D4H's 2018 NFL Season Preview

Never said that about him. Only saw him being a solid starting QB that makes a couple of Pro Bowls like Matt Ryan.

The only all-time legends I saw in the 2017 draft were:

QB Josh Dobbs (Steelers)
RB Alvin Kamara (Saints)
RB James Conner (Steelers)
WR Corey Davis (Titans)
DE Myles Garrett (Browns)
LB Dylan Cole (Texans)
CB Cam Sutton (Steelers)

not impressed with the Oregon Qb and all the talk of him being 1st one picked

Agreed. This QB class pales in comparison to the last 2. There's no elite frachise guy.

My favorite is actually Trace McSorely (Penn State). He reminds me former Bears QB Jim McMahon.

Never said that about him. Only saw him being a solid starting QB that makes a couple of Pro Bowls like Matt Ryan.

The only all-time legends I saw in the 2017 draft were:

QB Josh Dobbs (Steelers)
RB Alvin Kamara (Saints)
RB James Conner (Steelers)
WR Corey Davis (Titans)
DE Myles Garrett (Browns)
LB Dylan Cole (Texans)
CB Cam Sutton (Steelers)
What?
Name 1...just 1 of the top 20 all time receivers in NCAA yards who has ever do anything in the NFL. learn from history. They all have failed as will Taywan Taylor and Davis.

What?
Name 1...just 1 of the top 20 all time receivers in NCAA yards who has ever do anything in the NFL. learn from history. They all have failed as will Taywan Taylor and Davis.

I don't look at stats. I only look at the tape. Corey Davis has an elite skill set. He can be the best WR in the NFL. The only thing holding him back right now is an AWFUL QB (Marcus Mariota).

Reactions: 508mikey
D4H already dancing back his Corey Davis prediction I see.....went from "will be the best WR in the NFL" to now we're at "can be".

Add it to the pile.

Reactions: Titan05
Mahomes is nice (as I predicted before the draft). He's actually made Reid's gimmicky system that always gets figured out by this time of the year look good. Goff, however, is a system player. Once the Rams are forced to pay him $30 mil/yr and can't surround him with a superteam, he'll fall apart. The fall is coming. Just don't act like I ain't call it when it happens.

For the record, I judge greatness by WINNING. And not regular season wins. If you notice, I never tout STATS when I'm projecting success for Dobbs in the NFL. I always talk about how he'll win 4 Super Bowls and lead his team to greatness. I don't talk about him throwing for thousands of yards or this many TDs in his career. You guys always get fooled by stats. What matters most for a QB in the NFL is what happens In January and February. And when we get to that point, it'll be Dobbs hoisting up the Lombardi Trophy.

The highlighted section of this post is just utter crap .. YES, you do tout stats when talking about Dobbs but the worst part is, it's always those pesky latter couple of preseason games where he is throwing against defenses that are made up of guys who are changing oil at Jiffy Lube at this point.

It's funny though, whenever someone you thought would suck is lighting it up, you have PLENTY of excuses "system player", "he's getting lucky", "small sample size". It's always something. What is it is is that you're wrong about it. I have said many times you are clueless when you start talking QBs. Guys are system QBs only can't make the throws that Goff makes. He is accurate, he has great zip on his throws and he knows pre-snap reads at a level well beyond his years. Again, you're just wrong .. AGAIN.

Bump.

AFC - you got the Patriots and Texans right.
NFC - you got the Eagles and Rams right and the Cowboys did make the playoffs but you were wrong about how they got in, so give you a half point.

The rest of your predictions......mostly ROFL.

Grade: F

I seem to remember offering to leave the board if TB won the NFC South, if D4H would simply admit that he doesn’t know what he’s doing if/when they finished 4th.

Reactions: Sin City Vol
So after taking in the preseason as well as the latest roster moves, here are my predictions for the upcoming NFL season.

Enjoy.

AFC East
1. New England Patriots (10-6)
2. Buffalo Bills (9-7)
3. New York Jets (7-9)
4. Miami Dolphins (4-12)

AFC North
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (13-3)
2. Cincinnati Bengals (12-4) - wildcard playoff team
3. Baltimore Ravens (7-9)
4. Cleveland Browns (6-10)

AFC South
1. Houston Texans (10-6)
2. Tennessee Titans (9-7) - wildcard playoff team
3. Jacksonville Jaguars (8-8)
4. Indianapolis Colts (4-12)

AFC West
1. Oakland Raiders (11-5)
2. Los Angeles Chargers (8-8)
3. Denver Broncos (5-11)
4. Kansas City Chiefs (3-13)

NFC East
1. Washington Redskins (11-5)
2. Dallas Cowboys (11-5) - wildcard playoff team
3. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6) - wildcard playoff team
4. New York Giants (4-12)

NFC North
1. Green Bay Packers (14-2)
2. Detroit Lions (9-7)
3. Minnesota Vikings (7-9)
4. Chicago Bears (6-10)

NFC South
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5)
2. Atlanta Falcons (7-9)
3. Carolina Panthers (6-10)
4. New Orleans Saints (6-10)

NFC West
1. Los Angeles Rams (13-3)
2. Seattle Seahawks (7-9)
3. San Francisco 49ers (5-11)
4. Arizona Cardinals (3-13)

NFL Regular Season Awards
NFL MVP: QB Aaron Rodgers (Packers)
Offensive Player of the Year: QB Deshaun Watson (Texans)
Defensive Player of the Year: DE Myles Garrett (Browns)
Offensive Rookie of the Year: RB Rashaad Penny (Seahawks)
Defensive Rookie of the Year: DE Arden Key (Raiders)
NFL Coach of the Year: Jon Gruden (Raiders)
Comeback Player of the Year: QB Deshaun Watson (Texans)

AFC Playoff Seedings
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (13-3)
2. Oakland Raiders (11-5)
3. Houston Texans (10-6)
4. New England Patriots (10-6)
5. Cincinnati Bengals (12-4)
6. Tennessee Titans (9-7)

NFC Playoff Seedings
1. Green Bay Packers (14-2)
2. Los Angeles Rams (13-3)
3. Washington Redskins (11-5)
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5)
5. Dallas Cowboys (11-5)
6. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6)

Wildcard Weekend
#3 Houston Texans def. #6 Tennessee Titans
#5 Cincinnati Bengals def. #4 New England Patriots
#6 Philadelphia Eagles def. #3 Washington Redskins
#5 Dallas Cowboys def. #4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Divisional Weekend
#1 Pittsburgh Steelers def. #5 Cincinnati Bengals
#3 Houston Texans def. #2 Oakland Raiders
#1 Green Bay Packers def. #6 Philadelphia Eagles
#2 Los Angeles Rams def. #5 Dallas Cowboys

Championship Sunday
#1 Pittsburgh Steelers def. #3 Houston Texans
#2 Los Angeles Rams def. #1 Green Bay Packers

Super Bowl 53
Pittsburgh Steelers def. Los Angeles Rams

Super Bowl MVP: QB Joshua Dobbs (Steelers)

I just wanted to bump this nugget fir some great laughs. I mean D4H claims to rarely be wrong. Yet here, this post proves his theory completely wrong. Lol. Some funny stuff right here. The individual awards are the most comical.

MVP: Rodgers? Wrong.
Off POY: Watson? Wrong.
Def POY: Garrett? Wrong.
OFF ROY: Penny? Wrong.
Def ROY: Key? Wrong.
Coach of the year: Gruden? I mean lol.
Comeback POY: Watson? Wrong.

Of course the team predictions were also laughable. Super Bowl? SB MVP? 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

I just wanted to bump this nugget fir some great laughs. I mean D4H claims to rarely be wrong. Yet here, this post proves his theory completely wrong. Lol. Some funny stuff right here. The individual awards are the most comical.

MVP: Rodgers? Wrong.
Off POY: Watson? Wrong.
Def POY: Garrett? Wrong.
OFF ROY: Penny? Wrong.
Def ROY: Key? Wrong.
Coach of the year: Gruden? I mean lol.
Comeback POY: Watson? Wrong.

Of course the team predictions were also laughable. Super Bowl? SB MVP? 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

At least he was 4 for 12 in picking the playoff teams. I mean NE was a gimme

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
200.gif

Lotta season left to go. I anticipated a slow start once they named Peterman the starter. Same way I expect the Steelers to have a slow start until Big Ben goes down and Dobbs takes over.

Once Josh Allen is the starter and the schedule lightens up, the Bills will win games. Maybe 9-7 is a little too high. 7-9 is probably more likely. But they're not gonna be an awful team like most think. I doubt they win less than 7 games.
Lol. The Bills were so impressed with their first round QB pick Josh Allen last year, that they started literally the worst QB in nfl history ahead of him. Good grief, you can’t make this stuff up.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back