Didn't take Freeze long to start poaching players

I remember Brett and Austin predicting as much a few weeks back. They mentioned Ricky Gibson specifically, but seemed to think all of the Alabama boys were at risk.

Poaching a HS player does not have the impact that it did 4 years ago.
Smith was not an immediate impact player.
With the portal wide open and JUCO and it being a position of need this is not a problem. Easier to get over when the portal is full.

Totally agree - adjust or die. This is going to be going on ad nauseum from now on, both good and bad, and it is pointless to get bent out of shape when it happens.

He was leaning heavily toward Auburn before the coaching turmoil. Committed to Vols when things were a train wreck there. Freeze just re-recruited him. Didn't take much as he wanted to go there anyway.

Totally agree - adjust or die. This is going to be going on ad nauseum from now on, both good and bad, and it is pointless to get bent out of shape when it happens.
A chance to upgrade with a player that has experience. Plenty of what I call Targets of Opportunity

Reactions: sami
Freeze is gonna do a hell of a job at Auburn he is going to give Saban and Kirby problems. As much as I like Heupel, Freeze is a better coach.
Freeze will be watched and vetted constantly. He will not be protected by equally amoral and dirty admin on the Plains, ala Liberty. He will not last.

He was leaning heavily toward Auburn before the coaching turmoil. Committed to Vols when things were a train wreck there. Freeze just re-recruited him. Didn't take much as he wanted to go there anyway.
To add to that, what did anyone expect Freeze to do? Sit on his hands and not try to get a decent recruiting class? He may be shady, but he has a successful record at building a team and winning games.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
As long as Freeze caters to the boosters there he will be fine and protected. Its a different culture. Pearl can give him some tips on how to make it work at AU. He has done very well.

He may or may not be, but he is a lowlife.

Tend to agree. You've got some issues if you're patronizing hookers, aside from the nature of the recruiting violations. Aside from the young female students who allege improper, lecherous interactions with him.

The first two known flaws indicate some likelihood of the third.
Glad you got him, Aubie!

Reactions: EasternVol
Youre*
So YOURE blaming bad grammar on being old too?

And YOURE right. This kid going to auburn (where he's from) means Tennessee won't ever win again

Missed an apostrophe in "you're" there, champ. You should make a New Year's (See what I did with the apostrophe there? It can show possession, too!) resolution to be less of a butt to other people. EtowahVol, please ignore this person.

Freeze is a POS, classless and absolutely no integrity as person! He may be a good coach but the last person I want my kid playing for! He’s had issues everywhere he has been and no doubt Auburn will be no different. It’s only a matter of time until news breaks of his shady shenanigans at Liberty. Only Auburn would make this hire. So happy Tennessee passed on this clown.

Reactions: EasternVol
Or he always wanted to play at Auburn and with Freeze coming in that was possible vs. the dumpster fire.

No one flips that soon after a coaching change unless they get significant NIL dollars and/or they always wanted to play at a different school.
This the kid has visited Auburn a bunch but new there was a coaching change. I still don't see how someone that was at the Tennessee Alabama game could decommit from that. He must just be a Auburn fan.

Reactions: GoVols64
No we are not the first and that is what every coach is suppose to do. Go after who they want. Have you not seen the offers that Tennessee has given to committed players from other schools? Do I like it? No. But if the kid is that easy to de-commit, his heart wasn’t 100% with the original commitment. Let them go and move on.

Reactions: Buzzbait

VN Store

Back