Coachery

Group text can cover that in a matter of seconds.
Danny White doesn't strike me as the type of fellow who would share this news with the football lads via electronics.

Could be wrong about that, just didn't get that vibe from him. He seems more the "look them in the eyes" type.

p.s. Really scratching my head about Chris Low's comments. I'd bet big money it's not Sonny Dykes. But then, why would Low say that? The most reasonable answer I can come up with is, maybe Danny White just found another leak in the AD's office, using misinformation....?

People need not react if it is Elliott. It just means that the top tier coaches thinks the program is toxic and afraid to leap.

I would rather have Fleck, Campbell, Herman, or Chadwell, but....

I really think that Elliott could pull together a staff with Tee, Graham, Steele, Garner, and Chaney. He might pull a couple of coaches from Clemson also. That would be a fantastic recruiting staff for the Southeast.

Just because our previous incompetent AD made a bad assistant hire does not mean that Elliott would be a bad hire. If this would be our outcome at least we would find out who is for the program and who is a coach worshiper on here. He is not my first choice but we could win with this.

Kind of agree here. I have been thinking about Elliot and honestly we could do a lot worse. There was an article posted awhile back detailing potential guys Elliot could put on staff if he were hired. It was a pretty good list.

I think until we get stabilized, we are gonna have a difficult time landing a big fish P5 HC. Especially one that is coaching at a program that is cooking (Campbell at ISU). I have come around. I will be ok with an Elliot hire.

Group text can cover that in a matter of seconds.

DW probably wants to make a better impression by doing it in person. Or at the very least, in person with the captains group the team elected the other day and let that group brief the rest of the team. But massive group text? Nah.

DW probably wants to make a better impression by doing it in person. Or at the very least, in person with the captains group the team elected the other day and let that group brief the rest of the team. But massive group text? Nah.
If he does it in person, the news will be all over the place before he makes the public announcement. Who knows?

unproven coordinator s should have no place here either. The state of this program demands someone with previous HC experience.
I could get on board with that view if it weren't for the fact that we may be looking down the barrel of significant NCAA sanctions. Considering that climate reality, if we end up with Elliot, it's likely the best we could do.

People need not react if it is Elliott. It just means that the top tier coaches thinks the program is toxic and afraid to leap.

I would rather have Fleck, Campbell, Herman, or Chadwell, but....

I really think that Elliott could pull together a staff with Tee, Graham, Steele, Garner, and Chaney. He might pull a couple of coaches from Clemson also. That would be a fantastic recruiting staff for the Southeast.

Just because our previous incompetent AD made a bad assistant hire does not mean that Elliott would be a bad hire. If this would be our outcome at least we would find out who is for the program and who is a coach worshiper on here. He is not my first choice but we could win with this.

Other than a coordinator title, there is nothing in common between Elliott and Pruitt.

He has confirmed we have reached a deal with our next HC about an hour or so ago. Wait like the rest of us.
What I was told in addition to what Stoerner posted was that the offer mentioned last night was made after a Zoom interview and an in-person interview which happened just prior to the offer. Only having 2 meetings is not common during coaching hires. This info came directly from an acquaintance of mine in the athletic department. I have not been given names.

Hopefully, the deal Stoerner says was made was with the same coach offered last night.

If he does it in person, the news will be all over the place before he makes the public announcement. Who knows?
"Boys, drop your phones in this bucket and come inside for a nice buffet. I've got a little announcement to make, and then you can enjoy your supper. We'll let you out in a couple of hours and you can have your phones back then."

Yeah, true. Unless he times it like this: meets with the fellas in one part of the building, and walks straight from there to the conference room where Donde joins him, makes the announcement immediately.

Wouldn't take the mystical skills of Merlin to time meetings with the lads and the press as a one-two punch.

All the players should be close by. It's pretty easy to text out a "Team Meeting in 30 minutes" message at any time.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
That wouldn't be a problem though. He may simply want to announce it to the team first. There is no way to keep in quiet after that.

Kind of agree here. I have been thinking about Elliot and honestly we could do a lot worse. There was an article posted awhile back detailing potential guys Elliot could put on staff if he were hired. It was a pretty good list.

I think until we get stabilized, we are gonna have a difficult time landing a big fish P5 HC. Especially one that is coaching at a program that is cooking (Campbell at ISU). I have come around. I will be ok with an Elliot hire.
Makes sense

I could get on board with that view if it weren't for the fact that we may be looking down the barrel of significant NCAA sanctions. Considering that climate reality, if we end up with Elliot, it's likely the best we could do.
I don't like them trying to force a guy on us when they are blatantly refusing to interview Freeze or Chadwell.

Could be or he could walk in with the new coach and the whole Team for his first intro to Big Orange Country. Time will tell but I don't think he is doing anything the way it has been done in the past.

Yeah, true. Unless he times it like this: meets with the fellas in one part of the building, and walks straight from there to the conference room where Donde joins him, makes the announcement immediately.

Wouldn't take the mystical skills of Merlin to time meetings with the lads and the press as a one-two punch.
Well, he doesn't actually have to make the formal announcement immediately. It could be a press release after he announces it to the team. The formal part could be later.

This is a serious question, not to be snarky, but please name 2 things Elliott has accomplished that Jeremy Pruitt had not accomplished as a coordinator before we hired him? I mean we were told the guy was a defensive genius and had won big at all these places and could recruit. It was a complete bust, like not even a little bit but an giant bust. So , really how is Elliott a head-and-shoulders better hire than Pruitt? How could Fulmer not have just hired this guy? Did we really need a new AD to make this hire?

VN Store

Back