Darrin Kirkland Transferring

Not gonna lie,was hoping he would stay healthy and play lights out this year.
Anyway,good luck young man in your future endeavors.

Reactions: 1 person
Bwah...bwah,,,bwah:sad: now we're all crying. Property? Yep...signed with the U of T for a many, many thousands of dollars full ride--food, boarding, tuition, books... and lots of fun...and got to sit most of the ride on his way to graduation on the sideline.

Some of you people just sit around thinking 'how can I look more liberal and compassionate' without ever really putting a minute's thought into what is right or reasonable. Hey, he got the opportunity. He got a free ride and now he can move on. If the Bama guy decides to come to us...take him. It's a business. Just don't give me the 'my heart will always be with Tennessee' BS. If your heart's with Tennessee, you'd stay here and actually accomplish something.

On the other hand, maybe it's not entirely his own decision (??). If so, my heart goes out to the young man in a truly compassionate, liberal way.

What kind of drugs are you taking, and can I have some?

Reactions: 2 people
You all good with Brandon Kennedy leaving UA for UT to play against his former teammates tho?

Things that make you go hmmm...

I know you didn't ask me but I have no problem at all with it. If he wants to come and the coaches think he can help, bring him on..

Same goes for Kirkland. I have zero problem with him going to Bama if that's what he wants..

I guess when the words just won't come or you can't drum up something adequate to say, smh will have to do. It ought to get you a like from a fan somewhere, right? Hilarious to me how the old timers who camp on fan sites from dawn to dusk--and beyond--have created sad little clubs.

I notice most of your posts here are one liners. Got something more salient to say than someone's post is stupid?

For all of those that want to trash him, he was our best player on defense when healthy. Obviously wasn't always healthy. We can hopefully replace him, it's not like we aren't used to playing without him. Let's look to see if we go for a grad transfer LB now.

I'll not blame any of these players for transferring as much of a sh--t show as this program has been the past couple of seasons. And maybe some of these players aren't viewing Pruitt as the savior either.

Hope he does well wherever he lands.

I think he may have "acted" more injured than it really was and pruitt caught on. got used to it like others did during the butch era. gotta go elsewhere now because instead of competing and earning, previous era gave opportunities. sounds dormady'ish to me!

Quite a conspiracy. :boredom:

I guess when the words just won't come or you can't drum up something adequate to say, smh will have to do. It ought to get you a like from a fan somewhere, right? Hilarious to me how the old timers who camp on fan sites from dawn to dusk--and beyond--have created sad little clubs.

I notice most of your posts here are one liners. Got something more salient to say than someone's post is stupid?

Yes.

Uh oh, my post count went up. :scare:

Uhhhmmm. Think you missed the boat there TS. He said fine you ain’t with us leave. Completely opposite of your Kennedy pity party.
I don't think I missed the boat at all. Seems to me like he was kind thumbs down on Kirkland as disloyal, not a team first guy. Therefore it seems he should view Kennedy in the same light and shouldn't want Kennedy at UT either.

If you need to label me expressing my views as a pity party go right ahead. I don't care.

:hi:

I don't think I missed the boat at all. Seems to me like he was kind thumbs down on Kirkland as disloyal, not a team first guy. Therefore it seems he should view Kennedy in the same light and shouldn't want Kennedy at UT either.

If you need to label me expressing my views as a pity party go right ahead. I don't care.

:hi:

Prove it. You seem to respond an awful lot. :)

Reactions: 3 people
I hate it DKJr is leaving but wish him the best. I don't subscribe to the "made of glass" comments as he played an award winning season as a true freshman. He was injured the two following, not unusual on a Jones team. He's a grad transfer choosing to leave so best to him always.

Kirkland might’ve not started this year ...

I don't know. But I know if CJP is changing the scheme them DK at 230# is not the guy he's going to want at ILB I don't believe. Is Darren a guy who may still be recovering, lost a 1/2 step and facing a camp battle for a starting position on a defensive scheme that he was not recruited to? I'm guessing.

Maybe he's making a smart move for himself. I have no prob with that. Although I wanted him here. PSU is looking for an MLB iirc. That might be a fit?

I know you didn't ask me but I have no problem at all with it. If he wants to come and the coaches think he can help, bring him on..

Same goes for Kirkland. I have zero problem with him going to Bama if that's what he wants..

:toast: I have mixed views on it. On the one hand I like to see the kids succeed. Sometimes it needs to be somewhere else. What I don't want to see happen is schools tampering with other schools' players.

I'm not saying UT has tampered. But, even though schools aren't allowed to have any contact with another school's players without permission of that school, Brandon Kennedy has somehow learned that he welcome at UT. Mystery.

Last edited:
Is that a no on sharing?

It's simply this, Darrin Kirkland can come and go as he pleases--that's the terms of his contract, right? He signed up with UT to play football and get a first class education. The reason he was signed and received a very FREE education was to make Tennessee great in football (his part). In return, UT was to give him a free (tuition, boarding, books, etc) education.

Apparently, he is graduating with his diploma. Did Tennessee receive their fair share? Did he really contribute enough to say they did? If so, fine.

Otherwise, not so sure he is a great 'lover of Tennessee;...not sure we got our end of the bargain.

But hey, maybe it wasn't entirely his decision. Either way, you pretending I'm on some drug really plays well into you and the pickle's narrative and mutual butt buddy's club.

Reactions: 2 people
Did I miss the part where we decided he wasn’t talented?

No..."we" didn't decide anything....

It's just my opinion.....and I stand by it....

and I do recognize that my opinion/evaluation of him will be in the minority category....

but I'm good with that...

Yes.

Uh oh, my post count went up. :scare:

Haha Butchna. Your azz does hold a grudge, doesn't it? C'mon...it was just a little temporary spat. No grudges on Volnation. You and I have agreed many more times than not.

I just think Weezer's being too 'compassionate' in this case. He's a good guy too.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Yall are the first to complain about the grad transfer from Alabama but someone who gave their all for UT when he was healthy and was a centerpiece of our flailing defense decides to do what is best for his career? Its, "see ya" "good he sucked anyway." He is a VFL!

Haha Butchna. Your azz does hold a grudge, doesn't it? C'mon...it was just a little temporary spat. No grudges on Volnation. You and I have agreed many more times than not.

I just think Weezer's being too 'compassionate' in this case. He's a good guy too.

I accept your apology and will call off the hit. :shades:

VN Store

Back