Does Pruitt’s grammar matter at all to you?

Yes. People will say we’re just being unnecessarily critical, but it’s embarrassing.

It’s like we are perpetuating the National stereotype we’ve been fighting for years.

But if that is my main complaint about Pruitt, I’m not paying enough attention.

Yes it’s about as embarrassing as the numerous pronouns and safe places used at UT.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Then why do you keep hiring our coaches? Stupid is as stupid does.
Besides Jeremy Pruitt, what Alabama coach has Tennessee hired? I think you have it backward. In the last 10 years, Alabama's athletic department has hired 3 former Tennessee head football coaches in one capacity or another... Bill Battle served as your athletic director briefly, Lane Kiffin was your offensive coordinator and now, Butch Jones is an intern (or something like that?).

Reactions: Rifleman
Besides Jeremy Pruitt, what Alabama coach has Tennessee hired? I think you have it backward. In the last 10 years, Alabama's athletic department has hired 3 former Tennessee head football coaches in one capacity or another... Bill Battle served as your athletic director briefly, Lane Kiffin was your offensive coordinator and now, Butch Jones is an intern (or something like that?).
Sal sunseri, lance thompson.....david cutcliff was a bammer too.

If you were, in actuality, a student of context, this thread should have brought home to your attention the slaps at the state of Alabama's educational system. For which OORAH knows very well. Odd, being a vol fan, you let context and perspective get away from you so quickly.

My feeling is that it matters more at 0-2 than 2-0.
I will say, as someone with family members who were teachers, that it does bother me.
To claim to be an institution of higher learning, you’d think we could get him an English tutor.
But being honest, if he upsets Florida and gets us to a bowl game, I won’t care how he “done” it.

In a word, yes. I cringe at some of the stupid **** he says. He really does know better, just doesn't care IMO.

Whats that have to do with fans sounding stupid?

Pruitt grew up a Bama fan. Over half his coaching staff played for the Crimson Tide. Going to be hard to separate fact from fiction as long as you guys keep going for that Tuscaloosa North look.

How someone speaks always matters but I don't think it necessarily signals success. People with bad grammar can still be good communicators and vice versa. Derek Dooley was probably the most articulate man that's ever held the job, and we know how that turned out.

Referring to those Germans on Normandy?🤣

No, why should it? He's a southerner like us. Blessed to be of the South and in the South. Glad he doesn't sound like a northern, left-wing liberal democrat!

Or a northern, right-wing greedy republican. They all share the same accent and dialect, you know. "Polickers" are all the same no matter which side of the aisle they sit. They just lie about it.

Reactions: volfannbama
My Mom - at 76 - is STILL correcting folks grammar in a local Catholic school, so I'm probably biased in favor of grammar.

Grammar completely matters, which I think is why Pruitt speaks the way he does. Country grammar can be quite effective, and effective communicators always tailor the message to their audiences.

For instance, when I tell the neighbor's dog to "GEETOWNAHHTAHEEYAH!", she reacts and immediately leaves - even mid-dump.

By contrast, if I said, "Excuse me, Snickers, would you kindly cease and desist your unsanitary trespass and depart these premises immediately?" I seriously doubt it would be as effective.

If I've told you once I've told you a 1000 times...THAT'S NOT MY DOG..

Reactions: kcvols1
Pruitt grew up a Bama fan. Over half his coaching staff played for the Crimson Tide. Going to be hard to separate fact from fiction as long as you guys keep going for that Tuscaloosa North look.
Ok my bad, didnt know you were agreeing that alabama fans have sounded stupid for generations. Yeah, I agree we should stop hiring alabama coaches that suck at coaching.

Sounds like a bad case of buyer's remorse.
Your school went through an embarrassing stretch of "Mikes"... DuBose, Price and Shula, I'm sure you can relate to our frustration. But hey, at least Price used proper grammar when telling the stripper, "It's rolling baby!".

Sounds like a bad case of buyer's remorse.
I got to ask and with no malice or concern actually...why would a Bama fan (or any other team fan) go to the trouble of setting up an account on a Vol website, let alone post here? Seriously just curious because for me to do that on another teams website is as foreign as the Russian outback.

Ok my bad, didnt know you were agreeing that alabama fans have sounded stupid for generations. Yeah, I agree we should stop hiring alabama coaches that suck at coaching.

You are paying him 4 mil a year to be the HC. Millions more for his Alabama assistant coaches. Fulmer wanted the next Saban regardless of how he pronounced his words. Tenn Nation has been guilty by association since this started.

Your school went through an embarrassing stretch of "Mikes"... DuBose, Price and Shula, I'm sure you can relate to our frustration. But hey, at least Price used proper grammar when telling the stripper, "It's rolling baby!".

You guys are the ones taking the time to speak poorly of your HC's choice of grammar. Pretty sure that's not really the solution to your football problems either way.

You are paying him 4 mil a year to be the HC. Millions more for his Alabama assistant coaches. Fulmer wanted the next Saban regardless of how he pronounced his words. Tenn Nation has been guilty by association since this started.
Yeah, our ad has been making bad decisions for a long time.

VN Store

Back