Embarrassing

allenfan1

Agree or disagree this is the worse that I haver seen a Coach ALLOW a team to play in the second half of a ball game. First of all a coach that allows an apposing team to outscore you 20-9 and close on a 19-2 run to close out the 3rd quarter and does not call a timeout needs to be fired. Second we have no point guard as the freshman from Spain is nothing more than a liability, and the other is not any better, as we had 24 turnovers. Third if you watched the game you saw the ENTIRE second half that every player jogged back on defense after a missed shot giving Georgia open looks and they had plenty of them. I have seen this from the start, but it is easy to overlook when you win. We would have lost to LSU if they could have made a free throw. I watched her press conference and she made mention of every thing from the LSU game that they did wrong, but still allowed the same thing tonight in the second half. They are lazy and not required to do the things they need to do to win, and this won't be the last. If you are satisfied with their effort and the coaching that we saw tonight, then you aren't expecting very much from such a talented team.

Agree or disagree this is the worse that I haver seen a Coach ALLOW a team to play in the second half of a ball game. First of all a coach that allows an apposing team to outscore you 20-9 and close on a 19-2 run to close out the 3rd quarter and does not call a timeout needs to be fired. Second we have no point guard as the freshman from Spain is nothing more than a liability, and the other is not any better, as we had 24 turnovers. Third if you watched the game you saw the ENTIRE second half that every player jogged back on defense after a missed shot giving Georgia open looks and they had plenty of them. I have seen this from the start, but it is easy to overlook when you win. We would have lost to LSU if they could have made a free throw. I watched her press conference and she made mention of every thing from the LSU game that they did wrong, but still allowed the same thing tonight in the second half. They are lazy and not required to do the things they need to do to win, and this won't be the last. If you are satisfied with their effort and the coaching that we saw tonight, then you aren't expecting very much from such a talented team.
The lack of hustle would put many of these on the bench if Barnes was their coach. Of course, the turnovers would, too.

This team plays like it is unmotivated, unfocused and lazy. I can't believe it lacks athletes, although some of the ladies are clearly weak, out of shape and clumsy. Players who lack self-motivation will get focused and hustle when they respect/fear the coach's response to lack of effort. Maybe someone significant needs to be called out and made a major example of for lack of effort.

The Georgia coach wasn't all that great, but she purposefully chose to sit her "star" big (who was playing pretty much like the Lady Vols) and the rest of the Georgia team immediately came alive with effort. Coach Harper needs to use the teaching power of the pine bench and not be afraid to use it no matter who the pupil is. When Barnes sees a lack of effort he sits the player regardless of who it is. If the pupil pouts, sit her longer. If they pout the season away, think about addition by subtraction at year end. Scholarships are for one year with no guarantees. If one important and capable, but underperforming, player gets called out by the coach in a public way, the rest of them will step up. If they don't, trade them all out for players who act like they care to play for the Lady Vols.

Had this team tried at all tonight they would have beaten Georgia by double digits.

FWIW one other observation about this team - every team needs a leader, an alpha. This bunch needs Coach Harper to step up and take on that role until someone on the floor asserts herself. Ms. Davis should be the one. She should have been the one for a couple of years. But she hasn't done it for whatever reason and her lack of consistent assertiveness and leadership is stunting the development of leadership from the younger players. Too bad. She could be one of the greats if she had the will of Catchings, Holdsclaw, Lawson, Marciniak or any one of a dozen other Lady Vol pace setters. She has the talent, but maybe not the desire.

I know folks don’t agree with this but this team has the talent of a 5th or 6th place team in the SEC at best 4th. The recruiting concerns me also seems as if we are actually recruiting to finish 5th or 6th and some HS kids that some posters put on here for 2022 and beyond would have us finishing 8th or below. Disagree if you want I am a big girl I can handle it!

Gee, isn’t this the same coach that was giving accolades for beating Arkansas. Make up your mind where to jump on or off the bandwagon, not sure you can have it both ways. I didn’t know they even played tonight but dang. We ll I shouldn’t have posted just a message board and everyone has their own opinion.

This team plays like it is unmotivated, unfocused and lazy. I can't believe it lacks athletes, although some of the ladies are clearly weak, out of shape and clumsy. Players who lack self-motivation will get focused and hustle when they respect/fear the coach's response to lack of effort. Maybe someone significant needs to be called out and made a major example of for lack of effort.

The Georgia coach wasn't all that great, but she purposefully chose to sit her "star" big (who was playing pretty much like the Lady Vols) and the rest of the Georgia team immediately came alive with effort. Coach Harper needs to use the teaching power of the pine bench and not be afraid to use it no matter who the pupil is. When Barnes sees a lack of effort he sits the player regardless of who it is. If the pupil pouts, sit her longer. If they pout the season away, think about addition by subtraction at year end. Scholarships are for one year with no guarantees. If one important and capable, but underperforming, player gets called out by the coach in a public way, the rest of them will step up. If they don't, trade them all out for players who act like they care to play for the Lady Vols.

Had this team tried at all tonight they would have beaten Georgia by double digits.
Kellie spends too much time trying to look like Pat. Gotta blow out a middling team if you want to be a serious contender.

Reactions: Vol 85
It seems they have a few things they can work on to improve. Time for some teaching.

Gee, isn’t this the same coach that was giving accolades for beating Arkansas. Make up your mind where to jump on or off the bandwagon, not sure you can have it both ways. I didn’t know they even played tonight but dang. We ll I shouldn’t have posted just a message board and everyone has their own opinion.

I'm not saying she should be fired, but good grif did you actually watch that crap tonight ?

Holly Harper gives us an ugly one point win over a not very good team and the fans go wild with joy. And for the next course, an ugly win over us by a not very good team, and we get to go wild again. Thanks, Holly Harper.

Not.

Last edited:
Reactions: T.J.
I know folks don’t agree with this but this team has the talent of a 5th or 6th place team in the SEC at best 4th. The recruiting concerns me also seems as if we are actually recruiting to finish 5th or 6th and some HS kids that some posters put on here for 2022 and beyond would have us finishing 8th or below. Disagree if you want I am a big girl I can handle it!
She's had one recruiting class...

VN Store

Back