Concerning message from gator land, we better hurry up and get in

I haven’t either so that may not be an issue. Or, maybe Stricklin knows enough to know he doesn’t want to hire him at Florida. I also wouldn’t underestimate the pull Jeremy Foley still has at UF.

Mullen turned down Foley twice for interviews. Not sure If there is bad blood there over that.

It looks like Florida is going to pull the trigger on Mac and beat us to the punch in the coaching search! Currie needs to man up and do what needs to be done so we aren’t forced to hire some scrub because the Gators got our guy.

Last edited:
We better have a big name already in the bag.

I knew this sh@t would happen with Currie dragging his feet on the dead man walking.

Mullen turned down Foley twice for interviews. Not sure If there is bad blood there over that.

I don’t recall Foley even contemplating interviewing Mullen for the UF job either when Muschamp got it, nor when Mac got it.

It's the Internet....90% of what you read is pure fiction, but it doesn't really matter. If UF is "pursuing" coach x, it's through back channels and no move to hire will be made until after the season at the earliest. So how is UT missing out? Can they not do exactly the same thing? Do you expect a sitting coach having a successful season to quit on his program and the kids dung the season? Would you really want someone who would do that? Hey, if they do it once, they'll almost certainly do it again. That scumbag Petrino is a prime example. That's baggage you carry for a career. Anyone worth having won't be available until after their teams final game. One date to watch is the early signing. Any change will certainly come before that date. Can't imagine allowing an outgoing coach being allowed to accept signings. You want the new guy to have final say on the kids being taken in the class. He may have others he's been recruiting he likes more that he'd prefer to sign. Frankly, I'd prefer his kids as well based on what I've seen from some of our highly ranked recruits.

Bottom line....no reason to panic. There is no rush. And if UF is looking to fire their coach after back to back SEC east titles, I agree with the other poster, that might come back to bite them in the rear.

Florida offense has been worse than 100 ranked last 3 years

I don’t recall Foley even contemplating interviewing Mullen for the UF job either when Muschamp got it, nor when Mac got it.

Mullen was asked to interview twice. Turned both down. 2011 was because he wasn’t gonna leave MSU 2 years into the job and in 2015, he wasn’t gonna leave with Dak coming back for senior year.

I'm sure they would not consider hiring a former pro coach who hasn't coached in 9 years and only had a 54% winning percentage (lower than Jones currently) when he did coach. They would want someone who could win championships, and that is not Gruden. Of course Hamilton would have hired him, but hopefully Currie wouldn't. Remains to be seen if Butch gets fired, and if so who is next.

That’s interesting. I thought Gruden won a championship in Tampa and then took another team to it out in Cali somewhere. Weird....

Cosign.

Tennessee fans are to blame for the pathetic state of this program. They don't hold their administration accountable and demand a winning program. They keep filling up Neyland every Saturday even when its obvious that the administration doesn't care about winning.

Until Tennessee fans stop spending money on a subpar product they'll continue to get the crap show they've been getting for the last 10 years.

The only power fans have is their wallet. Stop supporting and spending money on Tennessee football and the administration might finally get serious about hiring an elite head coach and building a winning football program.

Bro, You were calling for UT to make the CFP before and into the season this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Georgia is lucky that every team in the East is barely better than high school now. It didn't take much. Rich get richer here, so GA has a good future. Thanks a lot Butch.

...we better hurry up and get in

The situation in Florida is untenable. There is so much more going on in the back channels than wins and loses.
As the OP said; they despise McElwain down there.

If we don't move quickly, Florida will end up choosing from the cream of the crop and we'll endure another five years of run-of-the-mill redux.

The situation in Florida is untenable. There is so much more going on in the back channels than wins and loses.
As the OP said; they despise McElwain down there.

If we don't move quickly, Florida will end up choosing from the cream of the crop and we'll endure another five years of run-of-the-mill redux.

There will be some overlap of candidates but I think both will end up with good coaches. Neither program can afford to miss on this one.

Florida - Coach admits he had everything he needed to succeed and failed to get the job done. Is more concerned with Staff members than his own job

- Kicks off disrepectful and criminal behavior

- Administration - Proactively identified their coach is not meeting their standards, despite 3-1 vs. Tennessee and is committed to find their next great coach

Tennessee - Coach speaks in cliches and generalities and claims progress by dis-respecting the tremendous history of success within the football program

Plays Rashaun Gaulden, Drew Richmond and others in attempt to save his job

Tennessee Admin - Will let this clown hang on to save a few $ and end up with a 2nd tier coach

Reactions: 5 people
I would instantly respect Butch so much more if he went to the post-game presser and said "this is all on me"....even if he doesn't believe it. Take responsibility for your team

Reactions: 3 people
So what do you think? Do we lose in this? Looks like those that want this at UF are doing what is takes to make it happen before UT.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it's fair to Butch and Tennessee to make that comparison. Mac's issues stem from stubbornness and insubordination off the field more than what he's done on it. A lot of reports are surfacing about his refusal to work within the parameters of our administration and a failure to "sing from the same hymnal." Butch, on the other hand, seems to be more of a team player and a pleasure to work with in the offices. When you're a genuinely good guy, it can buy you more time versus being a snake like McElwain. Remember, we gave Muschamp another year after his 4-8 disaster in 2013 because he was well-liked by the UAA.

Butch is a good man who seems to have been dealt a bad hand. He doesn't embarrass and undermine the University of Tennessee the way Mac has UF. I don't think UT should be condemned for maybe allowing him to have another go-around with a better set of cards. Plus, he seems to genuinely be "All Vol," whereas the McElwain's apparently hate living in FL and the culture at UF (for those who aren't aware, Karen, Coach Mac's wife, has been living out in Arizona the past 6 months with their daughter who recently had a baby...she has stated many times she hates the heat and humidity of the southeast...they're both from Montana originally). So, I just think it's two different situations and Vol Nation maybe should be a little more patient with a guy like Butch who genuinely loves being at UT and wants to win there.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm not sure it's fair to Butch and Tennessee to make that comparison. Mac's issues stem from stubbornness and insubordination off the field more than what he's done on it. A lot of reports are surfacing about his refusal to work within the parameters of our administration and a failure to "sing from the same hymnal." Butch, on the other hand, seems to be more of a team player and a pleasure to work with in the offices. When you're a genuinely good guy, it can buy you more time versus being a snake like McElwain. Remember, we gave Muschamp another year after his 4-8 disaster in 2013 because he was well-liked by the UAA.

Butch is a good man who seems to have been dealt a bad hand. He doesn't embarrass and undermine the University of Tennessee the way Mac has UF. I don't think UT should be condemned for maybe allowing him to have another go-around with a better set of cards. Plus, he seems to genuinely be "All Vol," whereas the McElwain's apparently hate living in FL and the culture at UF (for those who aren't aware, Karen, Coach Mac's wife, has been living out in Arizona the past 6 months with their daughter who recently had a baby...she has stated many times she hates the heat and humidity of the southeast...they're both from Montana originally). So, I just think it's two different situations and Vol Nation maybe should be a little more patient with a guy like Butch who genuinely loves being at UT and wants to win there.

Says a Florida fan...butch sucks, loses games he shouldn’t, an doesn’t develop talent. All vol or not, he needs to go

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back