Do You Approve of Chaney Hire?

Do You Approve of Chaney Hire?

• Total voters
You know,
I was going to vote in this poll and vote yes as I think Chaney is much much better than what could have happened. (And honestly I assumed would happen.)

However when I saw the 4th choice I realized it wasnt a real opinion poll but just another ADs AMD HCs are the greatest and know all and must be bowed down to post.

So yes I think Chaney a damned good hire but this poll is pretty pathetic.

Homerun hire. His offenses have always been as productive a possible, using te talent at hand. He is very adept at play-calling to suit the players abilities.

I would think that we all approve of it. They wore us down over the past month by not getting it done quickly
No word from admin created speculation and rumors. By the time we got Chaney everyone was worn out and had no energy to complain
We are all just glad it is over
It is a better hire than Friend being promoted and we got a coach that wasn't fired from his last stop. So we know other programs want him

Cool. Just my opinion that you've gone overboard with the Chaney stuff. Guessing no one has any doubts about where you stand at this point.

I probably have! Reading all the UF boards have me down. They are laughing at us for going backwards in time, as they move forward, as are some media. Probably overboard, but I was just hoping we'd modernize our offense. We tried to with Briles and Yurcich...then we go with a retread? Hard to comprehend why we'd go backwards.

I think what you both are missing, both Pruitt and Chaney scheme to the talent, you can't make players play a scheme that does not fit their skill set. So, has Chaney evolved since Purdue..........sure. Let's just say it now, CJP and
his staff are going to build a team around their capabilities and try to win 15 games...............that is every Div I football coach's goal.

He's trying to win it all? Idk, seems like a comfort hire. Chaney couldn't do it with elite talent and vs Bama. What will change here except having less talent? We need a competitive advantage, not shooting for par.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Homerun hire. His offenses have always been as productive a possible, using te talent at hand. He is very adept at play-calling to suit the players abilities.

Lmfao so his #4 talent at UGA was #20 in scoring last year and #14 this year. Is that what you call "productive as possible"? Surely you have statistical proof for your declaration. Let's see it.

Does the Pope do it in the woods? Is a grizzly bear Catholic?....um......oh wait a minute.....oh well...yeah, I'm good with it.

I probably have! Reading all the UF boards have me down. They are laughing at us for going backwards in time, as they move forward, as are some media. Probably overboard, but I was just hoping we'd modernize our offense. We tried to with Briles and Yurcich...then we go with a retread? Hard to comprehend why we'd go backwards.
My only concern with the Yurcich style was adaptation with the players we have and those we recruited.

I didn't dislike Chaney the first time but what I really like this go round is the adaptation.
At one stop, he's throwing all over the yard and is "pass happy". Next stop, he's setting school rushing records. Just believe he'll figure out the best way to go with what we have. My opinion anyway.

Eh? Pittman is the all star at OL good sir. This is well known across cfb. Many folks are technicians and best at a specific job. Same as Chaney.
Are you and Mustafarasta roommates? He sure does like you. Alot.

I picked best possible because at this time with what's left out there I think he may be the best possible. I do think this is still gonna take some time to get situated but as long as the O can score more than what the D gives up I didn't really care who it was.

Honestly there would've been several more flashy hires but I can't imagine a better fit nor a safer hire. For a young coach like Pruitt this was a perfect hire. Chaney is the type of guy that you can trust and not have to micromanage.

Reactions: Devo182
I am quite a bit overweight so I am kettle or is it pot? To protect our investment Me and Chaney need to get on Adkins or something.

Chaney is a great hire by any objective measure. The staff is a great mix of SEC expert coaches and recruiters. Give them time to rebuild the entire program and all will be well.

Another comment - it seems like Dooley has moved beyond the time interval of being a constant punch line on the message board but Butch Jones is front and center. Let his crap go of disparaging former coaches who busted their butts to rebuild the program but did not succeed. Butch worked his butt off and turned a dumpster fire into 2 nine win seasons which is the high water mark post-Fulmer. However, the program did fall all the way to the bottom of the league so a solid base was obviously not built. Pruitt had to totally start over from the SEC cellar. UT has among the worst in-state recruiting bases of any of the SEC programs along with KY, Vandy and maybe Missouri. This will not change. 80% of the impact high quality offensive and defensive linemen must come from other states - this is a hard cold fact.

Vols must have maniacal recruiters/talent evaluators to compete and they have that now. I wish Butch Jones and his former coaches nothing but the best as well as Dooley's group. No, I would not have hired either man but with choices available at either time - this was not a premiere job. They did not run from a challenge and gave it all they had.

Having said that - the statute of limitations on Hamilton and POS Lane Kiffin will run through the year 2050. That is where the Vol football program took a course of impending doom - firing Fulmer and hiring a classless worthless punk to follow a Hall of Fame coach.

If Pruitt needs 6 or 7 years to build a great program so be it. Frank Beamer, Johnny Majors and others did not turn programs around immediately but once they got the base built they were serious players. Pruitt seems to me to be a program builder and now has a great staff with the ability to turn it around if given ample time.

Reactions: KINGSVOL
Is he the best OC that was available? Probably not. Is he a good fit and a safe hire? Probably.

VN Store

Back