'20 DC FS Mordecai McDaniel (FL commit)

Yeah I read it...a day ago. “Don’t try” to make a bigger deal out of it just because he was a 3 star that you self haters put down until he decommitted and went to a school that has the coach who makes your heart atwitter. Somebody LOST their mother tonight. This is a kid who picked a different school than the one “we” root for. #Perspective Hope you find some.

Huh? Self hater? You self hating? YOU down graded him... YOU implied it wasn't that big of a deal. What does one have to do with the other?

Huh? Self hater? You self hating? YOU down graded him... YOU implied it wasn't that big of a deal. What does one have to do with the other?
With all that gibberish your confusion is understandable. Kid decommitted we got another one that wants to be part of the program. Resume fetal position Mullen worshipping fragile soul.

Yeah I read it...a day ago. “Don’t try” to make a bigger deal out of it just because he was a 3 star that you self haters put down until he decommitted and went to a school that has the coach who makes your heart atwitter. Somebody LOST their mother tonight. This is a kid who picked a different school than the one “we” root for. #Perspective Hope you find some.

Preach it brother. Facts.

Agree with it all too. Oh, and he mad. Lol.

Reactions: butchna
According to 24/7 Sports Butch Jones had # 7 class in 2014, # 4 class in 2015 then #14 in 2016 and # 17 in 2017. Pruitt's first class was # 21 and we are currently # 19 for 2020...so in truth Butch has out recruited Pruitt thus far when we compare. Yes this is "star gazing" I guess..but it is what it is. We may damper the importance of high ranking classes...but Pruitt said himself we would be "back at the top" the next year of his recruiting. He didn't win awards for recruiting for getting low ranked players into Alabama.

We can debate the two coaches differences in coaching ability and development of players etc....but as far as recruiting goes....Pruitt hasn't come close to Butch. That can change...but based on where we are now...I'm not sure how much for the 2020 class.

This is not a fair comparison. In 2014 and 2015 Butch signed 62 total players - his best years per your words. Look back at the actual quality on the 2014 class... bust after bust, that wasn't even a top 25 class in reality. Further, the average rating of the recruits of those classes were .89 and .89.

Pruitt's first class signed 23. The average rating of the recruits of that class was .90 - a class that was hamstrung by a late start. If we close like I think we will then the average rating for 2019 will be above .90 again and we will be close to if not in the top 10 overall.

Florida lost 6 of your top 10 signees. Those are 4 year players. Greenard is 1 year and gone. Get out of here with that shi*. 💩💩. Your class actually ended up number 18. Mullen and his wife are wierd as Fu** also. I just got home from a 3 hour ballet. Im Triggered. Lol. Time to drink my Bourbon🥃🥃
How many "Deez" exclamations at the Nutcracker?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lookout VFL
There was a link posted in this very thread from 24/7 that has him as a four-star.

Additionally, there is a comment later in the thread about how he went from a 3 to a 4 star after leaving.

Either way, we lost a 3/4 Star cornerback to Florida. A recruit who had multiple offers from power 5 schools. Don't try to downgrade it or perform mental gymnastics to soften the the loss.

This was a Loss ???

Dabo’s success in the first 2-3 years was directly related to the fact that Bowden didn’t have anything less than a top 15 class the 4 years before Dabo took over. And as far as your comment about not being paid to recruit... You’re telling me we brought Tee back to be passing game coordinator? No, we brought him back because of who he is and how good he recruits. 4 of our assistants were rated top 20 recruiters in the nation before they came to UT. And of those 4, none of them have even broken the top 50 since they’ve been at UT. You’re lying to yourself if you think they aren’t under performing as recruiters.
I have a hard time believing they forgot how to recruit as soon as they got to UT. The problem is we’ve had no stability here, and A lot of these recruits don’t want to end up having a coaching change during their career. If we have a solid season next year and still aren’t recruiting where we want to be, then they can be criticized

I have a hard time believing they forgot how to recruit as soon as they got to UT. The problem is we’ve had no stability here, and A lot of these recruits don’t want to end up having a coaching change during their career. If we have a solid season next year and still aren’t recruiting where we want to be, then they can be criticized
How does Miami have a top 10 class?

i look to rivals, so they do.

I prefer Rivals as well, and I agree with you. FSU is ranked in the 30s on Rivals right now, because they had two pathetic years and a coaching change. Miami hasn't fared much better, but they hired a popular, charismatic coach.

It scares me when fellow Vols come on here and make excuses for this staff. There is no way that Miami should be ranked ahead of Tennessee in recruiting right now.

I was listening to the bowl pressers for the Gator Bowl and the Indiana coach got on and talked and then Fulmer got on and talked. CJP wasn't there, because he was out "recruiting" and then we lost this kid to the Gators. CJP has lost two games in each of his first two seasons that he should have won, and it's somehow giving him a pass for expectations in terms of recruiting this year and expectations next year. This needs to be a top-ten class, and next year he needs to win every game he should, win at least one out of (Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, Alabama) and get a class inside the top ten for '21. If you don't have those expectations, then you're soul is just too beaten down by the Kiffen/Dooley/Botch hires.

This is not a fair comparison. In 2014 and 2015 Butch signed 62 total players - his best years per your words. Look back at the actual quality on the 2014 class... bust after bust, that wasn't even a top 25 class in reality. Further, the average rating of the recruits of those classes were .89 and .89.

Pruitt's first class signed 23. The average rating of the recruits of that class was .90 - a class that was hamstrung by a late start. If we close like I think we will then the average rating for 2019 will be above .90 again and we will be close to if not in the top 10 overall.

Bust after bust speaks to his coaching acumen, which we all agree is lacking. It doesn't negate the ability he had to get people in the locker room. Pruitt can't do either so far.

I prefer Rivals as well, and I agree with you. FSU is ranked in the 30s on Rivals right now, because they had two pathetic years and a coaching change. Miami hasn't fared much better, but they hired a popular, charismatic coach.

It scares me when fellow Vols come on here and make excuses for this staff. There is no way that Miami should be ranked ahead of Tennessee in recruiting right now.

I was listening to the bowl pressers for the Gator Bowl and the Indiana coach got on and talked and then Fulmer got on and talked. CJP wasn't there, because he was out "recruiting" and then we lost this kid to the Gators. CJP has lost two games in each of his first two seasons that he should have won, and it's somehow giving him a pass for expectations in terms of recruiting this year and expectations next year. This needs to be a top-ten class, and next year he needs to win every game he should, win at least one out of (Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, Alabama) and get a class inside the top ten for '21. If you don't have those expectations, then you're soul is just too beaten down by the Kiffen/Dooley/Botch hires.
Ask the average person much less a 19 year old where would you like to spend the next 3-5 years of your life? MIami or Knoxville.. if you compare the perception of programs right now UYT and Miami are about Equal. Factor in Florida has a huge amount of talent as was referenced before it only makes sense they are gonna still be able to recruit well even in down years.

Another thing I notice, I do not think most fans have any clue how recruiting class rankings actually work or are compiled. As one poster astutely pointed out you cant compare rank x from year 1 to year 2 because its about context. One class could have an average ranking of .9 and be top 20 and another year a clas with an average of .87 might be top 6. Also it's possible and quite common for a class with higher average rankings to be ahead of one lower because of the number of recruits. rankings give guidance but have to be given a deeper look. Does it address needs? Not just the position also scheme. A school could sign 3 5 star QB's but realistically only one of them really matters the other 2 will be transferred in a year or two. Dooley had some decently ranked classes that really sucked because he didn't recruit Oline like he should have. He could have swapped out 1 or 2 4 stars at other positions for a couple 3-star olinemen and we come out better as a team. I get that people want things presented to them as simple as possible but realize when you take it that way you're gonna make yourself look silly when you engage in an argument about it.

The player in question was a kid we mutually parted ways with afaik and we immediately replaced him with someone we obviously liked better. That's what reports say they may or may not be true but the way things worked out points to it being true. He decommitted and hours later we had a commitment from his replacement Looks like it was planned on our end to me. This Staff has not only done a great job so far recruiting but they are DEVELOPING players. So personally I'm not worried about star ratings on the players they bring in. Let us all look back on this Friday and late February and even better this time next year. I am sure it will be hilarious to look back on.

We’re sitting just outside the top ten right now in overall ranking and average star ranking with a LS committed. This is going to be a damn good class guys.
Yep, this this class will be the last time I ever doubt pruitts recruiting. Did not think we would end up with a class like this, and it’s not over yet.

VN Store

Back