Embarrassing

What an awful game to watch ! Lazy, uninterested players in the 2nd half. Total lack of effort. No timeouts called to stop the Georgia run.

I mean, how do these coaches get paid so much for being so damn high school average? It is mind-boggling, it really is.

What the problem is, and I’ve said this MULTIPLE TIMES, is that we are still playing 90s basketball in the 2020’s. We still have these big, tall players who are not athletic at all and expecting our height will win out. Missing shots and rebounding those misses should not be a game plan. Most teams now have smaller guards who can break you down off the dribble and posts who can move. We don’t have many shooters...it’s not going to get any better with the type of players she is recruiting. We are still going after the big tall slow players. I’m tired of hearing how we have such a tall team. I want an athletically tall team. I want a PG that can run the show and not turn the ball over every couple possessions! Even Pat, at times, would just try to convert someone into a PG. Most great PG’s are just born to play the position. Most great teams have someone who can break the press on their own and also create for their teammates. Ugh! It’s the same thing every year. We are going to be playing this prehistoric brand of basketball forever because we can’t figure out that brand of basketball is not ideal for these times.

I truly hope that reference to football fans was not directed at me. I had season tickets and went to every game when they were playing in Stokely. I continued going to every home game up until about 2012, when my grandfathers dementia got so bad that he couldn’t handle the refs. He thought they were out to get us and he couldn’t handle it. I still watch every game. I’m a Tennessee fan. I love every sport they have over there! The men’s basketball team is so fun to watch because they are playing a fun style of basketball. The women’s basketball team is not fun to watch. It hasn’t been for over a decade. We just “hope” to win. There’s no killer instinct. My love for the program keeps me watching and it always will, but we deserve a better product. People talk about parity, it’s still the same teams at the top and still the same teams winning Nattys every year....minus the Lady Vols.

What the problem is, and I’ve said this MULTIPLE TIMES, is that we are still playing 90s basketball in the 2020’s. We still have these big, tall players who are not athletic at all and expecting our height will win out. Missing shots and rebounding those misses should not be a game plan. Most teams now have smaller guards who can break you down off the dribble and posts who can move. We don’t have many shooters...it’s not going to get any better with the type of players she is recruiting. We are still going after the big tall slow players. I’m tired of hearing how we have such a tall team. I want an athletically tall team. I want a PG that can run the show and not turn the ball over every couple possessions! Even Pat, at times, would just try to convert someone into a PG. Most great PG’s are just born to play the position. Most great teams have someone who can break the press on their own and also create for their teammates. Ugh! It’s the same thing every year. We are going to be playing this prehistoric brand of basketball forever because we can’t figure out that brand of basketball is not ideal for these times.

feeding the bigs got us a significant lead,,,they made adjustments, we didn't!
The game hasn't changed, but the direction has

we have very athletic "big tall players" Rae, Ren, Jordan, can catch anybody running down the court,,,,but they got to want to...We should have USED our height and pulled their posts out and exploited the guard matchups inside with 1-on-1 post ups by our guards

Joni made an adjustment at halftime and pulled their big slow post out of the game and went more athletic. The equalizer last night for UGA was on ball defense. They got up in our comfort zone and we don’t have a true PG and it showed. Horston should not be the PG. her handles are terrible and she turns the ball over too much.

Let's face it.

While there is much justified criticism of the coaching to be made, many of these "fans" who have newly discovered the LV forum are here due to one thing and one thing only:

The players kneeled during the playing of the national anthem.

the players didn't get a chance to,,,a decision was made to play the national anthem 10 minutes before tipoff

Reactions: krichunaka
Sorry. It takes a whole lot to get me to watch Women's college basketball. AND THE ONLY TEAM I ever watched in the past was LV's. The game is slow and so very unathletic that I just can't watch it. Now I hope Kelly is ultra success here and wins a NC...soon....but I feel so very sorry for her enduring our fanbase. There were plenty here who hated Holly so bad it was embarrassing. She's gone...now the sites are set on Kelly...bless her heart!.

Looks like the "fire the coach" mob have moved from football to women's basketball!!!

With all due respect, I don't think that is what most of the "mob" is saying. Calling for Harper to be fired is nothing more than a knee jerk over reaction from long frustrated Lady Vol fans. In my opinion, it certainly isn't justified. Quick trigger calls for termination are neither credible nor justified---even at Tennessee (Turnstile U.). However,...

Calling for Harper to demand that her players consistently conduct themselves like college basketball players within the bounds of their talent levels is totally justified. Talent and skill varies widely. Hustle and effort are available to the lowest talent level and the highest talent level equally. It is the coach's obligation to see that hustle and effort are maintained or to enforce that requirement by sitting those who don't so that someone else can represent the team. I think teaching that obligation may be her biggest challenge with this roster and it is her job to address the issue during a game, not in the post game presser.

Kellie Jolly didn't play lazy and neither did her teammates. If she had, she wouldn't have been playing.

Reality of this team is slowly coming into focus now. It is only a middle of the pack SEC team and if there is an NCAA tourney and they make it, their ceiling is the 2nd round. Players allowed to play only when they want to and a coach that doesn't know how to effectively use timeouts or make in game changes will get you mediocre. It is what it is. Wishing and hoping will not change that.

Reactions: T.J.
Her entire class next year is exactly what you want. True PG with great athleticism and handle shooting guard that is nasty on D side and loves contact to get to rim and two bigs that can shoot 3. In CHRIST Alone

Joni made an adjustment at halftime and pulled their big slow post out of the game and went more athletic. The equalizer last night for UGA was on ball defense. They got up in our comfort zone and we don’t have a true PG and it showed. Horston should not be the PG. her handles are terrible and she turns the ball over too much.

I also think it was very hard for Rae to get a shot off, Rae is 6-1 i think Kellie would be better moving her to the 2 and moving Horston 6-2 to the 3. I only say this is because Horston is bigger a quicker and move Walker into the pg spot.

Reactions: PAPI
Nah. What I want is a complete PG that can do it all. Those PGs go to UCONN and the usual teams. I want a SG that you have to be right in her face at all times because you fear she will get a chance to shoot an open shot. I want a big that wants to destroy you on the inside and isn’t worried about shooting 3s. That’s what I want!

I also think it was very hard for Rae to get a shot off, Rae is 6-1 i think Kellie would be better moving her to the 2 and moving Horston 6-2 to the 3. I only say this is because Horston is bigger a quicker and move Walker into the pg spot.
Walker is out of her league as a starter. Horston is not ideal at PG, but she's really the only option at that position given the roster. Burrell at SG and Davis at SF is more than enough size and athleticism at the wing to dominate matchups against most teams.

Reactions: lfvol and travis929
It is near 100% coaching. KJH is showing why NCSU fired her, and then hired a real coach to produce a good team!!

Trust me, it will get worse until KJH is fired...!!! ( real issue is Foolmer!!!! )
Truth is painful. We''ll khow by season's end fo' sure!

It is near 100% coaching. KJH is showing why NCSU fired her, and then hired a real coach to produce a good team!!

Trust me, it will get worse until KJH is fired...!!! ( real issue is Foolmer!!!! )

The UT administration doesn't give a damn about this program. They showed that by getting the cheapest hire they could with Kellie and her husband.

It is what it is. Fans need to let go of the notion that this program will ever be great -- let alone elite -- ever again. That ship sailed long ago. So sad to see one of the greatest dynasties in college sports history become what it is today.

And the players we absolutely need to try and recruit do not live in East Tn 🤣

Reactions: Border Vol

VN Store

Back