Dobbs is not the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worms at SEC stadiums are getting scared when they learn that Dobbs is coming to their stadium. He is leaving a trail of dead worms in the wake of his passes into the ground.

Not calling you out by bumping this post. I just found it hilarious.

Reactions: 3 people
Lol wow there are some real gems in here.

Proof once again that the internet is where your stupid comments live on even after you're gone. (And don't I know it)

Reactions: 2 people
I'll admit, when I first saw Dobbs and his cannon arm and running ability, I thought he would us to new levels. I was wrong. Yeah, he can run, but his pocket presence and ability to throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield accurately is terrible. I'm not sure if that can be taught during the offseason or not. When you don't throw a single touchdown pass in any game you play, there is something wrong. Here is to hoping the QB competition in the spring will yield a good QB for us next year. As much as I was disappointed in Worleys play, we would have won against Vanderbilt and probably would have been competitive against Missouri. Between Worley, Ferguson and Dobbs, surely we have a competent SEC QB going forward.

1F5N4W5.gif

Reactions: 6 people
Originally Posted by GoBigOrangeUT:
I'll admit, when I first saw Dobbs and his cannon arm and running ability, I thought he would us to new levels. I was wrong. Yeah, he can run, but his pocket presence and ability to throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield accurately is terrible. I'm not sure if that can be taught during the offseason or not. When you don't throw a single touchdown pass in any game you play, there is something wrong. Here is to hoping the QB competition in the spring will yield a good QB for us next year. As much as I was disappointed in Worleys play, we would have won against Vanderbilt and probably would have been competitive against Missouri. Between Worley, Ferguson and Dobbs, surely we have a competent SEC QB going forward.

Needs to move to rb, wr, or FS imo. But we might as well keep him in this last game because ferguson will be starting next year as a RS fresh.

tumblr_nb7jxaKgKm1smmsbuo1_500.gif

...cause you brainiacs know a thing or two....about nothing.

tumblr_naspkpd6BT1smmsbuo4_400.gif

The best part is that Dobbs proved so many wrong and a lot correct as well. It takes time to develop and Joshua's off season training room work has also been a big plus. Joshua's continued improvement over this coming off season could prove to be unveiling of one of college footballs best QB's next fall.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!
People can be wrong when posting opinions. And it is Oh so very fun to make fun of them when they do!!!! More at 11 along with wonderful ways to make them feel like dirt when they do!

"Back to you Tom, BTW is this not just a great story. Add this on top of the Fire Bajakian Stories and we have a GREAT night coming up on Hindsight News Channel 20/20"

Reactions: 1 person
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!
People can be wrong when posting opinions. And it is Oh so very fun to make fun of them when they do!!!! More at 11 along with wonderful ways to make them feel like dirt when they do!

"Back to you Tom, BTW is this not just a great story. Add this on top of the Fire Bajakian Stories and we have a GREAT night coming up on Hindsight News Channel 20/20"

You forgot the human interest story of why Muschamp was fired because of Dobbs fear brought on from watching South Carolina game tape before losing to South Carolina.

You forgot the human interest story of why Muschamp was fired because of Dobbs fear brought on from watching South Carolina game tape before losing to South Carolina.

My bad, you are correct.. forgot to put that in there.

It is just such a full night, we can't fit all we have planned in a single 2 minute intro.

Just be sure to tune in!!!

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!
People can be wrong when posting opinions.
And it is Oh so very fun to make fun of them when they do!!!! More at 11 along with wonderful ways to make them feel like dirt when they do!

Problem is....most yahoos slamming a player, like Dobbs, do so as if their "opinion" were undisputed fact.

Rarely do you see "I think...." or ".....in my opinion." It's always "Dobbs sucks...he can't even beat out Peterman." To which I say....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Thanks to him, the Vols are exciting to watch again every time they have the ball. I have not seen that in a long time. I also think that he jacks up the defense also. :loco:

LMAO, but don't feel bad there were many on that bandwagon. If you don't like 47 pts and 500 yards a game, some nuts may still be on that train.

I wish we could do a search to see how many out there were DOWN on Dobbs and then DOWN on Butch for not being smart enough to start Dobbs.

We are a fickle bunch of "fancoaches"! & REALLY REALLY smart!

Problem is....most yahoos slamming a player, like Dobbs, do so as if their "opinion" were undisputed fact.

Rarely do you see "I think...." or ".....in my opinion." It's always "Dobbs sucks...he can't even beat out Peterman." To which I say....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Absolute statements do have a way of coming back to bite you in the butt...remember that when YOU start talking about QBs that can work in this system. Dormady reference.

I wish we could do a search to see how many out there were DOWN on Dobbs and then DOWN on Butch for not being smart enough to start Dobbs.

I would bet my last dollar it is all the same exact people, who like to look at things in hindsight.. then act like they are smarter then the coaches.

I started a thread weeks before Worley was injured and Dobbs took over, about Worley being a bad fit for this offense and it was the major reason why we were struggling the way we were. The offensive line was no help, but I felt it's weakness was being magnified by the fact that we were running the wrong scheme (read option) for a QB like Worley.

My suggestion, at the time was to either start Dobbs, who fits what Bajakian likes to do, or modify the offensive scheme to be more pro style (ie., Power I formation). Teams simply ignored the threat of Worley to run and for good reason.

I was criticized left and right for saying this. Dobbs was heads and shoulders above the rest in the O/W game, but the cynics stated it was because he went against 2nd teamers and such. Yeah....ok. :loco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back