Derrick Walker enters Transfer Portal

Last edited:
NCAA not solely to blame as Brock Hoffman has a path towards eligibility at Virginia Tech
It will be interesting to see if these two are granted eligibility if they change their type of waiver. It sure does seem like it is all about who brings in money and attention.

Yep it's all about who is the most profile and had the best lawyer

It's awful

This isn't meant to be a joke but it's real. If we want the ASU kid to be granted eligibility one of us should just go post a poor taste message about foreign players on their message board. Then he can simply state his well being was at risk there

Every year every team loses players and the next in line steps up. We all are wondering if they can and then they grow up. Happens every year at every program. Never really know until they get the chance. Cant what to see who steps up.
Agree. UT isn't the only team losing top players. Look around the SEC, several teams are losing 3 or more of their best players to graduation, transfers or going pro. Time for the bench players and new recruits to step up, GO VOLS

Agree. UT isn't the only team losing top players. Look around the SEC, several teams are losing 3 or more of their best players to graduation, transfers or going pro. Time for the bench players and new recruits to step up, GO VOLS
Shouldn’t we be hoping for this as it means you’ve got really good players and probably had some really successful seasons?

@MoB_MoVols what did war room say about Walker leaving and a potential transfer?
As for the current team, consider Derrick Walker, who entered his name into the transfer portal this week, gone. There were rumblings after the season that would be the case and this week’s events confirmed that. Walker just didn’t progress from his freshman to his sophomore year and it was communicated to him that minutes were going to be tough to come by.
-VQ

Good on coach for telling him straight up, and not trying to play games. Also, we’re not that deep if grant leaves, so.... does this confirm grant is coming back or that we are getting a high profile transfer?
VQ now hinting Plavsic’s name...sounds to me like they’re trying to close with Cone/ORN/Plavsic...question becomes does Plavsic play right away or sit a year.

Did we recruit Plavsics before?
He became available this time about a year ago, seems like iirc we had 1 spot open and I mentioned him a couple times but that the staff was focused on Burns.

Zlovaric went to ASU which also was probably writing on the wall for other schools that Plavsic was right behind him.

He became available this time about a year ago, seems like iirc we had 1 spot open and I mentioned him a couple times but that the staff was focused on Burns.

Zlovaric went to ASU which also was probably writing on the wall for other schools that Plavsic was right behind him.

Why did he become available about this time last year?

Why did he become available about this time last year?
Drazen Zlovaric is a Serbian who was a GA under Barnes for 2 years, he knows Plavsic and his family iirc...after UT he became an assistant coach at Cleveland State and Plavsic committed there shortly after moving to the states. After the year was over Zlovaric took a job at Arizona State, Plavsic requested his release and followed Zlovaric to Arizona State. After this offseason Zlovaric was not retained by Hurley and Plavsic entered the transfer portal.

Reactions: sport3500
Drazen Zlovaric is a Serbian who was a GA under Barnes for 2 years, he knows Plavsic and his family iirc...after UT he became an assistant coach at Cleveland State and Plavsic committed there shortly after moving to the states. After the year was over Zlovaric took a job at Arizona State, Plavsic requested his release and followed Zlovaric to Arizona State. After this offseason Zlovaric was not retained by Hurley and Plavsic entered the transfer portal.

I get that part of the timeline but what I am
Trying to understand is how long this kid went to high school in our state and if we had any interest in him at any point.

I get that part of the timeline but what I am
Trying to understand is how long this kid went to high school in our state and if we had any interest in him at any point.
I gotcha...I linked 2 articles that discuss his timeline pretty detailed.

He arrived to the states in August and committed to Cleveland State in September, so prior to really anyone seeing him he was already committed.

I gotcha...I linked 2 articles that discuss his timeline pretty detailed.

He arrived to the states in August and committed to Cleveland State in September, so prior to really anyone seeing him he was already committed.

Ok went back and read that. Hard to read much into that we didn't recruit him the first time around wth that timeline

Ok went back and read that. Hard to read much into that we didn't recruit him the first time around wth that timeline
Yup...and would certainly explain why he was somewhat under the radar...the ASU staff was pretty excited about him and media guys that watched practice seemed to have good things to say about him, I definitely think there’s some potential there.

Yup...and would certainly explain why he was somewhat under the radar...the ASU staff was pretty excited about him and media guys that watched practice seemed to have good things to say about him, I definitely think there’s some potential there.

I agree there is potential down the road

Have to wonder if anyone else is getting a nudge to open a spot for a grad. Plavsic will sit a year and another Frosh at the 4 spot in ORN doesn't look promising. Unless they're counting on Burns to develop into a 4/5 ala williams. kent is still a big question mark even with the reports from practice. Shouldn't be doubting the Old Man but What the Hey.

The kid needs to go to juco first if he isn't rule eligible though
I doubt if the staff likes him they wanna go that route...

1. Our strength and nutrition is 1000x better than a JUCO

2. You open the risk of him playing very well and others getting involved in his recruitment

Have to wonder if anyone else is getting a nudge to open a spot for a grad. Plavsic will sit a year and another Frosh at the 4 spot in ORN doesn't look promising. Unless they're counting on Burns to develop into a 4/5 ala williams. kent is still a big question mark even with the reports from practice. Shouldn't be doubting the Old Man but What the Hey.
The staff thinks there’s a decent chance Plavsic gets a waiver...not a given but they appear willing to take that risk.

The staff thinks there’s a decent chance Plavsic gets a waiver...not a given but they appear willing to take that risk.
Even if he does get a waiver (have they forgotten this is TN?) isn't he strictly low post. Do they see that much in Kent to trust him to fill the 4 spot? Pons is really looking like the odd man out. Can he bring enough offense to platoon the 4 with Kent? Got any idees on the 4 spot?

VN Store

Back