Disney +

I would not be a fan of that. I am a huge Disney nerd but I haven’t been a fan of how they have been managing the parks since Chapek came on. Universal has done a good job at stealing some market share and Epic Universe should only help.
Guess lots of people were unhappy with Chapek

I would not be a fan of that. I am a huge Disney nerd but I haven’t been a fan of how they have been managing the parks since Chapek came on. Universal has done a good job at stealing some market share and Epic Universe should only help.
What do you mean by that? Managing the Parks?

I say this because recently visitied DW. Lack of fun rides for older kids and adults was staggering.

Reactions: davethevol

I say this because recently visitied DW. Lack of fun rides for older kids and adults was staggering.
Yep. It’s all nostalgic stuff that hasn’t aged well. And most kids today have no connection to the Disney classics the rides are based on. Dollywood is an example of keeping its identity while updating and keeping things excited.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Yep. It’s all nostalgic stuff that hasn’t aged well. And most kids today have no connection to the Disney classics the rides are based on. Dollywood is an example of keeping its identity while updating and keeping things excited.
100%

Just there lack of investments with the parks, esp when you compare it to what Universal has been spending. But it has been hard to invest any in the parks due to Disney + sucking up all the funds. Then add in Genie+, reservation system, etc and it really paints a poor picture of leadership. They have turned the parks into just a cash cow instead of making it a magical place. Which is good for them because the parks are basically the only thing causing them to have an operating profit this past quarter.

Did you not enjoy the parks then? Did you go to any other parks other than DW? I still love going but I don’t really need action/thrill rides. The nostalgia does it for me. I am all Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan.

Just there lack of investments with the parks, esp when you compare it to what Universal has been spending. But it has been hard to invest any in the parks due to Disney + sucking up all the funds. Then add in Genie+, reservation system, etc and it really paints a poor picture of leadership. They have turned the parks into just a cash cow instead of making it a magical place. Which is good for them because the parks are basically the only thing causing them to have an operating profit this past quarter.

Did you not enjoy the parks then? Did you go to any other parks other than DW? I still love going but I don’t really need action/thrill rides. The nostalgia does it for me. I am all Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan.
i enjoyed watching my kids enjoy.

no nostalgia for me.

Just there lack of investments with the parks, esp when you compare it to what Universal has been spending.

Not saying they are spending as much as Universal (which is building a new park), but Disney has added the Star Wars section, Rise, Tron, and Guardians. They aren't exactly doing nothing. But, the whole experience of booking rides at 7am, etc is awful right now. Universal is a much easier trip and requires basically no prep work. Not the same for Disney.

Not saying they are spending as much as Universal (which is building a new park), but Disney has added the Star Wars section, Rise, Tron, and Guardians. They aren't exactly doing nothing. But, the whole experience of booking rides at 7am, etc is awful right now. Universal is a much easier trip and requires basically no prep work. Not the same for Disney.
Disney has spent a ton of money revamping Disneyland, it seems, because of the Marvel/Star Wars ownership agreements.

Universal, so it seems, is running with its stake in Fl.

We went in Jan and it was a bit much to get on the app at 7am just to book a ride for 4pm.

BUT it’s my understanding that the preexisting virtual cue was even more of a hassle because it required you to be inside the park at rope drop. That would not have been ideal hauling 3 kids in that early.

Reactions: Jackcrevol

Universal is absolutely destroying Disney ride for ride. My kids had more fun at AK than they did Magic Kingdom and were honestly bored with MK outside of the briar rabbit and space mountain rides.

guess I'm the outlier on Willow - I'll watch it because I like this stuff but I think it's a mess

I think it's ok, but it's kind of got the same problem they had with the new Star Wars movies. They're trying to tie into the older crowd with the OG characters and callbacks to the original movie but then trying with the new young adult thing and it's a very mixed bag. I do like the Boorman character, who is obviously supposed to be pretty much the new Madmartigan. It sucks Val Kilmer isn't in a place where he could reprise his role full time.

Another thing that started as a nitpick but now I actually don't like at all is the putting modern music in the series. It really doesn't work imo and is more distracting than it should be.

I think it's ok, but it's kind of got the same problem they had with the new Star Wars movies. They're trying to tie into the older crowd with the OG characters and callbacks to the original movie but then trying with the new young adult thing and it's a very mixed bag. I do like the Boorman character, who is obviously supposed to be pretty much the new Madmartigan. It sucks Val Kilmer isn't in a place where he could reprise his role full time.

Another thing that started as a nitpick but now I actually don't like at all is the putting modern music in the series. It really doesn't work imo and is more distracting than it should be.

It had a CW Network vibe to me. I watched it but it seemed like 3 or 4 styles smashed together without much rhyme or reason.

VN Store

Back