Do You Approve of Chaney Hire?

Do You Approve of Chaney Hire?

• Total voters
You know,
I was going to vote in this poll and vote yes as I think Chaney is much much better than what could have happened. (And honestly I assumed would happen.)

However when I saw the 4th choice I realized it wasnt a real opinion poll but just another ADs AMD HCs are the greatest and know all and must be bowed down to post.

So yes I think Chaney a damned good hire but this poll is pretty pathetic.
I misread the first option. I chose #1.

Last edited:
1st choice there COULD NOT HAVE BEEN A BETTER OR MORE REALISTIC HIRE.

That means he's your #1 lol. Yall delusional
When the other coaches you like are either hired somewhere else or already employed, "Best Realistic Hire" means best you can actually get.

The other guys were not realistic apparently.

Best REALISTIC does not mean number one choice.

He's trying to win it all? Idk, seems like a comfort hire. Chaney couldn't do it with elite talent and vs Bama. What will change here except having less talent? We need a competitive advantage, not shooting for par.
Ever shot Par before?

Reactions: BeecherVol
This was a severely tilted poll from someone who apparently doesn't like the Chaney hire. You have several Yes categories that are for people who don't like the hire. Obviously someone who sets up political polling.

lol 87% saying he was your #1 from the start? Do people really think he's the best OC out there? That's ridiculous. Literally every other fan board thinks good to average, but Pittman is the all-star.

He runs an antiquated system, but you all will remember that just like people complained when he was here the first time.

It's like only Vol fans can see his greatness. If he had left after 2011 you all would think hes trash, but that 1 good year has you all full of fuzzies as if that's his norm.
There are people, apparently you included, that find something to complain about period. It would not matter who was chosen, there would have been mostly the same group that would find something to whine about. This search was conducted in a way that the NSA would be very impressed by.

If you want some cheap entertainment, go on Tunein Radio and listen to 680 the Fan in ATL for 10 minutes and then listen to Knoxville radio. Totally different narratives about the same guy based solely on geography.

Reactions: FLVOL69
Good way to help us and hurt GA in one punch. He's also a good fit for the players on roster. Should bring back lots of points if he can get some talent on his oline. His experience in the SEC recently helps a young Pruitt too.

I approve. Lots better than I expected honestly.

Not the best, not some kind of offensive god, but very experienced and has ties here. He did pretty well the 1st time here.

I know he is pretty good, UT just payed for great. Let's see if we get our money's worth.

I approve but don’t like any of the poll options. Too many assumptions made. I think he is just what we need right now actually and we should see steady improvement and development.

Reactions: papatomany
Good hire....But I would not say great hire....But time will tell....I do think we missed out on some other coaches in the beginning for whatever reason....But yes good hire!

I like Chaney but to be honest would have been happier with Yurich. All in all that's the best I've felt about the overwhelming most of UT hires in the last 10 years or so. A win for me I guess!

Reactions: vegasvolfan
Considering some of the others we were hearing, and the names already taken off the board, I'm not sure why people are upset with the hire. It'll do and I think he's fine. We were going to rise or fall because of Pruitt either way. Time to put in the work and see what happens. We will know one way or the other this in 2019, imo.

He's trying to win it all? Idk, seems like a comfort hire. Chaney couldn't do it with elite talent and vs Bama. What will change here except having less talent? We need a competitive advantage, not shooting for par.

I don't want a coach that isn't trying to win every game..................period.

VN Store

Back