Edey says Rick Barnes looked over him

But Burns will get his moneys worth with every foul and Eddy will be bloodied and bruised to
The point he won’t score 15

Refs haven't let anyone play that way with Edey all season, doubt that they start now, though I wouldn't be unhappy if they did.

1711973838995.png

Barnes was probably right to overlook him. If he played at Tennessee the refs wouldn't let him shoot 30 freethrows a game. Be Uros part 2.

Barnes already had 4/5 star Corey Walker. Really didn’t need a 3-star Edey that was ranked outside of the top 50 AT HIS POSITION as well.

It is impossible to take Edey seriously playing the disrespect card after watching him get literally double the FT attempts of the ENTIRE OPPOSING TEAM by himself.

He got passed over in recruiting a few years ago. Boo friggin hoo.

Hate to break it to him, but a lot of other players have gotten passed over to go on and have success as well without the preferential treatment he has been getting the last few seasons.

We Vol fans got to watch one of those guys in Knecht this season.

Cry to someone else. Many people didn’t recruit him, he went to Purdue. North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky, etc also didn’t want him. I will agree that Barnes needs to try to find a tall and strong center though. And bulk Awaka up this offseason. He’s got the mindset but he needs to be a little bigger.

Of course Barnes passed (not over looked) on Edey. How many Vols under Barnes have made comments like that during a post game, not to mention his colorful language...... and he doesn't play defense

Reactions: spyfish007
I’ll be happy after the tournament is over and never seeing Zach Edey again. His career is close to wrapping up. All 30 NBA coaches will look over him as well.

Reactions: Hoggervol
Again, boo freaking hoo.

I’m sorry Edey that all the haters doubted you even though Barnes wasn’t the only coach who “overlooked” you, yet you took the time to call him out personally instead of celebrating the win.

Also, I know it must be so hard to be 7’4 and able to knock defenders over with no chance of getting fouls called on you.

Has anyone seen Draft Day? The hot shot projected #1 pick QB has something that seems off to the GM. Turns out none of his teammates came to his birthday party, which the GM sees as odd and maybe a red flag. It appears that this all star player isn’t liked by his teammates or anyone else. I think of that when I hear Edey talk. He seems like the type that nobody really likes but has to tolerate to win.

Edey should've just took his teams victory and moved on with his business.

Bad look for him and Purdue University.

A program is the reflection of the head coach and Painter is one of the biggest crybabys in college basketball. It should come as no surprise that same attitude has trickled down to his players. If one of our players said that he had a boner after the game or called out the opposing coach after a win, Barnes would’ve made them run until they puked. You can win and you can lose, but not everyone does it with class.

So this guy gets the friendliest whistle on both sides of the court in the history of college basketball and he still acts like he has any right to have a chip on his shoulder? What a ******* crybaby. There's nobody less qualified to play the victim than Zach Edey, but here he is trying to elicit sympathy as he bulldozes his way to the Final Four.

I hope he loses and fades into mediocrity in the NBA.

Reactions: gainesvol82

VN Store

Back