ESPN the lost Network

Nobody said you have to care; but they don't have to care if you think it's the "time or place" either.
Lol... oh, they care. They’d be dense if they didnt care what viewers think. Most will tune in to watch a game no matter what they say. But panel shows are bad TV in a lot of cases.

Reactions: VolAllen
Just wish we could have a VOL Network where we hear and talk about games, sports , recruiting and other sports news . I find myself coming to volnation for news than ESPN or any other networks anymore .

Reactions: Hacksaw
The opinions part though really isn’t their job. They should be discussing sports, and that’s it. They have an agenda that’s pretty clear now, and it’s going to bite them.
Well, so many athletes that market them, have opinions. Ideally you separate these two and you can't these days because of social media. Plus it's a platform to use and raise awareness. Imagine their loss of viewers if they didn't seem sympathetic to the plight of colored people when they dominate the very sports that make them money. It's about money...

You don’t have to buy anything. The fact is I post probably 100 times to 1 in the Pub vs the Football forum.

But you're still here....

I don't care about NASCAR; guess how much I post in there? I'm betting if/when the Vols are good again, you'll be right in here posting away.

Is that how you see ESPN? As a diverse expression of the many views in this country?

Or can we be honest and admit they don’t offer “different opinions”? They only offer 1 opinion. The opinion of the radical left

I never said otherwise; the point was the people complaining about it are no different. They aren't mad ESPN is having an opinion, it's the opinion they have.

How ironic that this post actually addresses the point head on. Many posters don't want to see politics discussed in a forum created for sports, just like many viewers don't want to hear politics they disagree with on a media created for watching sports.

Fyp.

I don't care about NASCAR; guess how much I post in there? I'm betting if/when the Vols are good again, you'll be right in here posting away.

Lol I don’t think we’ll have to worry about that anytime soon

I never said otherwise; the point was the people complaining about it are no different. They aren't mad ESPN is having an opinion, it's the opinion they have.

Yet you’re presenting it as if ESPN is merely providing perspectives. ESPN has chosen to align themselves with the radical left. They did so knowing it would alienate many.

Also, I’m only here today because the stock market is closed and the Stocks thread is quiet. Came over here to see the news....and I found it I guess.

Yet you’re presenting it as if ESPN is merely providing perspectives. ESPN has chosen to align themselves with the radical left. They did so knowing it would alienate many.

Not even a little bit. But you are ignoring my point.

I’m incredible familiar with Marx. I’m also very familiar with Max Horkheimer
Now that you’ve brought the Frankfurt school into the football forum, you want to tell me how ESPN or Herbstreit are espousing Marxist ideals? Feel free to phone Roy Cohn for help.

I’m going to assume that you haven’t read a lot of Karl Marx. His beliefs don’t line up with those of Michael Eisner or Bob Chapek.

My favorite part is how the left in the US is labeled "the radical left".....and everywhere else in the world laughs their a**es off. The American left is center compared to most of the rest of the world.

Reactions: Stoerner Fumbles

VN Store

Back