Coachery

If it's Elliott I hope he raids Clemsons coaching staff of their best. Let Dabo swing in the wind and scramble. Maybe Clemson will get back to their place, which was historically mediocre. CLEMSON, KNOW YOUR PLACE!
I hate Clemson probably as much as any Vol fan could due to a family dynamic but in fairness they are like 14th in all time wins and we are 10th, we have maybe 70 or so more wins than they do so we've averaged a little more than half a win more than they have per season historically.

I hate Clemson probably as much as any Vol fan could due to a family dynamic but in fairness they are like 14th in all time wins and we are 10th, we have maybe 70 or so more wins than they do so we've averaged a little more than half a win more than they have per season historically.
Yes, and we play in the nation's most powerful conference and the ACC has been very average over the years. They would have even fewer wins if they had not had two cheating coaches, Howard and Ford. And by the way, where do you think they learned their trade?

Well we know it ain't Chaney...

kund37ln5py4f5ltjdky

A human billboard. Like that Kansas slob. Mangione. Blubbo's

Reactions: Herman Hickman
Yes, and we play in the nation's most powerful conference and the ACC has been very average over the years. They would have even fewer wins if they had not had two cheating coaches, Howard and Ford. And by the way, where do you think they learned their trade?
Da Bear. Charley Pell was a cheater too, and then he went to Florida and got caught.PerkyDeficientBurro-small.gif

This is a serious question, not to be snarky, but please name 2 things Elliott has accomplished that Jeremy Pruitt had not accomplished as a coordinator before we hired him? I mean we were told the guy was a defensive genius and had won big at all these places and could recruit. It was a complete bust, like not even a little bit but an giant bust. So , really how is Elliott a head-and-shoulders better hire than Pruitt? How could Fulmer not have just hired this guy? Did we really need a new AD to make this hire?

Well Elliott was the Broyles Award winner given to the top assistant coach in college football. He has stayed longer than 3 years at one location. With that stay, he would be considered part of a staff that built a program. He would be hired back if we were lucky enough to get him to Knoxville unlike Pruitt at any of his stops. He has been considered for an NFL job. He has been considered for more than one job before being pursued by UT. I will not go into the integrity type stuff because that is subjective.

Without considering they are/were coordinators, please name 2 things that make Elliott equal to Pruitt?

If the team hasn't been told they are having a meeting today I can't see them making an announcement this evening.. White wanted them to believe he was working for them and I can't imagine him or the University trotting someone out with out them knowing in some form first. Maybe they have been told but if that is so he has pulled off a secret operation that hasn't been seen since D-DAY and that's saying something.
I believe White said they would announce first to the players. His policy apparently.

... and un-proven co-ordinator that got beat by TOSU and had Trevor Lawrence leading the charge.

hmmm... it would be... underwhelming.

We who would not be excited by Elliott might be proven wrong if he comes here and takes Vol Football to the promised land... but.... it would be a piss poor way to start as the highest paid AD in the SEC - saving Vol Football by hiring a rookie OC that had Trevor Lawrence running the offense and only scored (2) touchdowns in the last (3) quarters of the bowl game.

Head Football Coach of Former SEC champion and former National Champion Tennessee Volunteers! The head of a program that generates $96+million per year in revenue and has an expenditures budget of .. what.. $56million per year. Ok, anyone who has never led a program anything like this - come on down!!!!!!!! We're giving away free buyout money after you fail to manage a program of this magnitude and complexity!!!

Does that put Elliott in perspective for some of you who think it is ok?
Eliott was out for COVID. He called as many plays in that game as you and me.

Just getting out of a long meeting. My friend confirmed we have reached terms with our next coach, as he predicted. I don’t think I’ll get more until it’s released, but am trying.

Any clue if it was our top target or a coach down the list?

VN Store

Back