Dobbs at the Combine

You impugning Dobbs' character again?

Its no impugning. Its being smart.

If he ran a 4.48 today I'm certain there would be talk that he could be the next Terelle Pryor. And some teams might try to move him to WR before giving him a fair shot at QB.

This has happened before to athletic QBs.

Last edited:

If he ran a 4.48 today I'm certain there would be talk that he could be the next Terell Pryor. And some teams might try to move him to WR before giving him a fair shake at WR.

Just admit you're wrong and he's not as fast as you once thought. It's perfectly alright.

If I remember right Vick ran a 4.3 so just stop.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm with d4h on a lot of things but I don't think Dobbs was sandbagging at the combine. I do think Malone might be the best receiver in this draft. He has the greatest upside. He is raw and needed another year but he is an unbelievable route runner with excellent hands, beautiful body control and a prototypical body shape. If the kid gets in the right hands he could be the next receiver superstar and you could see that in the games he played in.

I said 4.48-4.54.

He looked like he could have gone faster.

I think he was just going to put an acceptable time out there rather than an elite one.

No he didn't. He looked like he was giving all his effort, as you would expect him/a competitor to do, and his time matched what every other living soul on the planet other than you thought he is.....a guy with 4.6 speed

Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs "sandbagging it" is ridiculous, but it is worth noting that guys at the WR, DB, RB type of positions train hard to run a good 40, and QBs generally don't. While Dobbs' time maybe accurate, those other positions are often a little inflated.

Reactions: 1 person

If he ran a 4.48 today I'm certain there would be talk that he could be the next Terell Pryor. And some teams might try to move him to WR before giving him a fair shake at WR.

You dolt, if he's HALF the transcendent QB talent you claim that would never be an issue.

Reactions: 4 people
Just admit you're wrong and he's not as fast as you once thought. It's perfectly alright.

I personally thought he looked good running. The 4.65 shocked me. He looked like he could have gone faster.

This is different than Kamara who obviously just started losing speed big time once he hit 30 yards.

Dobbs looked like he could still have accelerated.

No he didn't. He looked like he was giving all his effort, as you would expect him/a competitor to do, and his time matched what every other living soul on the planet other than you thought he is.....a guy with 4.6 speed

What's sad is 4.6 for a guy his size is really good. And no one believes he isn't fast enough to make plays with his legs. Yet, D4H continues to argue.

He would rather belittle Dobbs' accomplishments than admit he's wrong about something

Reactions: 6 people
I said 4.48-4.54.

He looked like he could have gone faster.

I think he was just going to put an acceptable time out there rather than an elite one.

This is literally the dumbest thing you've ever said. You seriously believe players would "sandbag" their combine results. Dude, there are millions of dollars on the line, no player is going to run slower because he doesn't want scouts to think he's gonna be a receiver.

I know a couple good psychiatrists if you need an appointment....

Reactions: 7 people
This is literally the dumbest thing you've ever said. You seriously believe players would "sandbag" their combine results. Dude, there are millions of dollars on the line, no player is going to run slower because he doesn't want scouts to think he's gonna be a receiver.

Let's not forget how difficult it would be to intentionally run a 4.6 instead of a 4.4.

If he ran a 4.48 today I'm certain there would be talk that he could be the next Terelle Pryor. And some teams might try to move him to WR before giving him a fair shot at QB.

Only in your mind. If he had run 4.48, which he was never gonna do, they'd be talking about how fast a qb he is, who still needs to throw well, to show how accurate he is, to improve his draft stock. This talk of him being a WR is ridiculous. He's a qb, whether he runs 4.48,4.65 or 4.95.

Stop making BS excuses. You were wrong yesterday about AK, and you're, once again, wrong about Dobbs today. And here comes Malone in a little bit to complete your trifecta.

Remember when Hall of Fame QB Warren Moon had to spend years in Canada because NFL teams didn't think he could play QB?

Just because you have transcendent talent doesn't mean you'll always get a fair shot.

Were people worried about Vick running a 4.3?

You're comparing the game in the 70s to today. It's absurd.

For a QB a faster 40 makes little difference.

VN Store

Back