Dobbs is not the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the dumbest QB I've seen play here in a while. His interceptions were worse than Compdaddy's. All the dude can do is run, but I'd rather have Worley out there instead honestly.

You guys do realize that PackersVol wrote this a year ago..? Please stop flaming him on the thread.

Reactions: 1 person
I wish we could do a search to see how many out there were DOWN on Dobbs and then DOWN on Butch for not being smart enough to start Dobbs.

We are a fickle bunch of "fancoaches"! & REALLY REALLY smart!

I knew Dobbs was the man for tennessee when he was in high school. Check out my threads

Reactions: 2 people
Dobbs is doing fine. You guys also seem to see the worse in anything.

In regards to Dobbs' performance, I'd say describing it as "doing fine" is about as big an understatement as I've seen in a very long time.

I'll admit it...I was wrong. After the Vandy game I really did not think he would improve much beyond what he showed in those last few games. He couldn't throw with any accuracy and didn't seem fast or elusive. Watching him against South Carolina I was shocked at how much he had improved in both areas. I wanted to see one more game to see if he could be consistently great and he was (vs. Kentucky). I have NO doubts now that he is the man for the future of this offense and can lead us to an SEC East title. I also have no doubts that I will learn to reserve judgements on Freshman QBs :redface:

I'll admit it...I was wrong. After the Vandy game I really did not think he would improve much beyond what he showed in those last few games. He couldn't throw with any accuracy and didn't seem fast or elusive. Watching him against South Carolina I was shocked at how much he had improved in both areas. I wanted to see one more game to see if he could be consistently great and he was (vs. Kentucky). I have NO doubts now that he is the man for the future of this offense and can lead us to an SEC East title. I also have no doubts that I will learn to reserve judgements on Freshman QBs :redface:

You don't have to offer an apology. A lot of skeptics in here about players,coaches,etc and I am one of the biggest. I hate to say that I guess being around during the 15 years of 10 plus wins per season average kinda grows on you.

So you people honestly expected a true freshman, non-early enrollee QB to have success with no experienced receivers and average at best running backs? Name one QB that has come in with that situation and had any success in the SEC.

His starters at receiver all season were two true freshmen, a redshirt freshman and a sophomore that is only capable of playing slot receiver. The receivers barely gave Worley a chance to win, you add in a true freshman and there's basically no chance.

Trying to judge Dobbs (or Ferguson if it had been him) is unbelievably premature at this point. I guarantee you'll see a different guy in the spring game and a hell of a competition between Dobbs and Worley this summer.

Ferguson is going to have a shot as well, but if you're expecting to be the savior, keep hoping. He may be the guy one day, but Dobbs has looked better in every aspect of the game from the start, despite what some media have said. Ferguson has looked fine in drills, but his work in team periods closed to the media never had him in the mix. Hopefully, he takes a step forward as well. But if Dobbs improves the way he should with the experience he's gotten this season, he's going to be the guy for some time coming.

I hate to be a shameless self-promoter, but I think I was right here.

Reactions: 5 people
The next Tee Martin!!!!!

I would say Heath Shuler. Shuler ran for the same amount of yards with more TDs when compared to Tees best season. Dobbs passing efficiency is also similar to Shulers, and better than Tees.

I know Tee won a championship but he had such a great supporting cast around him. Statistically he was good but not great.

For the amount of abuse I took for defending Dobbs last year and in the spring, I earned that post.
Same here. I have been a Dobbs fan since he signed.

I could see how slippery he was in the pocket, and made lots of big plays with his legs in HS.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9KGlVgspFo [/youtube]

Didn't expect him to play as a true freshman, but I always felt he was by far, the best fit for Bajakian's offense. I understand why the staff chose Worley. Experience. Seniority. I think Butch favored that element above talent and scheme fit. If Worley were more athletic as a QB, able to elude pressure in the pocket, and run for 1st downs when the pocket collapses, I'd be on board with him starting over the less experienced player.

But, he was just a bad fit from day one.

I grew up a Volunteer my entire life, but stayed in state to attend Arizona State University (because of the cheap in-state tuition). The day Dobbs de-committed from ASU and committed to Tennessee, I was ECSTATIC

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back