Embarrassing

We have a systemic crisis at TN: administrative incompetence is its name and nothing is immune from its ravages. Our once proud Lady Vols basketball team is a shadow of its former self......football is buried in mediocrity or worse. No one save the fans seems to care. I guess administrators know the fans will spend their dollars to support the sports programs regardless of their success or lack thereof. It sux to be a Vol in 2021.

The FB program has always been the top focus and $ maker at TN. Look at it now. If the Admin incompetence cannot even fix the FB program where do you think the LV's BB team fit in that group. I say not very high anymore. The bar now for LV's is to just have decent season, get an NCAA invite and thats good enough.

She is what 8-2 or 9-2..with two top twenty wins..

Whatever the record is, is not the point. My point is, good coaching overcomes lack of recruiting challenges. It's east to say, only X recruiting classes in. Bruce Pearls best team or second best team (depending on how you look at it) was his first year here.

Whatever the record is, is not the point. My point is, good coaching overcomes lack of recruiting challenges. It's east to say, only X recruiting classes in. Bruce Pearls best team or second best team (depending on how you look at it) was his first year here.
What????? You lost me on that...

You sound excited. Just sends a thrill up your leg, right?

No! Actually I despise UCONN and would love nothing more than for the LV’s to beat them! I was at the 1995 Final Four and had to bear witness to the first UCONN national championship that came at our expense. I was also there at the hotel afterwards when Pat spoke to the team and saw the tears in their eyes. It was and always will be one of the worst sports memories of my life. I hate Geno! I hate UCONN! But, they are a well oiled machine and they will beat the brakes off of us next week. I’m sick of it being okay for the LV’s to not be elite! We should have never fell this far! Never!

You stated she only has one recruiting class. Good coaches win with what they got.
I guess Bear Bryant forgot how to coach a few seasons.
To be elite.you need.both good coaching and good players.
So far I would say our coaching has been average with above average, but not great, players.
JMO

Reactions: Volfan2012
I guess Bear Bryant forgot how to coach a few seasons.
To be elite.you need.both good coaching and good players.
So far I would say our coaching has been average with above average, but not great, players.
JMO

The players were smacked in the face 10 minutes before the game
even the players who do not agree with kneeling showed solidarity
the admin didn't

Wrong or right, you have to stand with your team and if you disagree, you don't take away their right and path,,,you convince them that the way they are doing it is not good for the environment (if, indeed, there is merit in your argument) ,,,But you do not strong-arm or you get girls who WILL shut down at the first opening

The players were smacked in the face 10 minutes before the game
even the players who do not agree with kneeling showed solidarity
the admin didn't

Wrong or right, you have to stand with your team and if you disagree, you don't take away their right and path,,,you convince them that the way they are doing it is not good for the environment (if, indeed, there is merit in your argument) ,,,But you do not strong-arm or you get girls who WILL shut down at the first opening

What in the world.does this have to do with my post? Basically I said you need a combination of good coaching and good Players and then I get this response about standing or not standing.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
What in the world.does this have to do with my post? Basically I said you need a combination of good coaching and good Players and then I get this response about standing or not standing.

Even great player can get emotionally smacked.
these are great players
when they play to their abilities they are a top ten group.

I disagree wholeheartedly that these are not great players

Bear Bryant was given the greatest compliment a coach can get and when he is mentioned I always think about that quote,,,,

"Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n"

If he coached basketball he would take our'n and beat anybody'n

Reactions: mcannon1
She is what 8-2 or 9-2..with two top twenty wins..
If Arkansas and Indiana are top 20 teams, women's basketball isn't that deep. Indiana has played 3 good teams and lost all 3, although we're mostly competitive. Arkansas has been beat by double digits 3 times and struggled to put away and 0 and 5 UF team in the SEC. If Dungee wasn't 17 for 17 from the FT line that could have been a loss. Although on the other side Briggs scored 41(2 less than Vandy as a team) and they still hung on to win. I just don't think to myself that's a good team when watching either Indiana or Arkansas.

Why, oh why cant we stop these fast point guards from driving the length of the court, right down the middle? My next question would be is why, oh why cant we get these kind of guard....i.e. Shannon Bobbitt.

Great, another hate thread.

200w.gif

Soares has ZERO upper body strength. She gets stuffed on every play down low. But we do have pretty hair.

If you want to see fast paced action packed badketball, go to a youth game in Murfreesboro. Better quality, and the tickets are affordable!

VN Store

Back