Edey says Rick Barnes looked over him

Not the time or place to say that. You don’t rub things in when you win. That is the last major thing he will do in his life. Bye Shrek…can’t wait to laugh at your pathetic NBA career. Basketball school that goes to final fours once every 44 years. Clowns.

Actually athletes do this all the time. I don't see anything wrong with it. He just beat us today.

That's true but he wanted to speak his truth. It's nothing wrong with that. He didn't disrespect anyone. Some of you guys are soft as JA
Speak his truth, lol. That is one of the stupidest phrases ever, right up there with speaking truth to power. And singling out Barnes for overlooking him, everyone did Purdue just got lucky.

Terribly classless on his part, I don’t recall him ever being on our recruiting board, especially with us not exactly having a massive pipeline out of Canada, he could’ve said this about almost every other program in the country. Completely unwarranted thing to say and a joke to even assume that Barnes “looked over” him. Don’t want you in Orange anyways you big ass clown.
When I saw him looking at the basket before his foul shots, he look as if he was from another world. Really weird look with his eyes.

I guarantee that Rick Barnes’ decision to not recruit Zach Edey to Tennessee had nothing to do with Barnes thinking Edey couldn’t hack it or wasn’t good enough to play at this level. Extremely weird to make a comment like that at the moment you should be celebrating your teams accomplishment. Says a lot about him as a person that he chose those words specifically.

Unless Burns gets the sympathy whistle, for being the media’s tournament darling, Edy will eat him up. I’m curious to see how that game is officiated? Who makes the better story, the Cinderella or the the powerhouse?
NC State would be the powerhouse as they actually have 2 NCAA titles (and more F4 appearances). Purdue has a pre-tourney championship. They are more the Cinderella

I guarantee that Rick Barnes’ decision to not recruit Zach Edey to Tennessee had nothing to do with Barnes thinking Edey couldn’t hack it or wasn’t good enough to play at this level. Extremely weird to make a comment like that at the moment you should be celebrating your teams accomplishment. Says a lot about him as a person that he chose those words specifically.

Probably a big reason why Barnes decided to take a pass on Edey (along with practically every other P-6 program). You don’t hear tN’s players make classless comments like that.

360+ other programs he could have used as an example. Driving the knife in the back of the coach you just sent home is pretty classless, honest or otherwise. Not to mention that it was pretty dramatic to insinuate that he, at 7'-4, has constantly battled adversity in the world of basketball.
It sounds like that's what his coaches feed him for motivation.

Reactions: cncchris33
Unless Burns gets the sympathy whistle, for being the media’s tournament darling, Edy will eat him up. I’m curious to see how that game is officiated? Who makes the better story, the Cinderella or the the powerhouse?
If they officiate per the rules then Burns feasts. He's a much better basketball player. But we know how they'll officiate.

I will be curious to see how D.J. Burns matches up
against him.
Same as any other big. Edey will get every call and never get called for anything. Edey has been fouled 400 times but only averages 2 fouls a game. He’s a cheat code because refs won’t call a fair game with him.

If the refs call the game the way they have this year with Edey, then my money is on Burns fouling out at about the 14 minute mark in the second half.
But Burns will get his moneys worth with every foul and Eddy will be bloodied and bruised to
The point he won’t score 15

NC State would be the powerhouse as they actually have 2 NCAA titles (and more F4 appearances). Purdue has a pre-tourney championship. They are more the Cinderella
In 1983 and this year, they're very much a Cinderella. They're certainly not a powerhouse. They don't even make the tournament without winning the ACC tournament. They have won 9 straight games..maybe more

, if he played at tennessee, he would have fouled a bunch. No way he would get away with all the non-calls in the SEC

Terribly classless on his part, I don’t recall him ever being on our recruiting board, especially with us not exactly having a massive pipeline out of Canada, he could’ve said this about almost every other program in the country. Completely unwarranted thing to say and a joke to even assume that Barnes “looked over” him. Don’t want you in Orange anyways you big ass clown.

He had 3 offers. Everyone looked him over

VN Store

Back