Do You Approve of Chaney Hire?

Do You Approve of Chaney Hire?

• Total voters
he wasn't my first choice, of course my first choice was unattainable, and then the others just went somewhere else...Coach Chaney is the OC now, and I just hope it works out for all our sake, so again, another change, another coach we hope works out...I do wish him all the luck in the world because it's "THE VOLS"...and we a little sun to shine on our back end...:D...we'll see...and,

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

After 40 posts in every thread telling others what they should think and what they used to think I'm sure you've almost convinced them.
Maybe a posting strike on the subject will finish them off.

Hazah! 1 more post then it shall be!

Not telling anyone what they should think anymore than you all are telling me I'm wrong. Just message board chatter, that's sort of what we do here on these things

Where is “Initially yes but I’ll be shopping for a new mattress after the Florida game”?

Haha probably the truth. I think it's a solid hire, but I'll probably be talking people off the ledge halfway through his first season. People will have to be patient. His last 3 stops his first offense went backward from the previous coach. He's not Briles or any other magician. We should let him settle on and hope for success down the road and hope for stability. Remember it took him till year 4 to get a great offense here before. Patience!

lol 87% saying he was your #1 from the start? Do people really think he's the best OC out there? That's ridiculous. Literally every other fan board thinks good to average, but Pittman is the all-star.

He runs an antiquated system, but you all will remember that just like people complained when he was here the first time.

It's like only Vol fans can see his greatness. If he had left after 2011 you all would think hes trash, but that 1 good year has you all full of fuzzies as if that's his norm.
Yeah, your really gonna change some minds with that well thought out summation. If Pittman were the all-star wouldn't he be the OC somewhere by now?

Yeah, your really gonna change some minds with that well thought out summation. If Pittman were the all-star wouldn't he be the OC somewhere by now?

Eh? Pittman is the all star at OL good sir. This is well known across cfb. Many folks are technicians and best at a specific job. Same as Chaney.

Reactions: MustafaRasta
Honestly I think he is the best hire FOR TN.

Freeze, Briles, Yurcich, and other hot names just wanted a stepping stone to HC positions. Chaney just wants to run an offense and wants to retire in the area. He is a good coach that won’t be going anywhere which is perfect for stability.

And if the offense does not improve then Pruitt will be out too.

Agree with stability. Only concern is if he wants to retire TOO soon. Some have said he wants to get paid more to get to retirement quickly. Hopefully not too quickly.

Hazah! 1 more post then it shall be!

Not telling anyone what they should think anymore than you all are telling me I'm wrong. Just message board chatter, that's sort of what we do here on these things
Didn't even say you were wrong, that's for the future.
But the board is for everyone's opinion.
I'm sure you liked a candidate but all I remember is you diminishing every suggestion, in every possibility thread and everyone else's opinion that came with them.

lol 87% saying he was your #1 from the start? Do people really think he's the best OC out there? That's ridiculous. Literally every other fan board thinks good to average, but Pittman is the all-star.

He runs an antiquated system, but you all will remember that just like people complained when he was here the first time.

It's like only Vol fans can see his greatness. If he had left after 2011 you all would think hes trash, but that 1 good year has you all full of fuzzies as if that's his norm.
Antiquated system huh, you do realize he was an early pioneer of the spread system so widely used right now in all of football right? Drew Brees set how many records under Chaney's system? Not saying he will be the game changer but to say and act like he doesn't know the game of football is downright wrong!!!

Didn't even say you were wrong, that's for the future.
But the board is for everyone's opinion.
I'm sure you liked a candidate but all I remember is you diminishing every suggestion, in every possibility thread and everyone else's opinion that came with them.

Then you only remember Sark and Chaney threads. BUT I didn't make blind arguments, I made them using data and facts. Not biased opinions, just going with the information at hand. That's what this place is here for - discussion.

But if you saw many other candidate threads, I was elated. It's not so crazy for someone to be against 50% of options. I would have been on going full pumper if we had gotten Briles or Yurcich. But that's the way the cookie crumbles.

He's all Vol now, so I'll fully support him.

Then you only remember Sark and Chaney threads. BUT I didn't make blind arguments, I made them using data and facts. Not biased opinions, just going with the information at hand. That's what this place is here for - discussion.

But if you saw many other candidate threads, I was elated. It's not so crazy for someone to be against 50% of options. I would have been on going full pumper if we had gotten Briles or Yurcich. But that's the way the cookie crumbles.

He's all Vol now, so I'll fully support him.
Cool. Just my opinion that you've gone overboard with the Chaney stuff. Guessing no one has any doubts about where you stand at this point.

Reactions: Devo182
Antiquated system huh, you do realize he was an early pioneer of the spread system so widely used right now in all of football right? Drew Brees set how many records under Chaney's system? Not saying he will be the game changer but to say and act like he doesn't know the game of football is downright wrong!!!

Woah woah buddy, when did I ever say he doesn't know the game of football? Please don't put words in my mouth. That is intellectually dishonest.

I perfectly know all that (re: Purdue) but guess what? 1) it was Tiller's system and 2) he has since abandoned parts of it. Did you know that?

By the time he got to Arky and Pitt he was noting how at Purdue they were the odd balls for running spread and now he was an odd ball for going back to pro style. Research yourself - he said this. Was what he ran at UGA innovative or modern? Go ask any fans. Heck, he ran on ~66% of 1st downs, exactly what we all griped about last year.

He's not uptempo, he's hardly spread anymore, doesn't utilize a DT qb game, he thinks RPO is "not all that", so yes, antiquated.

Look to UF to see what a more modern offense is capable of. Took a garbage OL and QB and turned it into 36 ppg this year - matching Chaney's PEAK season here...in year 1. I'm just saying, there are better offensinve systems out there to score with these days.

Reactions: MustafaRasta
Woah woah buddy, when did I ever say he doesn't know the game of football? Please don't put words in my mouth. That is intellectually dishonest.

I perfectly know all that (re: Purdue) but guess what? 1) it was Tiller's system and 2) he has since abandoned parts of it. Did you know that?

By the time he got to Arky and Pitt he was noting how at Purdue they were the odd balls for running spread and now he was an odd ball for going back to pro style. Research yourself - he said this. Was what he ran at UGA innovative or modern? Go ask any fans. Heck, he ran on ~66% of 1st downs, exactly what we all griped about last year.

He's not uptempo, he's hardly spread anymore, doesn't utilize a DT qb game, he thinks RPO is "not all that", so yes, antiquated.

Look to UF to see what a more modern offense is capable of. Took a garbage OL and QB and turned it into 36 ppg this year - matching Chaney's PEAK season here...in year 1. I'm just saying, there are better offensinve systems out there to score with these days.

I think what you both are missing, both Pruitt and Chaney scheme to the talent, you can't make players play a scheme that does not fit their skill set. So, has Chaney evolved since Purdue..........sure. Let's just say it now, CJP and
his staff are going to build a team around their capabilities and try to win 15 games...............that is every Div I football coach's goal.

Reactions: FLSTF-VOL

VN Store

Back