Corey Walker should have helped this year, will he next year?

That system would be called playing high level D1 college basketball. Not high school anymore. You can recruit a guy who has the talent but needs to get in shape or get the body ready for that level. Happens in football all of the time.

I don’t disagree but he does seem to be recruiting more post players that lack athleticism. It seems to me a freaky athletic post that lacks skill is the project Barnes needs to target. Alexander Is the perfect example but yet he want Away from that mold since

Last edited:
I don’t disagree but he does seem to be recruiting more post players that lack athleticism. It seems to be a freaky athletic post that lacks skill is the project Barnes needs to target. Alexander Is the perfect example but yet he want Away from that mold since
I present you Handje Tamba and Felix Okpara. Step 2 is landing them.

I don’t disagree but he does seem to be recruiting more post players that lack athleticism. It seems to me a freaky athletic post that lacks skill is the project Barnes needs to target. Alexander Is the perfect example but yet he want Away from that mold since

He came in second for Banchero and Smith.

He came in second for Banchero and Smith.

Honesty I think Barnes shortcomings in recruiting have come from his plans Bs. They have rarely worked out. His main targets have been mostly solid but kent, walker, burns, uros come to mind as plan B mistakes

Honesty I think Barnes shortcomings in recruiting have come from his plans Bs. They have rarely worked out. His main targets have been mostly solid but kent, walker, burns, uros come to mind as plan B mistakes

Burns was a top 100 player.

He tried with Mutumbo too, as a backup to Banchero and Smith. Just needs to find some contributors going forward.

He tried with Mutumbo too, as a backup to Banchero and Smith. Just needs to find some contributors going forward.
I found two different Mutumbo's on 247, im guessing its the one from Chattanooga? 247 doesnt have us listed as having offered, if it is whats the story the kid isnt committed anywhere.

Also random thought, if we land Kessler and Fulk comes back, do we really need Tamba to reclass, unless Uros leaves? Even if WK and JF left after next year, you could still bring in Okpra and Tamba and have Uros and have 3 bigs.

Last edited:

Burns was a top 100 player that we got to reclassify as our plan b that year. That proved to be a mistake

I found two different Mutumbo's on 247, im guessing its the one from Chattanooga? 247 doesnt have us listed as having offered, if it is whats the story the kid isnt committed anywhere.

Also random thought, if we land Kessler and Fulk comes back, do we really need Tamba to reclass, unless Uros leaves? Even if WK and JF left after next year, you could still bring in Okpra and Tamba and have Uros and have 3 bigs.
Tamba is a project, if you think you’re going to need help from him in the 2022-2023 season then you’re better off getting him here sooner rather than later and starting to develop that.

Tamba is a project, if you think you’re going to need help from him in the 2022-2023 season then you’re better off getting him here sooner rather than later and starting to develop that.
Plus, it is possible we have 7 or 8 scholarships available for the 2021 class. If that is the case, and you believe in Tamba as a player, then like you said, you get him on campus and begin developing his skills and physique, now. Additionally, there is the risk of him taking a huge leap at the HS level and perhaps finding additional opportunities at other places. Part of Tennessee's advantage to him reclassifying is it limits their competition for him.

I guess so. Im was just looking ahead, and theres a chance we end up with 4 5's on the roster next year and 3 after that. We also could have no 4 on the roster after next season if ORN goes and BHH is a one and done. We need a transfer at the 4 that at least has 2 years left.
I doubt he ends up here, but as far as a transfer at the 4 who will be a multi year guy, id look at the Eason kid from Cincy. Hes from the West Coast and may just want to go back there, but he put up decent numbers in limited action. Also his scouting report on 247 sounds very similar to what Grant's game was.

"Power forward with okay size, long arms and explosive athleticism. Gifted athlete whose physical tools should allow him to guard both the three and four in college; has upside to be tremendous defender. Best offensively in transition due given athletic talent. In halfcourt is most comfortable from high post where he can shoot and slash. Can improve handle and perimeter jumper while adding to scoring package inside. Has high upside as a rebounder. Projects as high major starter with professional upside if his skill catches up to his athleticism"

Last edited:

Ryan Mutumbo from Atlanta area. Dad convinced him to play for his buddy, Ewing, at Georgetown.

I guess so. Im was just looking ahead, and theres a chance we end up with 4 5's on the roster next year and 3 after that. We also could have no 4 on the roster after next season if ORN goes and BHH is a one and done. We need a transfer at the 4 that at least has 2 years left.
Who are the 5’s? Plavsic and Tamba? For years we’ve heard Fulk isn’t a 5, now you’re going to count him as 1? BHH is just as much of a 3 as he is a 5...and like we’ve said Tamba will almost certainly redshirt. Plus we aren’t going with 13 scholarships this year, it could be 14-16, so it’s not going to be a normal roster makeup.

Who are the 5’s? Plavsic and Tamba? For years we’ve heard Fulk isn’t a 5, now you’re going to count him as 1? BHH is just as much of a 3 as he is a 5...and like we’ve said Tamba will almost certainly redshirt. Plus we aren’t going with 13 scholarships this year, it could be 14-16, so it’s not going to be a normal roster makeup.
Yes I put Fulk in with the 5's for next year. BHH might want to play the 3 but he will spend plenty of time at the 4. The year after I have Okpra as the 3rd 5 man. I understand rosters are going to be a little weird next year, thats why I mentioned grabbing another 4. Even if you put Fulk there at some point we are headed to 1 or 0 4's on the roster. So I think stashing one is a solid idea.

Yes I put Fulk in with the 5's for next year. BHH might want to play the 3 but he will spend plenty of time at the 4. The year after I have Okpra as the 3rd 5 man. I understand rosters are going to be a little weird next year, thats why I mentioned grabbing another 4. Even if you put Fulk there at some point we are headed to 1 or 0 4's on the roster. So I think stashing one is a solid idea.
Nkamhoua, Walker, Huntley-Hatfield, Fulk...all can play the 4 without being unconventional options for the position.

Im not expecting Walker to be here next year, but im talking about the year after anyways.
Well, Nkamhoua will still be here in 2022-23. And if you are talking that far in advance, I think it’s a fool’s errand to try and project a college basketball roster, in this day and time, 2 years ahead, and then let it affect your blood pressure. A LOT will change in roster construction from today until that time. Walker may leave, or he may get his act together. Either way, we either have him for that spot or we will replace him.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Hypothetically if it plays out that say Walker leaves, we add Chandler, Mashack, BHH, Tamba, Powell and Kessler...Anosike & Fulk return for 1 more year, Johnson & Springer to the NBA...

2021-2022:

Chandler FR/Vescovi SO
Powell FR/Bailey JR/
James SO/Mashack FR/Gaines SO
Fulky SR/BHH FR/ORN SO/Pember SO
Kessler FR/Plavsic JR/Tamba FR/Anosike SR

2022-2023: losing Chandler/BHH adding Edwards/Okpora:

Vescovi/Edwards
Powell/Bailey
James/Mashack/Gaines
ORN/Okpora/Pember
Kessler/Plavsic/Tamba

James can play the 4, he did this year, Okpora definitely can as well...I don’t see a gaping hole at that position.

Hypothetically if it plays out that say Walker leaves, we add Chandler, Mashack, BHH, Tamba, Powell and Kessler...Anosike & Fulk return for 1 more year, Johnson & Springer to the NBA...

2021-2022:

Chandler FR/Vescovi SO
Powell FR/Bailey JR/
James SO/Mashack FR/Gaines SO
Fulky SR/BHH FR/ORN SO/Pember SO
Kessler FR/Plavsic JR/Tamba FR/Anosike SR

2022-2023: losing Chandler/BHH adding Edwards/Okpora:

Vescovi/Edwards
Powell/Bailey
James/Mashack/Gaines
ORN/Okpora/Pember
Kessler/Plavsic/Tamba

James can play the 4, he did this year, Okpora definitely can as well...I don’t see a gaping hole at that position.
When I was thinking about it late last night, I had ORN and Pember both leaving this off season. If they don't have to then I agree it might not be great but it's fine

VN Store

Back