'20 DC FS Mordecai McDaniel (FL commit)

Are you trying to be the dumbest poster on VN, or does it just come naturally ?
...but wasn't Burch Jones actually...for real....a good recruiter? Comparing his class ranks to Pruitts I think Butch had better classes. Didn't he have a top 5? Not talking about coaching ability...strictly recruiting. I think Butch got us some very high ranked classes...and Pruitt has not. Just sayin.

Are you dumb enough to see that this recruiting class has been very underwhelming so far and a big disappointment. This coaching staff was supposed to be pretty good recruiters so far that is not the case at all.
Wow just can’t help yourself , this class is far from being over. So if we get Mjoseph , Barron , Oxendine and slaughter , is it still a disappointment?

...but wasn't Burch Jones actually...for real....a good recruiter? Comparing his class ranks to Pruitts I think Butch had better classes. Didn't he have a top 5? Not talking about coaching ability...strictly recruiting. I think Butch got us some very high ranked classes...and Pruitt has not. Just sayin.
Based on number of people in class , average star ranking ( quality rather than quantity ) goes to Pruitt and co.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

According to some of the recruiting services yes, according to the product on the field no. And he didn't have any idea how to recruit the ol and dl. I don't think he did a lot of research, he just looked at how many stars they had and offered them.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Well I guess this is what Tennessee has accepted at this point just a middle of the pack SEC team certainly recruiting like it neck and neck with South Carolina and Miss. St.

Well Obviously no that is not the case because they beat those teams this year after losing to them the last couple years. But hey you keep your little agenda going, and we will see what happens. Only time will tell, until then it's nothing but opinion.

Do YOU follow Tennessee football? Because if you did you would know we pay our assistants way too much money to have anything less than a top 10 class.

And we literally just improved our class by losing McDaniel and adding Slaughter.

once again, you only read headlines. Why don’t you do some research before firing off an over dramatic post

Florida is an easier sell right now. Assuming the next couple years shows positive gains in the W column , we won't be losing recruits to many if any.

And we literally just improved our class by losing McDaniel and adding Slaughter.

once again, you only read headlines. Why don’t you do some research before firing off an over dramatic post
In what way did we “improve” our class by losing McDaniel and adding Slaughter? We should have been able to keep McDaniel AND add Slaughter. THAT would have been an improvement.

According to 24/7 Sports Butch Jones had # 7 class in 2014, # 4 class in 2015 then #14 in 2016 and # 17 in 2017. Pruitt's first class was # 21 and we are currently # 19 for 2020...so in truth Butch has out recruited Pruitt thus far when we compare. Yes this is "star gazing" I guess..but it is what it is. We may damper the importance of high ranking classes...but Pruitt said himself we would be "back at the top" the next year of his recruiting. He didn't win awards for recruiting for getting low ranked players into Alabama.

We can debate the two coaches differences in coaching ability and development of players etc....but as far as recruiting goes....Pruitt hasn't come close to Butch. That can change...but based on where we are now...I'm not sure how much for the 2020 class.

Do YOU follow Tennessee football? Because if you did you would know we pay our assistants way too much money to have anything less than a top 10 class.
Wrong. The HC and assistants are paid to win football games not to have recruiting sites rank their classes in the top 10.

Clemson's classes under Swinney are instructive here. His first class was 2009 and was outside the top 25. That class started what Clemson has now. After a losing season their Fr year, they won 10+ games in the next 3.

Dabo's second class was 27th. This class would never win less than 10 games. His third class was 10th. As Srs, this class would lead them to their first playoff. His 4th class was 20th and were Srs when Dabo won his first NC. His 5th class 15th. His 6th was 16th.... 7th was 9th... 8th was 11th... 9th was 16th... 10th was 9th... 11th was 10th... and they are currently ranked 2nd.

How much national success is represented by those classes that average ranking outside the top 10?

Dabo Swinney and his staff do not use Rivals or 247 to tell them which players have the right character and talent. They get the right kinds of players and then they develop them. So get all jacked up because sports writers who have no means of evaluating all of these kids rate one kid over another... in large measure because of who is pursuing them... if you want. Pruitt's job does not depend on us "feeling" good on NSD like we did so often with Jones. It depends on finding and developing players that can win games.

According to 24/7 Sports Butch Jones had # 7 class in 2014, # 4 class in 2015 then #14 in 2016 and # 17 in 2017. Pruitt's first class was # 21 and we are currently # 19 for 2020...so in truth Butch has out recruited Pruitt thus far when we compare. Yes this is "star gazing" I guess..but it is what it is. We may damper the importance of high ranking classes...but Pruitt said himself we would be "back at the top" the next year of his recruiting. He didn't win awards for recruiting for getting low ranked players into Alabama.

We can debate the two coaches differences in coaching ability and development of players etc....but as far as recruiting goes....Pruitt hasn't come close to Butch. That can change...but based on where we are now...I'm not sure how much for the 2020 class.
We will see when they perform on the field. A LOT of Jones' prize recruits were overrated. Not just poorly developed... but not as talented as their ranking.

In what way did we “improve” our class by losing McDaniel and adding Slaughter? We should have been able to keep McDaniel AND add Slaughter. THAT would have been an improvement.

We have a lot of safeties. Slaughter is a better recruit than McDaniel. No need to have both and lose out on another position of need.

It’s clear “Jones Don’t Know”

VN Store

Back