Darrin Kirkland Transferring

It's simply this, Darrin Kirkland can come and go as he pleases--that's the terms of his contract, right? He signed up with UT to play football and get a first class education. The reason he was signed and received a very FREE education was to make Tennessee great in football (his part). In return, UT was to give him a free (tuition, boarding, books, etc) education.

Apparently, he is graduating with his diploma. Did Tennessee receive their fair share? Did he really contribute enough to say they did? If so, fine.

Otherwise, not so sure he is a great 'lover of Tennessee;...not sure we got our end of the bargain.

But hey, maybe it wasn't entirely his decision. Either way, you pretending I'm on some drug really plays well into you and the pickle's narrative and mutual butt buddy's club.

I have no clue what you're going on about, but I'm guessing your hallucinations are first class. That kind of fubared is meant to be shared, not hoarded.

I hate that DKjr is leaving. If he is 100% healthy, he would be starting. More than likely the Will LB because had better cover skills than Bituli. But good luck to him.

This is not a development I was expecting.

Best of luck to the young man, hope it works out for him, really do.

Haha Butchna. Your azz does hold a grudge, doesn't it? C'mon...it was just a little temporary spat. No grudges on Volnation. You and I have agreed many more times than not.

I just think Weezer's being too 'compassionate' in this case. He's a good guy too.

Too compassionate? When the guy was healthy, he played, and played at a high level. What was he supposed to do while injured? All the time, he apparently kept his nose to the books and got his degree, something which still helps with our APR. I understand people want to win on the field, so do I, but if you can't get it done there, at least he got it done with the academics so he didn't hit us with a double whammy. And with all the injuries, chances are high he's lost a step and is not the player he was. Hopefully, I'm wrong and he goes somewhere and shines, but this just opens up the way for Bituli, and Ignont, and several other players to see more playing time and get coached up. DK Jr. leaving is not a "sky is falling" event.

Reactions: 2 people
Yall are the first to complain about the grad transfer from Alabama but someone who gave their all for UT when he was healthy and was a centerpiece of our flailing defense decides to do what is best for his career? Its, "see ya" "good he sucked anyway." He is a VFL!

You don't really read all the posts, do you?

Reactions: 1 person
The NCAA Bylaws (rules) allow football players who have received a bachelors degree and have remaining eligibility to transfer and play without having to sit out a year. There's also an NCAA provision that says if a player with a bachelor's degree is seeking to transfer because his current school does not offer his desired graduate degree program, then his current school cannot block him from playing for a school that does offer it. There is no NCAA rule that states a graduate can transfer and play anywhere they want without being subject to any of the transfer release restrictions they agreed to in their NLI agreement.

You know, I thought some of my fellow Vol fans on here were bad, but it really chaps your ass that Kennedy wants to transfer to Auburn or UT, where he could possibly start, rather than remain 2nd string at Bama. I don't get it. Kid wants more playing time than Bama can promise. He's lived up to his agreement, played when called upon, and got his degree. Why does it bother you so much he wants to find somewhere that he could possibly further his dreams? You're a petty little piss ant, aren't you?

Well considering how much time he spent on his back during run plays I'm with you. He was good in coverage and good at blitzing. However he was a liability in the run game. Most of his tackles were made 5 or 6 yards down field. Best of luck to him where ever he ends up.

Haha. That's the same thing I heard about Colton Jumper. Of course, everybody said if DKjr wasn't hurt that wouldn't happen. Maybe it had something to do with UTs sh!tty DL that led to both players having to make tackles wherever the he!! they could? Either way, I always thought DKjr gave his all for Tennessee, while healthy and I wish him the best.

Sorry, but this is BS! Kirkland was given the best medical attention possible, We as fans have excused his injuries, and now that he is finally healthy, He says #@%# Yall, I'm going somewhere else! He has a chance to freakin Shine in this D! I hope he explains why! Ive always thought of him as a stand up guy! To quit now, with so much opportunity in front of him, Makes no sense!

He doesn't owe anyone anything. If he doesn't want to be here, then he shouldn't be. It was fun watching him when he was healthy, best of luck to him. Next up.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL_fsm4Hupc[/youtube]

Sometimes when a guy has injury issues it's easy to forget the impact as a youngster in the program or what a combination of good players can be together. So, let's not forget what Barnett and Kirkland looked like.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0E1UdPwwXk[/youtube]

GBO!!!

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter to me why he chose to go. It could be that he saw himself not starting and is looking for a better opportunity. I agree with others that say, if Pruitt wanted him him here would not be leaving.
The kid graduated and has earned the right play wherever he wants. Good luck to them and many thanks to him for choosing Tennessee, sorry it didn’t work out. If the staff or defensive changes are driving him away, then I feel sorry for him.

What a stupid move he could’ve had a good year and went pro rather than sitting out here bad bad bad advice

Unless he needs more time to heal up. If he has some ongoing issues like inflammation, sitting out that transfer year could give him time to get his body and mind right.

Edit: Scratch that, didn't know he is a grad transfer. To which I feel is it's about his career choices after football. If he get most of his masters done while still playing on scholarship, he may choose to pass on the NFL and be well prepared for life after football. Much less stupid than declaring early, not getting drafted, not making a practice squad, and ending up managing a convenience market.

Last edited:
Yall are the first to complain about the grad transfer from Alabama but someone who gave their all for UT when he was healthy and was a centerpiece of our flailing defense decides to do what is best for his career? Its, "see ya" "good he sucked anyway." He is a VFL!

Vandy fan.

Like a lot of the top players that Jones recruited many either left or rarely played. Best of luck to him he will have to get a lot mentally tougher even if he avoids injuries in the future.

We allow transfers to any schools except:
Alabama, Georgia, Florida.

Until the SEC or NCAA makes an across the board policy that everyone must adhere to, we set the policy.
Why not make it our three biggest rivals.

The NCAA Bylaws (rules) allow football players who have received a bachelors degree and have remaining eligibility to transfer and play without having to sit out a year. There's also an NCAA provision that says if a player with a bachelor's degree is seeking to transfer because his current school does not offer his desired graduate degree program, then his current school cannot block him from playing for a school that does offer it. There is no NCAA rule that states a graduate can transfer and play anywhere they want without being subject to any of the transfer release restrictions they agreed to in their NLI agreement.

I wonder if Nick Sabah agrees with this assessment?

Until the SEC or NCAA makes an across the board policy that everyone must adhere to, we set the policy.

Or any school not on UT's schedule during the players term of remaining eligibility. In Kirkland case that's the next two seasons.

How many grad transfers have ended up showing they are elite anywhere else? I have always said that I don’t want players who don’t want to be here. Good luck to him.

If I understand CJP's position, Kirkland has no restrictions on where he can transfer to, BECAUSE he a graduate transfer. The point, there is NO NCAA rule because they don't apply to graduate transfers except at Alabama and at the whim of little Nicky.

Reactions: 2 people
I'll not blame any of these players for transferring as much of a sh--t show as this program has been the past couple of seasons. And maybe some of these players aren't viewing Pruitt as the savior either.

Hope he does well wherever he lands.

“Maybe “ you are right , “ Maybe “ he doesn’t like CJP , Maybe he was told he would have to earn his spot like everyone else in a new defense and didn’t like it ,” Maybe “he worked his butt off , got his degree and wants a change of scenery ( shrugs) who knows . He doesn’t owe anyone anything now and we don’t owe him anything . One leaves another takes his place .( kinda how it works ) none of us know what goes on behind the doors and gates it’s above our paygrade . I hope he balls out on the field and the classroom wherever he goes .

Serious question .. didnt Butch allow a kid that signed with us to go to Florida and play with his brother his last year there ? I can’t recall the details or their names ( I may be thinking of something else ) but I thought I remembered him doing something like that for the kid .

Serious question .. didnt Butch allow a kid that signed with us to go to Florida and play with his brother his last year there ? I can’t recall the details or their names ( I may be thinking of something else ) but I thought I remembered him doing something like that for the kid .

Townsend the punter

You might be thinking of Townsend the punter. Likely starter for UF this year.

VN Store

Back