Coachery

If Low is indeed a preferred medium, that screams the AD resetting expectations.
A lot of contingencies look good against Dykes

That's exactly what I'm thinking as well. I'm guessing he was told no by top target and whoever he wants is somewhere between the level of Campbell and Dykes. I'd be thrilled with Chadwell compared to Dykes.

That's exactly what I'm thinking as well. I'm guessing he was told no by top target and whoever he wants is somewhere between the level of Campbell and Dykes. I'd be thrilled with Chadwell compared to Dykes.
I’d be thrilled with chadwell period. I don’t think we land someone much better honestly with where we are

Looking more and more like a very underwhelming hire. Top targets said nope and now we are back to fall back options. Hopefully we land someone decent. That way we can get back to 7-8 wins a year.

Reactions: volfan8
If the team hasn't been told they are having a meeting today I can't see them making an announcement this evening.. White wanted them to believe he was working for them and I can't imagine him or the University trotting someone out with out them knowing in some form first. Maybe they have been told but if that is so he has pulled off a secret operation that hasn't been seen since D-DAY and that's saying something.

People need not react if it is Elliott. It just means that the top tier coaches thinks the program is toxic and afraid to leap.

I would rather have Fleck, Campbell, Herman, or Chadwell, but....

I really think that Elliott could pull together a staff with Tee, Graham, Steele, Garner, and Chaney. He might pull a couple of coaches from Clemson also. That would be a fantastic recruiting staff for the Southeast.

Just because our previous incompetent AD made a bad assistant hire does not mean that Elliott would be a bad hire. If this would be our outcome at least we would find out who is for the program and who is a coach worshiper on here. He is not my first choice but we could win with this.

People need not react if it is Elliott. It just means that the top tier coaches thinks the program is toxic and afraid to leap.

I would rather have Fleck, Campbell, Herman, or Chadwell, but....

I really think that Elliott could pull together a staff with Tee, Graham, Steele, Garner, and Chaney. He might pull a couple of coaches from Clemson also. That would be a fantastic recruiting staff for the Southeast.

Just because our previous incompetent AD made a bad assistant hire does not mean that Elliott would be a bad hire. If this would be our outcome at least we would find out who is for the program and who is a coach worshiper on here. He is not my first choice but we could win with this.
This is a reasonable take, and accordingly has no place here.

If the team hasn't been told they are having a meeting today I can't see them making an announcement this evening.. White wanted them to believe he was working for them and I can't imagine him or the University trotting someone out with out them knowing in some form first. Maybe they have been told but if that is so he has pulled off a secret operation that hasn't been seen since D-DAY and that's saying something.
Group text can cover that in a matter of seconds.

Also, I think Dykes shares attorney representation with Dabo (Elliott?), Neal Brown, Tom Allen...

Someone besides Dykes is wanting his name linked- Low is well connected enough to not just buy the normal self-promotion ********. What favors are we earning by boosting Dykes brand? Or at the very least, who is Low trusting that benefits from that?

VN Store

Back