Doug Mathews says Pruitt has made OC Choice

Vfl2407

This morning on his radio show, Coach Mathews said he has been told (most likely by his best friend Fulmer) that Pruitt has his guy who has accepted the job.
But, Mathews said he does not know that name.
Said he doesn’t ask questions like that because he doesn’t want to know things that he can’t use on the air.
Said UT hasn’t made announcement yet “possibly” because the guy is still coaching somewhere else.
He added that this choice has been exclusively Pruitts and that Fulmer and the administration have not interfered.

Take all that with whatever grains of salt you wish. I’m just passing on what I heard.

This morning on his radio show, Coach Mathews said he has been told (most likely by his best friend Fulmer) that Pruitt has his guy who has accepted the job.
But, Mathews said he does not know that name.
Said he doesn’t ask questions like that because he doesn’t want to know things that he can’t use on the air.
Said UT hasn’t made announcement yet “possibly” because the guy is still coaching somewhere else.
He added that this choice has been exclusively Pruitts and that Fulmer and the administration have not interfered.

Take all that with whatever grains of salt you wish. I’m just passing on what I heard.

Sounds possible and if presumably that is the case then it may be 2-3 weeks before we find out. Enos to UT and Jones as OC at Bama?

Sounds possible and if presumably that is the case then it may be 2-3 weeks before we find out. Enos to UT and Jones as OC at Bama?

If Jones was in Knoxville recruiting for Bama, then that would mean he has been given a coaching role at Bama otherwise an offensive QC hire couldn’t recruit

Wow what breaking news, it’s even less informative than the insiders here. He’s “breaking news” but hasn’t actually said anything that he can’t go back later, like our insiders, and say oh I didn’t say anything was done, I was just reporting what I was told and the reason I was wrong was the other person, not me.

Doug may very well be right in the end, but I'm seriously starting to distrust anyone in the media that covers the program. I'll wait until there is a press conference with dude on stage in Knoxville before I get burned with more Tennessee coaching search shenanigans.

If Jones was in Knoxville recruiting for Bama, then that would mean he has been given a coaching role at Bama otherwise an offensive QC hire couldn’t recruit

Not really. It means that Jones was given Locksley's recruiting credentials since Locksley won't be recruiting for Bama anymore. Jones is still not an on-field coach.

VN Store

Back