Corey Walker should have helped this year, will he next year?

According to some i know, we have reached out to quite a few transfers
We’re trying to get Justin Powell, but we have to hope Kentucky doesn’t offer him to have any shot. He’s openly said he’d go to UK if Calipari offered him.

We’re trying to get Justin Powell, but we have to hope Kentucky doesn’t offer him to have any shot. He’s openly said he’d go to UK if Calipari offered him.

The way he’s treated in-state players, I’m not sure why he’d even consider playing for Cal.

I thought he came out on Twitter and said that want true.

To be clear, Powell, himself hasn't said that. That is third-hand information (at best) coming from someone who knows someone...

Again, I think if the UK connection and interest was as legit as published, it would have already happened.

He denies that’s accurate, UK sites say that’s the case, who knows.

Rob Lewis on Volquest that has some in's with the staff hinted that Walker is not Barnes favorite player and didn't think he was a great fit with this team. Usually that is code for "he won't be here next year". Pretty obvious Barnes had some issue with him because he never even attempted to play him and I don't think he was on the bench for a few games.
Typical for Barnes when he doesn’t like a player! I believe this type of thing is also a pattern because Barnes won’t get off his ass to go on the recruiting trail to visit kids in person, in their city, and environment. He’s missing critical information to evaluate habits and personality! To say Barnes is dense, stubborn and hardheaded is an understatement!

Reactions: Bigun and Tnphil
Typical for Barnes when he doesn’t like a player! I believe this type of thing is also a pattern because Barnes won’t get off his ass to go on the recruiting trail to visit kids in person, in their city, and environment. He’s missing critical information to evaluate habits and personality! To say Barnes is dense, stubborn and hardheaded is an understatement!

Wtf are you talking about? Lol

You really need to get new material. At least some accurate material. It is just extremely foolhardy to keep running with that narrative when it has been disproven to a much greater extent than it was ever proven to be an accurate representation of Rick Barnes's attitude towards recruiting.

And I say that not knowing what the actual truth is. I don't follow Barnes on recruiting trips with my binoculars and I don't have access to his phone records or travel itineraries, but VQ already made mention that he used his allotment of days on the road for recruiting (pre-Covid), and the Des Oliver quote is commonly taken grossly out of context. There is much less concrete evidence that Barnes has a lassiez-faire approach to recruiting.

Somebody who thinks Tony Basilio is a legitimate news source. He’s been spouting that BS about Barnes the whole time he’s been here.

Love him or loathe him but Basilio was calling Pruitt gone when the “Pay site boys” were telling us about Pruitts upcoming
spring practice.

Reactions: CJBlaze and Tnphil
DJ Burns was the best player in the court the other night!

The kid looked pretty good.

Is it really fair to remove a kid of his senior yr of high school, then bust him for not being mature enough to handle college? Really, is that what a Christian man does?

Love him or loathe him but Basilio was calling Pruitt gone when the “Pay site boys” were telling us about Pruitts upcoming
spring practice.
Basilio gets an occasional jump on a story, but he also misses a bunch, too, so it's tough to wade thru the truth and the BS and differentiate between the two. He will hang his hat on the 2 or 3 things he nails (just ask him), and nary speak again of the ones he flubs. Tony is entertaining, but is often disingenuous and self-promoting. Part of that is his shtick, but it is just pretty off-putting.

Is it really fair to remove a kid of his senior yr of high school, then bust him for not being mature enough to handle college? Really, is that what a Christian man does?
You make it sound like Barnes forced him to reclassify. And being mature is one thing, but getting popped for multiple failed drug tests is a "him" problem, not a Barnes problem.

Disappointed = speculative assumptions and uninformed accusations. It’s the Volnation way.
I had put uniformed accusations earlier when I was being influenced by Pete Coors. I own that and celebrate a newly edited post. Go damn Vols. Lol.

Absolutely clueless.

You have no idea what or how it went down.

Here’s a little history for you, don’t do drugs. Is that Barnes fault too?

VN Store

Back