Cyberpunk 2077

Yes. That fight and mission was what I had hoped a ton of the game would be like.

Side note: the same actor who played Sekiro was that ninja, which made me chuckle when I realized the best boss had a From Software tie in.
Yeah. I was kinda hoping the smasher fight would be a classic 4 column boss fight where you pretty much had to use the environment to survive or kill him. But instead it was pretty much a low level anygame boss fight.

I still firmly believe the marketing/admin screwed this game from being good to great. Some of the interviews have said the developers had zero input in the launch date, and the backwards compatability. That was added after pre-alpha phase, and real development got put on hold while they tried to squeeze 10 gallons of goodness into a 5 gallon bucket.

Yeah. I was kinda hoping the smasher fight would be a classic 4 column boss fight where you pretty much had to use the environment to survive or kill him. But instead it was pretty much a low level anygame boss fight.

I still firmly believe the marketing/admin screwed this game from being good to great. Some of the interviews have said the developers had zero input in the launch date, and the backwards compatability. That was added after pre-alpha phase, and real development got put on hold while they tried to squeeze 10 gallons of goodness into a 5 gallon bucket.

Hopefully they do enough in the expansion to keep it alive and the next game in the franchise realizes the vision for what this could be. I know it will be entertaining either way.

Became a God too quick so I'm abandoning shooting and slicing and starting a punch-only playthrough. So far definitely more of a proper video game challenge and nice to see the hilarious faces made by those you bring Night City justice to. Also alleviates having to worry about the hacking mini game (my V is too dumb at 3 INT) and no worrying with weapon inventories.

Still, something like a very very very hard mode is what is needed, where enemies have more capabilities from the skill tree and not necessarily just more health and damage.

I don't know if this makes me more or less optimistic for Phantom Liberty. Could be repeating the mistakes of the past, but I'm ok with them spending huge money for a free expansion . . . I guess we'll see.

I don't know if this makes me more or less optimistic for Phantom Liberty. Could be repeating the mistakes of the past, but I'm ok with them spending huge money for a free expansion . . . I guess we'll see.

Pretty sure Phantom Liberty is a paid DLC.

Reactions: Rifleman
You're right. I'd forgotten since the Witcher expansions, maybe because those seemed crazy cheap for what you got.
Yeah. I think they did say at one point their first DLC would be free, and a lot of people were assuming it would be as a good will gesture. Maybe it will be for people who have owned the game before X date? :shrug:

If its 20 bucks I probably wont get it immediately. 10 bucks yeah.

I don’t know how the anime has such high ratings. It’s pretty corny. Especially the romance between David and Lucy. Bleh. I’m just out on this game at this point. It’d take a lot to get me back

Phantom Liberty is excellent. Loved the revamp of the skill tree and increased difficulty. Writing and story top end as usual.

anybody else been following the FF:06:85 mystery?

its technically a Cyberpunk thing, but they have added references to the witcher3 including a new, and currently pointless, dungeon. Same logo shows up in both. in cyberpunk its tied to some of the weird monks, and the code FF:06:85 have shown up multiple times in game and some of the marketing even. even with the new DLC for cyberpunk nothing additional has been found as of yet.

just curious if anyone else is following this?

Reactions: Freak
anybody else been following the FF:06:85 mystery?

its technically a Cyberpunk thing, but they have added references to the witcher3 including a new, and currently pointless, dungeon. Same logo shows up in both. in cyberpunk its tied to some of the weird monks, and the code FF:06:85 have shown up multiple times in game and some of the marketing even. even with the new DLC for cyberpunk nothing additional has been found as of yet.

just curious if anyone else is following this?

Yeah, for sure. I ran into the newly added Biotechnica Farms area where there is a laptop with messages from people seemingly trying to solve the puzzle and that sent me looking online to see how far people have progressed/lost their minds.

This is a great summary:

Last edited:
Yeah, for sure. I ran into the newly added Biotechnica Farms area where there is a laptop with messages from people seemingly trying to solve the puzzle and that sent me looking online to see how far people have progressed/lost their minds.

This is a great summary:

yeah I saw that they had added a bit, but didn't really progress the mystery itself, just added the mystery to the game world itself too. its a really cool/fun easter egg no matter what. I have watch a couple youtube videos of people walking through some of it.

I kinda wonder if it was a glitch/bug/miss that they just left in there to mess with people, and it sort of took a life on its own. evolving and changing as it went. kinda like Roach spawning in random, non horse, places in the WItcher.

yeah I saw that they had added a bit, but didn't really progress the mystery itself, just added the mystery to the game world itself too. its a really cool/fun easter egg no matter what. I have watch a couple youtube videos of people walking through some of it.

I kinda wonder if it was a glitch/bug/miss that they just left in there to mess with people, and it sort of took a life on its own. evolving and changing as it went. kinda like Roach spawning in random, non horse, places in the WItcher.

I think you're right. Probably just a coding error that spawned so much speculation that CDPR was compelled to play along.

I think you're right. Probably just a coding error that spawned so much speculation that CDPR was compelled to play along.
if they are able to tie it into the game somehow, and make it flow well, I will be super impressed. But with this DLC being the only one scheduled I am not sure how they are going to feather it in.

VN Store

Back