Doug Mathews says Pruitt has made OC Choice

Doug may very well be right in the end, but I'm seriously starting to distrust anyone in the media that covers the program. I'll wait until there is a press conference with dude on stage in Knoxville before I get burned with more Tennessee coaching search shenanigans.
Imo this is a product of people "trollinv" and just throwing crap out on social media and then fans take it and run with it and then when the crap turns out to be well crap, then the melt down begins and the he said she said starts and total complete chaos ensures!!!! And then the University gets the black eye and backlash from the fans and social media...... I've said it before and I'll say it again... Social Media is to blame for a lot of the crap we endure. Our passionate fan base sometimes is our worst enemy!!!!!

Will Friend, come on down.

200w.gif

Some people pitch a fit when they don't get their Big Mac in 10 seconds. Instant gratification age.
If you think this search is going well, you’re kidding yourself. He isn’t taking his time. He is getting rejected. Repeatedly.

Reactions: amorange
Why would Tennessee agree not to announce until after signing day? Wouldn’t you want your recruits to know who their OC was before they signed with UT and why would you do agree to help UGA keep their class in place?
Buyout considerations? It’s a lateral move. Smart is ready to move on but your OC bolting for a conference rival right before early signing day isn’t anything he’d be flexible about. “He’s yours free and clear afterwards” makes sense?

This morning on his radio show, Coach Mathews said he has been told (most likely by his best friend Fulmer) that Pruitt has his guy who has accepted the job.
But, Mathews said he does not know that name.
Said he doesn’t ask questions like that because he doesn’t want to know things that he can’t use on the air.
Said UT hasn’t made announcement yet “possibly” because the guy is still coaching somewhere else.
He added that this choice has been exclusively Pruitts and that Fulmer and the administration have not interfered.

Take all that with whatever grains of salt you wish. I’m just passing on what I heard.

Bologna! Mathews thinks enos something, but he doesn’t!

Last edited:
If Jones was in Knoxville recruiting for Bama, then that would mean he has been given a coaching role at Bama otherwise an offensive QC hire couldn’t recruit

I read that he was allowed to do it because Bama is down a coach due to Locksley being hired by Maryland but I don't know how accurate that is.

It’s really interesting that there are 7 and 8 year old accounts with barely any post history responding in nearly the same way. Volnation bots to the rescue!

VN Store

Back