Contract Extension for Coach Heupel?

UT Hill Man

I ♥ Big Jugs
Listen, this may be a little premature to talk about, but if CJH holds serve against Vandy and South Alabama he will deserve an extension IMO.

With a 7-5 record in his first season, after surviving the huge number transfers and going through the process of implementing a new system to the program, he has proven he belongs here.

When the season is over we ought to make a statement that this is our guy, and you can get on the bus now or get flattened by it.

He signed a 6 year 24mil contract. Prove more than blowout losses and we'll talk.

I like Heupel and am impressed with job he and staff have done but good lord we've done this with every coach we've had. One moderately successful season and were inking a huge buyout.

No. I'm satisfied with Heupel but our AD's need to quit acting like drunken sailors with contract extensions. Our pre-season projected win total on FPI was 6.6, 7-5 will be a modest overachievement, though certainly a welcome one considering the last 3 serial underperforming coaches we have had.

I’m all in on Heupel……..but why on earth would you do that during or even right after year one……..again?

I really don’t see him going anywhere else “right now” anyway…….so would there even be the “need?”……I don’t think so.

Let’s see how Tennessee finishes and see how next year goes…….then and only then should that even be considered.

They made the statement he is our guy when they inked him to a 6 year deal. No reason whatsoever to be talking extension now IMO

Beamer and Pittman got 5 year deals.

Leach got a 4 year deal.

Built in some extra security for Heupel with the extra season for the NCAA violations.

OP is right. Successful coaches have all the leverage. Best believe his agent will be jockeying for a raise, if it’s between that or losing him to another school, pay the man.

Listen, this may be a little premature to talk about...

tenor.gif

Listen, this may be a little premature to talk about, but if CJH holds serve against Vandy and South Alabama he will deserve an extension IMO.

With a 7-5 record in his first season, after surviving the huge number transfers and going through the process of implementing a new system to the program, he has proven he belongs here.

When the season is over we ought to make a statement that this is our guy, and you can get on the bus now or get flattened by it.
Lol...you should put in your application for AD.

Reactions: vettefool
I'd like to see a sliding scale we can agree to, so we don't discuss this every time time the sunshine returns:

0-3 wins - Fired for cause
4-5 wins - Just fired
6 wins (first time) - Contract continuance*
7 wins - Extended for 5 years*
8+ wins - Extended for 10 years*

Last edited:

VN Store

Back