Contract Extension for Coach Heupel?

Dear God why does this happen EVERY TIME with first year coaches?
7n7wyq08ikdv.png

If he wins the next 3 games then I would absolutely not mind them adding a year to the contract. No reason to go crazy with money, yet.

Reactions: spyfish007
Listen, this may be a little premature to talk about, but if CJH holds serve against Vandy and South Alabama he will deserve an extension IMO.

With a 7-5 record in his first season, after surviving the huge number transfers and going through the process of implementing a new system to the program, he has proven he belongs here.

When the season is over we ought to make a statement that this is our guy, and you can get on the bus now or get flattened by it.

Can we be smart for a change? Stupidity got us in the mess we’re in.

I love what Heupel I doing. But he's not there yet. Let's see how the next year or 2 goes.

Next year, if we continue to improve. I'd be all in favor if he inks a decent class, both recruiting and portal, and shows an improved product. I'd be OK with 7-5 again, so long as the 5 are more competitive.

After all, we all know UT's history of extending coaches. Never forget, THIS guy got an extension:

Friend_Will.jpg

Next year, if we continue to improve. I'd be all in favor if he inks a decent class, both recruiting and portal, and shows an improved product. I'd be OK with 7-5 again, so long as the 5 are more competitive.

After all, we all know UT's history of extending coaches. Never forget, THIS guy got an extension:

View attachment 412099
Put a light bulb in his mouth and you have Uncle Fester....

VN Store

Back