Concerning message from gator land, we better hurry up and get in

McElwain has won 2 division titles in 2 years, on track to get to a bowl game again.

Butch is going to miss a bowl game and blew the East the last 2 years.

McElwain will be gone and Butch is still hanging on.

If that doesn't illustrate the difference between these two programs, I don't know what does.

Reactions: 3 people
McElwain has won 2 division titles in 2 years, on track to get to a bowl game again.

If that doesn't illustrate the difference between these two programs, I don't know what does.

You absolutely nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

= We are ***$ed

This is perfect for FLA!! They know Mac backed into the SEC East the past two years and he slipped up and made a damming statement he can’t prove. They were looking for a reason to upgrade at no cost and he just laid it in their lap at FLA! They’re gonna be way out in front of us in the coaching sweepstakes.

I don’t like Florida at all but that’s pretty sad to hear the guy saying yes they won two division championships but not with the flair Florida fans expect

Our admin is so embarrassing!!! cause from that presser by McElwain sounds like Florida had already told him he's gone.

UF likely about to fire a guy who has won East in 1st 2 years took them to two straight SEC Champ games.

We have a guy who hasn't won in 5 years and we are over there twiddling our thumbs!

Recruiting budget? That is good to hear. We have the largest in the nation.

We should fire Butch and hire Chip before midnight!

I really think Mullen winds up at Florida. He’s not a PR liability, runs a clean program, his ties to UF are of the brightest days of the program history, and Lord Tebow would be all about the hire.

But is there 6-7.because that many will be fired by the time jones is??

IF Jones is fired... I'm still not convinced JC is ready to pull the trigger on that. Seems like he's trying to give Jones every opportunity to save his job, which I think is a huge mistake. I agree. We don't want to be late to the party and miss out on the quality coaches.

If Kelly ends up at Florida we are really screwed

We’ve seen what UF is when they have good offenses to go along with an always talented defense; Spurrier and Meyer eras.

I have little doubt that Kelly would field a good offense.

I really think Mullen winds up at Florida. He’s not a PR liability, runs a clean program, his ties to UF are of the brightest days of the program history, and Lord Tebow would be all about the hire.

I do too. He and Strickland have a solid relationship. Plus Tebow. It's the one job I think he would leave MSU for.

Yeah but we will wait til after the season, then have a month to “review” the season to see if they should fire him then when they finally do they will wait til after holiday break to start the search. That way they have given themselves every excuse possible so they can go out bargain hunting instead of hiring a winner.

And we've already seen what shopping at the dollar store gets you...

Jim Mcelwain... after two SEC East championships "We were brought here to win, and we have not done that"

Butch Jones after 5 years and no East championships... ' Best in 20 years' (couldn't remember exactly how he said it)

Mullen would be a great hire for Florida. Us too...

I do too. He and Strickland have a solid relationship. Plus Tebow. It's the one job I think he would leave MSU for.

There is history though. Former Florida AD Foley was not a fan of Mullen. Mullen was a quirky personality during his time at Florida, and still is. He was notoriously disagreeable.. Not sure if new AD Stricklin feels the same way as Foley about Mullen.

There is history though. Former Florida AD Foley was not a fan of Mullen. Mullen was a quirky personality during his time at Florida, and still is. He was notoriously disagreeable.. Not sure if new AD Stricklin feels the same way as Foley about Mullen.

Stricklin was his AD at MSU from 10 to 16. Never heard of any issues between he and Mullen.

Jesus, Florida media is Brutal!!!!

Shark humper has had them in two sec championship games in two years, is having one off season, and they are having non of it.

Thats a program that demands success and wont put up with BS talking head coach. The reporters are questions like, "When you were walking off the field with your wife, you were smiling like you were having a great time. Do you think thats a good look?"

Mac replied, "Well look at me, Ive never been about good looks." He took blame and said he knew he was brought in to WIN championships, and he hasnt done that.

He didnt talk about how they came close, or "won" two east championship, which our pitiful loser coach would have done.

The Florida fans and program demand a winning football team.

Unfortunately we don't. The kid gloves Botch is handled with by our media is representative of our loser, complacent mentality.

Florida will beat us the the punch fire Mac for cause pay no buyout and hire chip kelly frost or gruden.

We will wait be respectful, nice to Botch give him every chance to destroy our future and recruiting class, then hire scott satterfield.

Vols program, fans, AD, coach and players are just losers.

We don't demand anything. We accept what we are given and keep pouring money after nothing. It's ridiculous. The bean counters have no fear that they will stop being in the top 3 money makers of college football.

They will keep spending half of winning teams, and be at the bottom of the SEC forever.

The announcers are given us moral victory points as we trail halftime to Kentucky!

Thats where we are.

LOSERS.

Reactions: 1 person
I see nothing in OPs post that hints they will be hiring Gruden so why all the worry?

I'm sure they would not consider hiring a former pro coach who hasn't coached in 9 years and only had a 54% winning percentage (lower than Jones currently) when he did coach. They would want someone who could win championships, and that is not Gruden. Of course Hamilton would have hired him, but hopefully Currie wouldn't. Remains to be seen if Butch gets fired, and if so who is next.

Last edited:

Shark humper has had them in two sec championship games in two years, is having one off season, and they are having non of it.

Thats a program that demands success and wont put up with BS talking head coach. The reporters are questions like, "When you were walking off the field with your wife, you were smiling like you were having a great time. Do you think thats a good look?"

Mac replied, "Well look at me, Ive never been about good looks." He took blame and said he knew he was brought in to WIN championships, and he hasnt done that.

He didnt talk about how they came close, or "won" two east championship, which our pitiful loser coach would have done.

Unfortunately we don't. The kid gloves Botch is handled with by our media is representative of our loser, complacent mentality.

Florida will beat us the the punch fire Mac for cause pay no buyout and hire chip kelly frost or gruden.

We will wait be respectful, nice to Botch give him every chance to destroy our future and recruiting class, then hire scott satterfield.

We don't demand anything. We accept what we are given and keep pouring money after nothing. It's ridiculous. The bean counters have no fear that they will stop being in the top 3 money makers of college football.

They will keep spending half of winning teams, and be at the bottom of the SEC forever.

The announcers are given us moral victory points as we trail halftime to Kentucky!

Thats where we are.

LOSERS.

No one is hiring Gruden...

Why does this persist??????

Stricklin was his AD at MSU from 10 to 16. Never heard of any issues between he and Mullen.

I haven’t either so that may not be an issue. Or, maybe Stricklin knows enough to know he doesn’t want to hire him at Florida. I also wouldn’t underestimate the pull Jeremy Foley still has at UF.

Thats where we are.

LOSERS.

Cosign.

Tennessee fans are to blame for the pathetic state of this program. They don't hold their administration accountable and demand a winning program. They keep filling up Neyland every Saturday even when its obvious that the administration doesn't care about winning.

Until Tennessee fans stop spending money on a subpar product they'll continue to get the crap show they've been getting for the last 10 years.

The only power fans have is their wallet. Stop supporting and spending money on Tennessee football and the administration might finally get serious about hiring an elite head coach and building a winning football program.

VN Store

Back