Concerning message from gator land, we better hurry up and get in

According to their insiders, they believe in Scott Frost, and if they get him, it could turn that program into a powerhouse. Apparently, their athletic dept sees something in Frost perhaps!

Frost would kill it for years with Florida speed

It would be bad for business at Tennessee

Reactions: 3 people
Exactly.. The people wanted the CEO business type guy, well they got him, and have had him since Hamilton.. The results have been less than stellar.

I'll admit I thought Jones would win a lot here but I was mistaken.

It's time now to break the bank and hire a top guy but I know they won't

Frost would kill it for years with Florida speed

It would be bad for business at Tennessee
Yea, with Georgia on the rise, and Mac gone and Frost in turning them into a powerhouse, Vol fans will riot the AD dept to death, because they sit back and did nothing, being to late.

Reactions: 1 person
Highly doubt he will get canned this weekend. I also highly doubt he will get canned this year. He's a bad coach with a lot of luck.

I should have gone to Vegas a month and a half ago when I predicted these didn’t have long.

Although, even I didn’t necessarily think it would be this season

It had to be coming quicker then normal with all the off field stuff that found it's way to Floridas doorstep

No im not taking shots the gun has blown up in Tennessee face more than enough already

I should have gone to Vegas a month and a half ago when I predicted these didn’t have long.

The difference in Florida Athletics and Tennessee Athletics...Florida wins the east but with no style points and they are ready to fire the HC. Tennessee can't even compete for the east let alone score and they keep a loser even if it makes the university the laughing stock of the NCAA.

Reactions: 2 people
I'll admit I thought Jones would win a lot here but I was mistaken.

It's time now to break the bank and hire a top guy but I know they won't
No they won't.. They're getting ready to play second fiddle to a few teams because of they way they run things. If anything the fans are not the reason a big name coach or proven one for that matter won't come here, it's the Athletic Department. I don't blame them, i won't want to work for them either. I have to admit though i wouldn't mind signing one of those awesome contracts they make out.. Be set for life...

Yea, with Georgia on the rise, and Mac gone and Frost in turning them into a powerhouse, Vol fans will riot the AD dept to death, because they sit back and did nothing, being to late.

But it won't do any good. We can post all we want and scream from the smokies but at the end of the day they're gonna do what they want

So help me, if you guys get Frost and dominate the east, I'm going to throw up.

The difference in Florida Athletics and Tennessee Athletics...Florida wins the east but with no style points and they are ready to fire the HC. Tennessee can't even compete for the east let alone score and they keep a loser even if it makes the university the laughing stock of the NCAA.

Technically we were competing for the east last season until sc happened

That is because the UT admin is ran by people who don't give two ****s about sports

It's the Internet....90% of what you read is pure fiction, but it doesn't really matter. If UF is "pursuing" coach x, it's through back channels and no move to hire will be made until after the season at the earliest. So how is UT missing out? Can they not do exactly the same thing? Do you expect a sitting coach having a successful season to quit on his program and the kids dung the season? Would you really want someone who would do that? Hey, if they do it once, they'll almost certainly do it again. That scumbag Petrino is a prime example. That's baggage you carry for a career. Anyone worth having won't be available until after their teams final game. One date to watch is the early signing. Any change will certainly come before that date. Can't imagine allowing an outgoing coach being allowed to accept signings. You want the new guy to have final say on the kids being taken in the class. He may have others he's been recruiting he likes more that he'd prefer to sign. Frankly, I'd prefer his kids as well based on what I've seen from some of our highly ranked recruits.

Bottom line....no reason to panic. There is no rush. And if UF is looking to fire their coach after back to back SEC east titles, I agree with the other poster, that might come back to bite them in the rear.

Reactions: 3 people
But it won't do any good. We can post all we want and scream from the smokies but at the end of the day they're gonna do what they want
You’re right, it has turned into our new norm it seems. Hire someone that barely gives 7 or 8 wins and we are great at Tennessee. Pffftt!😡

No they won't.. They're getting ready to play second fiddle to a few teams because of they way they run things. If anything the fans are not the reason a big name coach or proven one for that matter won't come here, it's the Athletic Department. I don't blame them, i won't want to work for them either. I have to admit though i wouldn't mind signing one of those awesome contracts they make out.. Be set for life...

Yea, the mere fact that Dooley and Jones are mooching off Tennessee is painful.

We'll likely be stuck with a diamond in the rough or some OC who needs a chance

What are you basing that on? Internet ramblings from disgruntled fans? Pfffttt...Neither you nor anyone else knows what UFs AD is thinking about their coaching situation.

I do agree that as of right now there isn't much to gain by firing Butch.. I think the season is shot no matter what. This team was once again ill prepared and is just woefully bad in most areas. It's like this, i'd be pleasantly surprised if UT made a really good hire at the end of the year., and not at all surprised if they don't.. One of those years. Feels like 2005, 2008, 2012.. Pick your year, this is one of those.

Why is it that I don't want Mullen at Tennessee, but I don't want to see him at Florida?

I'd rather see Mullen at Florida than anyone else.
If they made a change.

Definitely don't want a top notch recruiter at Florida.

I do agree that as of right now there isn't much to gain by firing Butch.. I think the season is shot no matter what. This team was once again ill prepared and is just woefully bad in most areas. It's like this, i'd be pleasantly surprised if UT made a really good hire at the end of the year., and not at all surprised if they don't.. One of those years. Feels like 2005, 2008, 2012.. Pick your year, this is one of those.

Three words:

Early Signing Period

So help me, if you guys get Frost and dominate the east, I'm going to throw up.
Im telling you, 99 is probably shocked, if he did predict it, then he is a lot closer on what we think is fixing to happen. You’ll be throwing up for years to come, if they do get him?

VN Store

Back