Door still open for To'o To'o and Crouch

So what is the difference in announcing you're putting your name in the transfer portal, staying in school and talking to the new UT coaches or not saying anything, going through spring ball and then putting your name in the transfer portal at the end of the semester when your classes are done?

I'd say experience. Never quit your current job before you land your next job. I don't hold any ill will towards these guys. It was a knee jerk reaction to the predicament they found themselves in when the coaching staff that recruited them and coached them were ALL gone. They're Vols until they aren't in my opinion. And I'm positive that Vol Nation will be the last to know what their final decision will be. As usual.
If you want to start the next season, best to get in Spring Ball with the new team...otherwise you are behind the curve for the fall. And when the team is Alabama, you are behind the curve just to begin with.

I'm done with both of them. No hate, or ill will, but they just need to leave at this point. They've had plenty of time to make a decision.
I agree. Both just need to move on already. This crap about straddling the fence and having one foot out the door isn't flying. Speaks volumes about their "commitment" to UT and their former teammates. So sit out the spring and come in when? Start of summer workouts? Fall practice? I'll roll with the returning players and take my chances with kids who want to be at this university.

Yep this type of transfer portal is new and after a couple of years of trial and error, I believe you will see some organizations come up with some timeline measures. The big-time players will have deals worked out before they even announce the portal. The lower-level players kind of go un-noticed anyway. The timeline would help the big-time players and organizations both brand-wise. I would venture HT was one of the most liked players fanwise the last 2 years but his brand has went way downhill at UT. I believe no top-tier team has come after him, as they did in HS recruiting. I'm sure he could find a P5 team but not sure he would help his end game much if any.
Yes, it’s called free agency deadline.
GBO!!

Reactions: ArdentVol
I am beginning to wonder if this the tail wagging the dog?
To hell with that. Kelly Washington ring a bell? I know Heupel wants to be a players coach, but there comes a time when you have to just say enough is enough. Once respect is lost, it's rarely, if ever, regained.

To hell with that. Kelly Washington ring a bell? I know Heupel wants to be a players coach, but there comes a time when you have to just say enough is enough. Once respect is lost, it's rarely, if ever, regained.
yeah, I remember him; I was at the game; 01 vs LSU when he broke the all time receiving record for a single game.

Anyone is crazy if they don't want HT back. This looks like his father's doing. Henry understandably does not want to cross his dad. Maybe HT wants to be here and if he decides to stay he should be welcomed with open arms. If he doesn't, I hope he leaves now and doesn't take reps from players who are playing in the fall.

But to say he is not wanted and not knowing anything but hearsay to this point is just plain dumb and a bunch of VN hyperbole. We not only need LBs to start, but we need depth. If HT stays he will be the best we have and will be deeper by one.

Thank you for posting this. Henry To’oto’o was a team leader in his second season, when some upperclassmen and underclassmen were folding their tents. It was interesting to note that Henry, a sophomore, was the player doing most of the post game interviews each week. It’s sad that many UT fans don’t even take the time to learn how to pronounce his name correctly. Henry is a class act. He busted his ass out there for UT, and will do it again.. Tennessee was a debacle by the end of the season, and then we get busted for improper benefits....and then a regime change..! The young man just took a step back to assess the situation.

Henry’s teammates want him back and so should Vol fans. GO VOLS!

Last edited:
Yep this type of transfer portal is new and after a couple of years of trial and error, I believe you will see some organizations come up with some timeline measures. The big-time players will have deals worked out before they even announce the portal. The lower-level players kind of go un-noticed anyway. The timeline would help the big-time players and organizations both brand-wise. I would venture HT was one of the most liked players fanwise the last 2 years but his brand has went way downhill at UT. I believe no top-tier team has come after him, as they did in HS recruiting. I'm sure he could find a P5 team but not sure he would help his end game much if any.
I guess the other school read his dad's statement. Maybe, HTT is ready to start making his own decisions. Who knows? I would take him back, but I don't know a lot about him other than what I read on here. I don't have a lot of faith on much that I read here.

What in the world are Henry T and Crouch waiting for? Geesh, they could leave anytime, transport portal or not. At what point does CJH close the door and make a decision for them.
They are waiting for NCAA to rule on transfers. Right now if they transfer, they have to sit out a year

Henry T's dad is a real jacka$$ "But one thing that we talked about was that we chose Tennessee the first time when we should have came to Alabama, so let’s not make this mistake twice."

Our program is such a dumpster fire. The fact a parent says that to a reporter, what the heck is going on. I really wish UT would cut all ties to this family immediately.

Your knee jerk reaction was probably as stupid as HT's dad! HT's dad could have been drinking and pissed that Pruitt did what he did
and got fired for it! People do change their mind. If HT is 100 ON BOARD before fall practice, I say let the young man play! He is a stud!

Reactions: BLUTickbusdriver
They are waiting for NCAA to rule on transfers. Right now if they transfer, they have to sit out a year

100% this. If they have to sit out they would be stupid to transfer and delay the NFL for a year. Play here and declare. If they can play somewhere else and not lose eligibility they will.

For those who think they are behind you are right to a degree but these are talented players who have been playing in a college system for a couple of years. There won't be a huge difference in the learning curve for Spring and nothing they can't catch up on by fall camp. Spring ball tends to be focused on technique work, base defenses and not opponent specific schemes.

I think Henry T. was turned away by several programs due to the possibility of being ruled ineligible. At one time, he was rumored to be going to OSU then Bama.

tuscaloosa media earlider this week indicated he would be a bammer

Your knee jerk reaction was probably as stupid as HT's dad! HT's dad could have been drinking and pissed that Pruitt did what he did
and got fired for it! People do change their mind. If HT is 100 ON BOARD before fall practice, I say let the young man play! He is a stud!

Wow. Make excuses and assumptions about the man. You hear Henry Ts dad apologize for that quote yet? I haven't.

Wow. Make excuses and assumptions about the man. You hear Henry Ts dad apologize for that quote yet? I haven't.

Just because you haven't seen it on social media doesn't mean an apology wasn't given to the new staff. But, you keep on thinking you know
it all when you don't know squat. Also, I coached ball for 19 years. I NEVER HELD A KID/YOUNG MAN ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR PARENTS ACTIONS!!! NO OTHER COACH SHOULD EITHER!!!!! If it were HT's actions and comments, that would be a different scenario! YOU ARE CLUELESS!!!!!

Time to tell them either pull their names from the transfer portal and be with your teammates or leave already....

Reactions: vols1071
Henry T's dad is a real jacka$$ "But one thing that we talked about was that we chose Tennessee the first time when we should have came to Alabama, so let’s not make this mistake twice."

Our program is such a dumpster fire. The fact a parent says that to a reporter, what the heck is going on. I really wish UT would cut all ties to this family immediately.

and then his dad said he didn't say that! Who knows?

I can’t put Henry T in Kelly Washington’s category. He was the ultimate diva wide receiver. I think Henry T’s dad is the driving force behind all of this.

Just because you haven't seen it on social media doesn't mean an apology wasn't given to the new staff. But, you keep on thinking you know
it all when you don't know squat. Also, I coached ball for 19 years. I NEVER HELD A KID/YOUNG MAN ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR PARENTS ACTIONS!!! NO OTHER COACH SHOULD EITHER!!!!! If it were HT's actions and comments, that would be a different scenario! YOU ARE CLUELESS!!!!!

The father just cucked our program publicly and the son continues to string us along. Eff that. Obviously the kid and family isnt all in here. Get rid of them. Have some dang self respect.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
I do know this. You better play football totally committed to the game, yourself & your team. Playing half ass just to get thru the season wouldn’t come out so good.

I think Henry T. was turned away by several programs due to the possibility of being ruled ineligible. At one time, he was rumored to be going to OSU then Bama.
Possible. They also might have been open with him about the competition he would face and the possibility of being a back up.

Easy solution. Sign out of the transfer portal and state you are a Vol. Otherwise, Hit the road Jack!

VN Store

Back