Darrin Kirkland Transferring

I saw him at dinner one time last year on crutches at Ruth's Chris and he was with what only I can describe as a handler. ( Granted not sure what a handler is :) It appeared it was his mom and this guy that would not be commonly found in East Tennessee - $2000 suit, too animated, Johnny Cochran type, made my skin crawl a little -- the same way attorneys make my skin crawl a little.

No offense.

Got all that from his suit?

Reactions: 6 people
Sorry, but this is BS! Kirkland was given the best medical attention possible, We as fans have excused his injuries, and now that he is finally healthy, He says #@%# Yall, I'm going somewhere else! He has a chance to freakin Shine in this D! I hope he explains why! Ive always thought of him as a stand up guy! To quit now, with so much opportunity in front of him, Makes no sense!

Reactions: 6 people
Sorry, but this is BS! Kirkland was given the best medical attention possible, We as fans have excused his injuries, and now that he is finally healthy, He says #@%# Yall, I'm going somewhere else! He has a chance to freakin Shine in this D! I hope he explains why! Ive always thought of him as a stand up guy! To quit now, with so much opportunity in front of him, Makes no sense!

Maybe he is going to Baylor

Reactions: 2 people
This doesn't bother me as much as it probably should. When healthy he was a great but he was hardly ever healthy.

It's not that big of a blow imo

Reactions: 2 people
Well good luck to the young man, I wish it weren't happening he could've been a real leader on the seasons defense but he's entitled to do whats best for him. He was an adequate to good inside LB. His tendency for injuries was troubling but when he did play he had some talent.

Reactions: 1 person
Sad to see him leave but they had recruited over him with JUCOs and Freshman. Plus we have a ton of LBs.

Doesn't make sense for him to stay when he could end up not starting and can play immediately somewhere else.

Good luck in your endeavors! Wish you well! Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people

He doesn't fit the system and is doing what's best for his career

Well that came out of nowhere. Good luck to him. Hope he can stay on the field.

VN Store

Back