Disney +

They've gone woke and taken the characters from heroes to comedians. Or they'll kill 'em off and replace them with some socially acceptable joke of a character. No thanks.

“Wahhhhh brown people and women are raking over my action movies”

The move to comedy started in the first GotG movie and Ant-Man. That was Phase 2.

Some of the actors have decided to exit. Instead of recasting the MCU has move toward legacy characters. Many of these stories are being pulled directly from the comics.

The vast majority of the characters are still white males so add those crocodile tears to the river created by the anti-woke cry babies.

“Wahhhhh brown people and women are raking over my action movies”

The move to comedy started in the first GotG movie and Ant-Man. That was Phase 2.

Some of the actors have decided to exit. Instead of recasting the MCU has move toward legacy characters. Many of these stories are being pulled directly from the comics.

The vast majority of the characters are still white males so add those crocodile tears to the river created by the anti-woke cry babies.
Over $400 million reasons Disney is going to find more and more characters thst resemble everyday Americans, which, after travelling more of late looks less and less WASPy than it did growing up. Not a bad thing iyam.

They've gone woke and taken the characters from heroes to comedians. Or they'll kill 'em off and replace them with some socially acceptable joke of a character. No thanks.
Hey, if you don't mind, could you please define what "woke" is? And then could you explain how the MCU has gone "woke"?

Reactions: BenGrimm
In general I think Disney is scaling back these big production shows. All these streaming services are weathering the storm as subscribers make cuts across the board.
Always thought Disney didnt have much org production. Im happy with them cutting half the bs out for more Mando.

Wasn't the new ant man supposed to be on Disney by the 3rd?

No. Current projection is April 18th.

And that is why the box office for Marvel movies is slumping after opening weekend.

I’m glad I’m getting it at home sooner but it is contributing to the “flop” narrative some outlets are trying to make about Marvel.

And that is why the box office for Marvel movies is slumping after opening weekend.

I’m glad I’m getting it at home sooner but it is contributing to the “flop” narrative some outlets are trying to make about Marvel.
Honestly, I think it’s because the newer marvel movies after the Endgame just don’t have the stories to get people excited.

Reactions: Pennheel
Honestly, I think it’s because the newer marvel movies after the Endgame just don’t have the stories to get people excited.
I think this is partly right. Endgame and the culmination of such a huge story just set the bar so high. Without even meaning to we're disappointed when all the new stuff doesn't match up, without giving it the time to build up. Stead of running the bases all the way around, people are getting let down when they don't start on 3rd base.

Reactions: joevol33

Yes and no. I think the bar was set incredibly high and some expect everything to be as good as the best of Phase 1-3. They also tend to forget there was valleys during those phases as well.

Of all the phase 4 projects there was only one I was truly disappointed in (Thor). Then there was mega highs WV, Loki, Spider-Man, and Dr Strange.

The rest was mid to pretty good (on par with those P1-3 valleys).

VN Store

Back