ESPN the lost Network

My father in law asked me just the other day if football had started yet or when it was supposed to. I didn’t have any answers. To me, that’s my sign that I already don’t care anymore. I can say this honestly, I don’t give a damn if they (meaning the Vols or any of them) ever play again. If it weren’t for the Stocks thread in the Pub Forum, I doubt I’d still be here at all.
Okay, see you.

I'm a Vols fan for life, and will always care about them and watch them. No matter what happens in the wider world of sports.

Reactions: oz615
I quit watching anything but Live sports on ESPN years ago. I am glad I can now watch sports on the SEC network. I am so tired of everyone pushing their agenda at me and telling me what I am supposed to think is important. I have no problem with you having an opinion, but your opinion is NOT my opinion.
Yeah but now it's part of the live broadcasts football and the Kentucky Derby full of it yesterday

This is going to sound very strange, but hear me out for just a minute. I came inside from mowing the yard early last week and needed to cool off so I turned on the TV and because nothing interesting was on, I turned it over to SEC Network and watched a little of the Paul Finebaum show (yes I know that is a divisive topic in and of itself). He had a caller on who was very respectful but did bring up this same topic of the political agenda of Paul's employer (ESPN). The caller mentioned a desire to just talk sports and remove the politics from the conversations. Paul was not defensive about it and rather asked him to follow on questions as if he were doing his own market research on what callers and fans really want. Paul never disparaged the caller or his employer. The caller made excellent points that the politics and so forth are everywhere and on every channel and people just want a place to sometimes escape it and talk sports.

Paul's reaction surprised me so that I started looking into his contract status and future with ESPN. Yes, I know he is a polarizing topic on VN and that is not really my point. It looks like his contract ends at the end of the year and has some potential options and projects lined up, including executive producing a sitcom based on his life. With all of that stated, let me try to land the plane here. The point is that I believe many others feel the same way about ESPN based on the callers that are voicing opinions of too much politics on that network. While ESPN will probably continue to push their agenda, I think that Finebaum is listening.
In the world of mouse ears...
The SEC network is small taters.
Finebaum is a tater bug.

Reactions: tntar heel
Okay, see you.

I'm a Vols fan for life, and will always care about them and watch them. No matter what happens in the wider world of sports.
Since the NBA starting acting like idiots and MLB is still like watching paint dry with opinions I did stop watching ESPN A couple of months back. Now my flower beds look like Augusta National and my grass looks like Neyland’s turf. It’s a wonderful world out their without sports. I would of never said this 5 years ago but sometimes with change good comes from it.

Since the NBA starting acting like idiots and MLB is still like watching paint dry with opinions I did stop watching ESPN A couple of months back. Now my flower beds look like Augusta National and my grass looks like Neyland’s turf. It’s a wonderful world out their without sports. I would of never said this 5 years ago but sometimes with change good comes from it.
Yep same with me...I started backing away a few years back and hiking more on fall weekends...now I'm enjoying a friendly game of who has the best landscaping with my neighbor lol

Free market capitalism....you don’t have to watch espn. You can simply turn it off and watch something else or spend your free time doing other things besides watching sports. You can also live stream the games without enduring free speech you object to. ESPN is free to broadcast whatever they want....free market capitalism. If enough people do not tune in and their viewership suffers, then advertisers will start to take action. Until then, be an adult and either watch or don’t watch. It’s called America

It’s amazing how stepping away changes the perspective. I now spend more time with the family, stock trading, cooking, doing home renovations, going to car events, building personal wealth, traveling, etc etc. I guess if you live in Knoxville or the surrounding I get it. But being an out of town fan, it’s hard to care as much and devote the energy it takes to be a part of it all.

Not allowed to have differing opinions in society today.

Actually you are; what people are confused on is whether other people have to respect them. Sorry to break it to you, but no...they don't. Respecting your right to have the opinon and respecting the opinion are not remotely the same thing.

I am done with pro sports.

The jury is still out on college.

Probably just be VOL sports. Don't think I could give that up.

The passion, even for Vol sports, isnt there like it used to be for me. Yeah, I’m still interested & will watch but I’ve been a season ticket holder for 40 years and I think I’ve done my part. The bloated AD budget, mismanagement Over the past 20 years has soured me.

My father in law asked me just the other day if football had started yet or when it was supposed to. I didn’t have any answers. To me, that’s my sign that I already don’t care anymore. I can say this honestly, I don’t give a damn if they (meaning the Vols or any of them) ever play again. If it weren’t for the Stocks thread in the Pub Forum, I doubt I’d still be here at all.

And the fact you're posting in the Vol football forum tells me....yeah not buying it.

Maybe move this rant to the Politics forum where it belongs.

Wait, so a thread from people who want football games devoid of significant political talk needs to be in the Politics forum? People who want less politics in their lives should view and correspond on a Politics forum? That makes as much sense as a hemorrhoid transplant.

Wait, so a thread from people who want football games devoid of significant political talk needs to be in the Politics forum? People who want less politics in their lives should view and correspond on a Politics forum? That makes as much sense as a hemorrhoid transplant.

When it is turning into rants about how you can't have opinions anymore and all the other typical other replies, yeah it pretty much does. And even if I granted your premise, this is a Vol football board. This post is less about Vol football as a rant about how the OP doesn't like how things are now.

Yes sir, very true. I'm really getting tired of the lectures from some of these people telling me how bad of a person I am, I could care less what color someone is, good is good and bad is bad...

If you hear lectures and you automatically assume they are talking about you....maybe you need to examine why.

Reactions: ohhbother
The opinions part though really isn’t their job. They should be discussing sports, and that’s it. They have an agenda that’s pretty clear now, and it’s going to bite them.

So we're ranting about people having different opinions, and you're telling them what they should be talking about; which btw the flaw in your arugment is ignoring things IS taking a stance.

I think some of you need to be honest about what's bothering you; it's not that you're mad they are having opinions and presenting them, it's you don't like said opinons and you want them to shut up.

Yes sir, very true. I'm really getting tired of the lectures from some of these people telling me how bad of a person I am, I could care less what color someone is, good is good and bad is bad...
Or you maybe couldn't care less?

Glad to see you and others are realizing this. It's been this way for 15 years now. The only time I can stomach this Marxist propaganda machine is if a live game is on. They are just more brazen and WOKE now than ever.
I think the demise of ESPN began when ABC bought them, then Disney bought ABC, and the network bigwigs started controlling the agenda. Just my opinion.

BUT.......

You all mean to tell me you were not moved by Herbie shedding tears????

Here's Herbie's true colors

When Baker Mayfield grabbed his junk and flipped off the opposing crowd, he was "a leader showing passion and energy"

When R. Golden flipped off Bama fans, he needed to be kicked off the team.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back