Doug Mathews says Pruitt has made OC Choice

Atlanta Vol said it was done last week 🤔

Not saying AV is right but it very well may have been. IMO nobody not on that staff, not named Phil Fulmer or someone directly told by the above knows anything for certain.

There has been a HUGE amount of disinformation put out on this. Some intentionally for purposes of diversion, some to generate click bait and a lot by folks that don't know sh!t from apple butter. I'm pleasently surprised by Pruitt and Fulmer's stealth in this search.

Wouldn’t that make you smile. I wonder how long it would take him to trash Bammers offense to the point of taking years to fix?
Dream scenario, at least the Jones part of it. But most would agree, he ain’t getting anything more from Saban except a “fond farewell” once he finds some other program that will have him. I don’t hate Butch, just hate what happened under his watch at UT.

Most of the guys on our list are still coaching. Briles, Leddy, Enos, Kitchens, all still have a game or more to coach.
In the college ranks Enos is the only one coaching for anything at stake...unless UCF repeats as self declared NC’s. Name you didn’t list was Chaney. I’m beginning to think there’s an agreement in place that won’t be announced until after early signing day due to recruiting. Would fit both Atlanta Vol’s and Matthews hints.

I would call BS on this but the way it is worded it is an open ended statement.

If Jones was in Knoxville recruiting for Bama, then that would mean he has been given a coaching role at Bama otherwise an offensive QC hire couldn’t recruit
Actually the new rule allows for an extra non on the field coach to be able to go out on the road and recruit. I hope I am wrong, but no way Satan picks Botch over Enos. Botch might get some “coaching role”, but can’t imagine him being an OC there.

Reactions: memtownvol
This morning on his radio show, Coach Mathews said he has been told (most likely by his best friend Fulmer) that Pruitt has his guy who has accepted the job.
But, Mathews said he does not know that name.
Said he doesn’t ask questions like that because he doesn’t want to know things that he can’t use on the air.
Said UT hasn’t made announcement yet “possibly” because the guy is still coaching somewhere else.
He added that this choice has been exclusively Pruitts and that Fulmer and the administration have not interfered.

Take all that with whatever grains of salt you wish. I’m just passing on what I heard.
I think this is how some expected it to go and some were convinced that ADPF or admin would drew it up. Hope he got a guy that he can work with.

In the college ranks Enos is the only one coaching for anything at stake...unless UCF repeats as self declared NC’s. Name you didn’t list was Chaney. I’m beginning to think there’s an agreement in place that won’t be announced until after early signing day due to recruiting. Would fit both Atlanta Vol’s and Matthews hints.

Why would Tennessee agree not to announce until after signing day? Wouldn’t you want your recruits to know who their OC was before they signed with UT and why would you do agree to help UGA keep their class in place?

Reactions: BIGAL27 and hog88
This morning on his radio show, Coach Mathews said he has been told (most likely by his best friend Fulmer) that Pruitt has his guy who has accepted the job.
But, Mathews said he does not know that name.
Said he doesn’t ask questions like that because he doesn’t want to know things that he can’t use on the air.
Said UT hasn’t made announcement yet “possibly” because the guy is still coaching somewhere else.
He added that this choice has been exclusively Pruitts and that Fulmer and the administration have not interfered.

Take all that with whatever grains of salt you wish. I’m just passing on what I heard.
images

Reactions: Manning Up
If Jones was in Knoxville recruiting for Bama, then that would mean he has been given a coaching role at Bama otherwise an offensive QC hire couldn’t recruit

It only means he is employed by the University, has taken the NCAA recruiting certification test and been designated as one of the ten person's the University is utilizing. When you have a shortfall at a coaching spot, you are allowed to send a replacement until that position is filled. Just like we are doing for Helton's position.

Reactions: savannahfan
If they are still coaching I think it would have to be a NFL guy. Bowl games don't matter that much. Several coaches have announced new jobs before the BCS

Reactions: cgrish

VN Store

Back