Cyberpunk 2077

This is true. It's funny--people were completely fed up with the stale AC formula of old. So the developers changed it up with Origins, people (mostly) loved it, and then they were complaining about the new gameplay mechanics with the very next game of Odyssey!

Odyssey was a bit bloated and meandering to be sure, but I found it to be really engrossing for most of my 140 hours with it.

Personally, I think the series needs a reboot. They should remake the original Assassin's Creed and remove most of the RPG elements and make it all parkour/assassination focused. Then they can continue making games like Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla as spinoff titles. The problem is possibly removing the name "Assassin's Creed" which would hurt sales, but I think they could get away with it if they market it properly.

I loved how open world Odyssey was. Extremely huge and really well done. I honestly have no idea how AC was earlier than that other than I knew people loved Origins. I dunno how people thought Odyssey was bad, but I can see how the story was a little too much everywhere if that's what you were getting at. The way they tied so many historical parts into the story and world was really well done. I'm really looking forward to Valhalla.

Reactions: Aesius
True. I like Spartans too which made me consider the one before this one but just couldn't pull the trigger. Hell I'll probably get Demons Souls soon, I've got my brand new PS5 but mostly playing PS4 games and Bugsnax atm lol
I played demon souls for about 5 minutes. Just not my type of game

They released a clip showing differences between gameplay of the two generations of Xbox. I couldnt tell a whole lot of difference. But they never do a true side by side for an actual comparison.

With the new consoles I’m really in a couch gaming mood, so I’ll probably get it for PS5. Maybe in 6 months to a year PC mods will be abundant and I can catch it on a huge Steam sale. Either way, it’s gonna be a good week this week.

Reviews make it sound like the game is a buggy mess right now. Will probably wait a few months on this one. I want my first playthrough to be smooth sailing.
I have seen it compared to the Witcher 3 in this regard, as well as many others.

I have seen it compared to the Witcher 3 in this regard, as well as many others.
Yeah, disappointing but not all that surprising. I played The Witcher 3 for the first time about a year after launch, after Blood and Wine released. It was great, one of my favorite games. I think it would have been sullied a bit if I had the buggy launch experience. I'll probably wait on this one, if not quite as long. It's been around 8 years since it was announced, so a few more months won't hurt too badly.

Reactions: Aesius
Yeah, disappointing but not all that surprising. I played The Witcher 3 for the first time about a year after launch, after Blood and Wine released. It was great, one of my favorite games. I think it would have been sullied a bit if I had the buggy launch experience. I'll probably wait on this one, if not quite as long. It's been around 8 years since it was announced, so a few more months won't hurt too badly.
I will be playing Wednesday.

I am usually pretty good at managing expectations. And I dont have a real vested interest in this game being something specific.

Have been going back and forth on what story I will start with and think I have landed on Nomad first play thru. The area and life outside of Night City seems intriging to me and would like to experience that before the city. Plus I am hoping I have hotter options as far as romance options as Nomad lol

Got the game downloaded. 60gigs almost. Took less than 20 minutes. Granted that's not install or first time run, but that went fast.

Plus day one patch coming.

Reactions: UTK
Don't let reviews sway you. They're playing the patchless version.

Many of the bugs are just fun stuff like this. My daughter was playing Witcher III last night and when Roach showed up half way up a roof in White Orchard she was more delighted by this occurrence than I would have imagined.

teq3a8u7nc051.jpg

Reactions: UTK and CubsFanTN
Many of the bugs are just fun stuff like this. My daughter was playing Witcher III last night and when Roach showed up half way up a roof in White Orchard she was more delighted by this occurrence than I would have imagined.

View attachment 328827
Love it. I've played W3, Fallout 4, and Skyrim since their respective day ones and you're right, most of that stuff ends up being a funny memory. I can't even recall a game or mission breaking glitch that wasn't fixed more or less immediately.

Jealous of people already playing it. Hopefully my game arrives from Amazon right on cue tomorrow lol

Got some hours in. Right up to the first big main story mission. Definitely a bit buggy. But nothing game breaking. Mostly clipping issues.

It's a weird start. At first you suck at everything and wont know what you like. But as you put points into stuff it gets a lot better.

Even in the "prolog" portion there are some impactful choices. No idea how it will play out.

City is effing ridiculous. So beautiful. But I am running it pretty near the top on my PC. Never had a game where mundane effing views will stop me in my tracks to stare. Had some pretty interesting moments in the city just walking around.

Reactions: CubsFanTN
Would definitely recommend not playing this on anything less than the XBX or PS5. Cant imagine last gen machines handling this remotely well.
IGN posted an article this morning "Cyberpunk 2077 on Base PS4 and Xbox One Units Has Major Issues." Not sure if that excludes PS5 Pro and/or Xbox One X since I can't access IGN at work, but it sounds like you called it, at least in part.

VN Store

Back