College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

Not believing it yet, but goodness. Tanks with Maui and Skenes would be a HAUL, and we probably still wouldn't be done either. Need pitching out of the portal too

Those 3 are inarguably the top 3 transfers in the portal as of today. I don't even think it's much of a debate. If we land all 3, it would be nothing less than stunning.

Because it seems to be in the realm of possibility right now, I'd just like to throw out there again that THIS could be our lineup next year:

1. Maui Ahuna SS
2. Jared Dickey LF
3. Paul Skenes C
4. Tommy White 3B
5. Blake Burke 1B
6. Jorel Ortega 2B
7. Christian Moore DH
8. Colby Backus RF
9. Kyle Booker CF

This would just be a completely ridiculous lineup.

Imagine the reaction in Fayetteville, Gainesville, Starkville, and College Station.

And throw in the rest of the college baseball world. I think the outcry would be intense.

(One of the national media, Darren Rovell, already got into a spat with one of our beat writers, Austin Price, over NIL after Maui Ahuna committed. )

Last edited:
Because it seems to be in the realm of possibility right now, I'd just like to throw out there again that THIS could be our lineup next year:

1. Maui Ahuna SS
2. Jared Dickey LF
3. Paul Skenes C
4. Tommy White 3B
5. Blake Burke 1B
6. Jorel Ortega 2B
7. Christian Moore DH
8. Colby Backus RF
9. Kyle Booker CF

Is Ortega coming back? I can't keep up with who is draft eligible...

Reactions: chuckiepoo

1. Maui Ahuna SS
2. Jared Dickey LF
3. Paul Skenes C
4. Tommy White 3B
5. Blake Burke 1B
6. Jorel Ortega 2B
7. Christian Moore DH
8. Colby Backus RF
9. Kyle Booker CF

To go with the best pitching staff in America.

Why do you say that? I haven’t seen anyone projecting him in the top 500. Ortega is far more likely to leave and is projected higher.

I had just read prior to the season starting he was highly thought of and was likely to be a 2022 draft pick. He had a pretty solid season, so if that is the case I don't know why his stock would have dropped. If he returns, that's fine with me! One less question mark in an outfield full of them.

I had just read prior to the season starting he was highly thought of and was likely to be a 2022 draft pick. He had a pretty solid season, so if that is the case I don't know why his stock would have dropped. If he returns, that's fine with me! One less question mark in an outfield full of them.

He did play better at the end, but wasn’t even a regular starter until Dickey got hurt.

I think Ortega is gone and Lawson is 50/50. Ortega is a near lock to be drafted. But I think Stevenson returns because I don’t think he’ll be drafted. With only 20 rounds, some guys who would ordinarily go will come back. However, if he is drafted, even in the 20th round, I’d expect him to leave rather than come back with no leverage.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
He did play better at the end, but wasn’t even a regular starter until Dickey got hurt.

I think Ortega is gone and Lawson is 50/50. Ortega is a near lock to be drafted. But I think Stevenson returns because I don’t think he’ll be drafted. With only 20 rounds, some guys who would ordinarily go will come back. However, if he is drafted, even in the 20th round, I’d expect him to leave rather than come back with no leverage.

I forgot that Seth would be a Senior next year since he came from JUCO so yeah that makes me even more confident he’ll leave. He’ll get drafted in those 20 rounds.

If Ortega leaves and Lawson comes back, I guess we could shift Lawson over to 2nd if Tommy Tanks does come here.

Reactions: volz2wallz

1. Maui Ahuna SS
2. Jared Dickey LF
3. Paul Skenes C
4. Tommy White 3B
5. Blake Burke 1B
6. Jorel Ortega 2B
7. Christian Moore DH
8. Colby Backus RF
9. Kyle Booker CF

Burke and Tommy Tanks will be insane

Whe

When did the draft get cut to only 20 rounds?

Does anyone know how Tommy Tanks defense is at 3rd?

Hard to say since as a freshmen he only DH'd. But, everything I've read said he is leaving because he wants to play the field, which to me implies he doesn't think NC State is going to let him do it. That is usually a sign of someone not great in the field, but I have faith that Tony can fix it if it is a problem.

VN Store

Back