Countdown to first pitch

I played juco ball with a guy from Anna Jonesboro , small world
Boy, does it ever seem like a small world!

When I worked as an usher for the now-defunct Southern Illinois Miners in Marion, IL, I met another guy that played for A-J named Cody Livesay who played for the Gateway Grizzlies. Because of that, I got to know his family quite well. Cody also played baseball and basketball for the Wildcats. I do PA for Eldorado, and I remembered his name because it is pronounced "Live-a-see," not quite how it looks.

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
anyone know if complete UT baseball rosters from late 60s and early 70s can be accessed online?

Reactions: vol66
We lived on Ft. Loudon Lake in Concord when I was a little kid in the early 60s. My dad was in city government and got to know members of the Smokies, who were a Detroit Tigers affiliate at the time. We were (are) a crazy crappie fishing family, and many of the Smokies hung out at our place, either to fish or to enjoy the fish-fry dinners. Some names that might ring a bell - Lolich, Stanley, Northrup, and Freehan.

I'm pumped that pro baseball is coming back to Knoxville, and last season at LNS was the best ever. Thanks for the countdown thread - GBO!!

Not worthy of it’s own thread, but if you’re missing baseball, on demand on MLB.TV is a Dominican game that is being broadcast in English. A handful of major leaguers, including Marcell Ozuna. Game was played earlier today, apparently.

We lived on Ft. Loudon Lake in Concord when I was a little kid in the early 60s. My dad was in city government and got to know members of the Smokies, who were a Detroit Tigers affiliate at the time. We were (are) a crazy crappie fishing family, and many of the Smokies hung out at our place, either to fish or to enjoy the fish-fry dinners. Some names that might ring a bell - Lolich, Stanley, Northrup, and Freehan.

I'm pumped that pro baseball is coming back to Knoxville, and last season at LNS was the best ever. Thanks for the countdown thread - GBO!!
cool story
saw those guys a lot. Some great hurlers, too---mclain, gladding, lolich. Frank Lary also wasvwith team one yeae

Reactions: therealitytheory
I like our schedule boys. Not having Arky or LSU helps. Don’t know how good Ole Miss will be. At Miss St to close it up is a tough one. Our first like 15 games are at home lol

Reactions: vol66 and ArdentVol
35 days!

35 - earned runs Hochevar allowed in 2005 on his way to a 15-3 record with a 2.25 ERA. The number of appearances by Hunley in 2021. And everyone's favorite stache...

321631_20210312_BB_UNC_Greensboro_CJ_029.jpg

VN Store

Back