D4H's 2018 NFL Season Preview

Out of the rest above, I'll give you credit for Breida and that's about it. There isn't a lot up there that wasn't already being seen as future stars (Mahomes was pegged to be a stud and right now, the best QB to come through in the past few years, Mixon had all the talent in the world if he can stay out of trouble, McCaffrey was a first round pick for crying out loud, Smith-Schuster was a highly rated second round pick).

I had to isolate this part because of how silly it is. The point of evaluating prospects is to identify who the stars will be. Just because most people also had those guys pegged for stardom doesn't mean I don't get credit for it as well. Many 1st rounders bust. So just because Mahomes, McCaffrey, and Mixon had a lot of hype coming into the league doesn't mean I can't claim to be right if they live up to it. Remember I didn't hype up Fournette and Cook (two other highly regarded prospects). And I've been proven right thus far to not think much of them as they've had disappointing NFL careers. My thing here isn't just that I try to find diamonds in the rough. I'm evaluating all the prospects. And if I co-sign on the highly regarded ones and then they live up to the billing then that is a correct evaluation on my part.

Now onto JuJu Smith-Schuster. He was a highly regarded college player but the NFL draft is different. There's a reason he lasted until LATE in the 2nd round. People questioned his speed and overall athleticism. He was the 6th WR taken in the draft remember. #62 overall. That's almost the 3rd round. During that draft cycle all the talk was about Mike Williams, John Ross, and Corey Davis. Nobody was talking about JuJu Smith-Schuster as an elite prospect but me. To me this is like ya'll trying to dismiss my call about Alvin Kamara simply because some of ya'll thought he would be good in the NFL. None of ya'll thought he would be as good as he's turned out to be but me. If you did, you would have had him rated higher than Fournette and Cook. Similarly, nobody thought JuJu Smith-Schuster would be as good in the NFL as I did. If more people did, then he would have been universally rated as a 1st round prospect and among the top 2 WRs in the draft like I did.

Randy Johnson
Evander Holyfield
Mike Tyson
Patrick Ewing
Charles Barkley

The list goes on and on and on.

Charles Barkley, Mike Tyson, and Holyfield are not ugly. My mother actually said Barkley was handsome. While Tyson and Holyfield simply have very masculine looks. Which is typical of elite boxers.

I'll give you Randy Johnson and Patrick Ewing. They're ugly. But hey there are outliers to every rule.

What I'm talking about is more than being attractive to the opposite sex. There's got to be a look in the eyes of determination and relentless drive. Quinn never had that. So its not just about look good. That is why I always say its a look of greatness rather than just being attractive.

Dobbs has the same look in his eyes that Tom Brady does. That's why I'm so confident in him. He's just destined to succeed.

Which is the look of greatness, so all of us uninitiated can learn to recognize the look, and find it in Dobbs.

Is it this one?
Tom-Brady-crying.png

This one?
20170907231330.0.jpg

Maybe this one?
960.jpg

Which one is the Offical Tom Brady Look of Greatness™, that has been franchised by Josh Dobbs, and placed in active use in his eye sockets?

Which is the look of greatness, so all of us uninitiated can learn to recognize the look, and find it in Dobbs.

Is it this one?
Tom-Brady-crying.png

This one?
20170907231330.0.jpg

Maybe this one?
960.jpg

Which one is the Offical Tom Brady Look of Greatness™, that has been franchised by Josh Dobbs, and placed in active use in his eye sockets?

On the field. Late in the 4th. In a gotta have it moment.

I've seen the same look of determination and focus in Dobbs eyes that I've seen in Brady many a time. Its almost spooky how similar they look.

On the field. Late in the 4th. In a gotta have it moment.

I've seen the same look of determination and focus in Dobbs eyes that I've seen in Brady many a time. Its almost spooky how similar they look.

When this look has occurred, and you've been witness to it, have you noticed a flushing in your cheeks? Maybe a slight increase in your blood pressure or your heart rate? Possibly even a slight inability breath?

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleCat
You were part of “all the talk” about Corey Davis. He was your elite prospect WR not Juju. FTR

First of all, stop trying to play my players against one another. This reminds me of last year when someone upped a thread where I said "James Conner is the best pure runner in the 2017 draft". They tried to use that against Alvin saying he wasn't really my top RB prospect. I had to remind that fool that RBs are asked to do more than just run the ball. While Alvin might not be a better pure runner than James Conner, his skills as a receiver are so incredible that they made him my #1 RB. Now obviously that person won't wanna up that thread this year because James Conner is having so much success. Now that thread makes me look even better.

So stop trying to use the fact I had one guy rated ahead of JuJu as being against JuJu. Just as me saying James Conner is a better pure runner than Alvin don't mean I'm against Alvin. I still had JuJu rated higher than anybody else. Just cause he wasn't my #1 WR don't mean I don't get credit for predicting his greatness moreso than anybody else. I said he would be a Pro Bowl WR and that's exactly what he's become.

With that said, when have I ever backed off my Corey Davis evaluation? I love JuJu but he ain't as talented as Corey Davis. Not even close. His GREATER statistical success right now is a by-product of being in a better situation. He's got Big Ben and Antonio Brown on his team. That helps a lot more than Marcus Mariota and nobody. AB takes the #1 CB off JuJu and Big Ben is 10x the QB Mariota will ever be.

When I make my evaluations, they are for the long-term. Right now JuJu is having more success but long-term Corey Davis will be the greater player.

First of all, stop trying to play my players against one another. This reminds me of last year when someone upped a thread where I said "James Conner is the best pure runner in the 2017 draft". They tried to use that against Alvin saying he wasn't really my top RB prospect. I had to remind that fool that RBs are asked to do more than just run the ball. While Alvin might not be a better pure runner than James Conner, his skills as a receiver are so incredible that they made him my #1 RB. Now obviously that person won't wanna up that thread this year because James Conner is having so much success. Now that thread makes me look even better.

So stop trying to use the fact I had one guy rated ahead of JuJu as being against JuJu. Just as me saying James Conner is a better pure runner than Alvin don't mean I'm against Alvin. I still had JuJu rated higher than anybody else. Just cause he wasn't my #1 WR don't mean I don't get credit for predicting his greatness moreso than anybody else. I said he would be a Pro Bowl WR and that's exactly what he's become.

With that said, when have I ever backed off my Corey Davis evaluation? I love JuJu but he ain't as talented as Corey Davis. Not even close. His GREATER statistical success right now is a by-product of being in a better situation. He's got Big Ben and Antonio Brown on his team. That helps a lot more than Marcus Mariota and nobody. AB takes the #1 CB off JuJu and Big Ben is 10x the QB Mariota will ever be.

When I make my evaluations, they are for the long-term. Right now JuJu is having more success but long-term Corey Davis will be the greater player.
Big Ben is done though, he's trash. Now he's the reason Juju is better than Corey Davis? Oh ok....

Big Ben is done though, he's trash. Now he's the reason Juju is better than Corey Davis? Oh ok....

It requires a Mobius strip of excuses for all of his failed predictions to be true. Roethlisberger sucks for Dobbs to be the GOAT, except when he doesn't so that he can be the reason JuJu is out-performing Corey Davis.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
It requires a Mobius strip of excuses for all of his failed predictions to be true. Roethlisberger sucks for Dobbs to be the GOAT, except when he doesn't so that he can be the reason JuJu is out-performing Corey Davis.

So you gon ignore the part about Antonio Brown taking the #1 corner off JuJu?

Put Corey Davis in JuJu's spot and he puts up those numbers as well. If not more.

At Tennessee, Corey faces the other team's best CB every game and has the opposing defense focused on him. We all know that when other teams face the Steelers they are trying to stop Antonio Brown first and foremost which lets JuJu see easier matchups.

I had to isolate this part because of how silly it is. The point of evaluating prospects is to identify who the stars will be. Just because most people also had those guys pegged for stardom doesn't mean I don't get credit for it as well. Many 1st rounders bust. So just because Mahomes, McCaffrey, and Mixon had a lot of hype coming into the league doesn't mean I can't claim to be right if they live up to it. Remember I didn't hype up Fournette and Cook (two other highly regarded prospects). And I've been proven right thus far to not think much of them as they've had disappointing NFL careers.

Actually, it means JUST that .. making picks like that are high percentage. Jimmy Johnson once said you don't build a championship off the early round picks, you build them off middle to late round value and getting it right in those rounds. In fact, great picks in mid to late rounds on the OL can make a QB or RB pick look that much better. An effective QB running an efficient passing game can help a RB do a lot more damage as well as the OL can.

Which brings me to the Fournette thing. It's funny if one of your picks at RB or QB isn't doing well, you blame it on other components of the team. The Jags have a decent line but not great WHEN EVERYONE IS HEALTHY. But that team hasn't had a healthy line in two years, especially this year. All things considering, Fournette has been really good.

Flowers to be 4th starter at LT for Jaguars

So why is it the excuses always apply when you're trying to prove a point but not when you are trashing a guy? Kind of like your "system QB" thing about Brees but the system doesn't apply to Kamara (which is obviously ludicrous because AK is benefitting greatly from that Payton system). You start trashing guys you didn't like if they get injured early but somehow Josh Allen, who looked like hot garbage before the injury, gets a pass?

In other words, the only thing silly is you still "evaluating" players with this secret methodology (how they look in their uniform).

So you gon ignore the part about Antonio Brown taking the #1 corner off JuJu?

Put Corey Davis in JuJu's spot and he puts up those numbers as well. If not more.

At Tennessee, Corey faces the other team's best CB every game and has the opposing defense focused on him. We all know that when other teams face the Steelers they are trying to stop Antonio Brown first and foremost which lets JuJu see easier matchups.
If you're going to be the best WR over the next 10 years, your words, no one else's here, you better be ready for the best CB the other team has and still put up numbers. If not, you're just a decent receiver at best.

Basically D4H has been right on about 2 guys. Conner and Kamara. 2 oit of like 100. Thats really something to gloat about.

Hold up a minute...let's hold him to his own standard. Since he still says guys like Bosa and Goff are still going to be considered "busts", then you can't give him credit for those 2 guys yet.

VN Store

Back