Empty Neyland Movement (#uncluttervolnation)

Except we don't know that Jones is leaving.

I will eat crow till the cows come home if I am wrong but I cannot imagine a world in which he stays.

If that day comes and CBJ is our coach in 2018 I will offer a public apology to you sir.

Last edited:
Any idiot knows he will be gone -- its just the ones that so damn impatient, that are making the fanbase look more stupid by the minute

You sure about that reading between the lines of what Currie said or didn't say on Monday night along with the article in the TFP there is a good chance he will be back.

I don't think its as for gone as some think it is if they somehow win out.

#EmptyNeyland

You sure about that reading between the lines of what Currie said or didn't say on Monday night along with the article in the TFP there is a good chance he will be back.

#EmptyNeyland

As difficult as that was to read, I think you're dead-wrong. He's gone. No question. It's barely November and most coaches are still coaching other teams right now. Just chill!

Reactions: 1 person
I believe the answer is not #emptyneyland, but #emptypilotstores. They are the ones that need to be sent the message.

I will eat crow till the cows come home if I am wrong but I cannot imagine a world in which he stays.

If that day comes and CBJ is our coach in 2018 I will offer a public apology to you sir.

And I am pretty sure you'll be right. We can't chance it though. Especially with concussiongate.

As difficult as that was to read, I think you're dead-wrong. He's gone. No question. It's barely November and most coaches are still coaching other teams right now. Just chill!

A number of different media people Chris Low for one has said he doesn't think Currie has decided yet.

Others have said if Vols somehow win out he would more than likely be back for 2018.

#EmptyNeyland

If Scott and Wells resign now, is the only chance they win out -- Jones is going to have to take shots at TDs and not FGs from here on out

check out the piece Hooker did today and get back to me (it's going to sound like a lot of the same things that have been posted in this thread by me and others as a hint). also if you have a chance, listen to what Fred White has been talking about on the radio this morning. if you really listen to what Currie has been saying, there's a lot to be taken between the lines.

it's over. it's just a matter of time. made me feel even better about going to the game this weekend.

Reactions: 2 people
I believe the decision has already been made, so I will be at the game. I will buy a Petro and drink. I will support some of the local establishments. Go Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
Who all is sending a message that the "big money" donors aren't the only fans that matter tomorrow?

check out the piece Hooker did today and get back to me (it's going to sound like a lot of the same things that have been posted in this thread by me and others as a hint). also if you have a chance, listen to what Fred White has been talking about on the radio this morning. if you really listen to what Currie has been saying, there's a lot to be taken between the lines.

it's over. it's just a matter of time. made me feel even better about going to the game this weekend.

Care to paraphrase what they said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger View Post
Except we don't know that Jones is leaving.

John Currie is in a way telling the fans, that even while the crows and media are circling about with all kinds of unfavorable news week after week (0-5), for everyone to just calm down / eat beef / support the coach / go to the games, and this will all work out.

Quote from Basilio's blog this AM: "Neyland Stadium game day organizers have given word to vendors for Southern Miss to expect around 50,000 people at that game."

Care to paraphrase what they said?

well hooker's piece was basically putting two and two together....

couple things that i thought were interesting.....Jimmy Sexton is greedy. so much so that why wouldn't he want to kill two birds with one stone...

1. keep butch on til the end of the season, that will make it easier for him to find CBJ a landing spot, thus reducing the financial burden to UT, while not affecting Jimmy's or Butch's pocket books. TN is not firing CBJ with a nearly $9m tab due. Jimmy knows that. he'd like to maximize that any way possible, short of his firing.
2. Jimmy can work on finding a replacement for Butch, along with whoever is on that committee...peyton, phil, john, any haslam etc, etc, etc....you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours. again, no one really loses here.

there's zero financial interest for the agent, the coach or the university in not allowing him to finish the year. in fact, it could work out to everyone's benefit when all is said and done.

as for what Fred white was talking about, and i alluded to this on Tuesday after Currie's first public comments Monday night, the interview he did last night when asked about CBJ's future, it wasn't so much in what he said, as much as what he didn't say. you have to read between the lines.

he focused on really 3 things in his comments last night....1. focused on supporting student athletes first 2. understand fan frustration, 0-5 in the SEC is unacceptable 3. this is about the players, that only have 3 more opportunities to play at Neyland Stadium this year, and the srs, this is their last 3 opportunities.

what he didn't say...not a word about supporting CBJ one way or the other, except that he expects he's focused on Saturday's game.

it was all player and fan centric.

I believe the answer is not #emptyneyland, but #emptypilotstores. They are the ones that need to be sent the message.

But man they sure have good coffee. Dark roast is the best around. But i guess I could make a scarifice for ny beloved Vols 😂

VN Store

Back