Coachery

Until he wins.
You'd lose a chuck of the fanbase before that, who wouldn't return. It would be like mini Schiano. Also, if he has more allegations come out here, it'll get ugly, fast. Besides, I can't think of a coach with a more punchable face than James Franklin.

Then you would say the same for freeze and kiffin I guess

The point I am making is that PSU as an institution indicated that what Franklin did, did not do or lied about was not significant to keep him form being hired or retained. That had a very different past than any other institution. Kiffin and Freeze both have had NCAA issues. So that is different from Tennessee's perspective, given that is the reason Pruitt was fired. So comparing apples to oranges really.

Both Plowman and White said they wanted a man with integrity and no past baggage because of the looming investigation

NCAA investigation is not an issue for Franklin. His baggage has been cleaned, and dealt with. This not an NCAA issue like Freeze or Kiffin, nor is an Art Briles type of situation. I didn't like him at Vanderbilt but it was because he could coach and he was intense. The dude actually said he didn't hire coaches with ugly wives because they aren't winners. I don't care who you are that is funny and true. High achiever and my book and he would rub all of our rivals the wrong way. He is very much like Kiffin in that regard and with more success.

I think the best thing to realize is that they are working on something for a coach announcement, sooner rather than later.

I believe CBJ had his UT media/introductory profile started before he signed. In fact, now that I think about it, I believe they did a couple different coaches, in anticipation of the hire.

Reactions: bpvol
I always thought a janitor we be a good inside man. Can go through people’s trash, overhear conversations in the bathroom, etc.
the-breakfast-club-monologue-carl.jpg

You'd lose a chuck of the fanbase before that, who wouldn't return. It would be like mini Schiano. Also, if he has more allegations come out here, it'll get ugly, fast. Besides, I can't think of a coach with a more punchable face than James Franklin.
No pre madonna worth her assault would risk losing a chuck of the fan base if she could help it.

There are gonna be a lot of people loathe anyone we hire to be honest. We just need to get our program back and win

And I’m not for him btw...but I would accept him if that’s the best we can do
Again, not like Franklin. People may not like the hire and leave because the AD isn't committed to winning, if we hire a coordinator. But, they'd come back if we started winning. With Franklin people will leave because they just can't stomach him and they won't come back until he's gone, if at all. It's on a different level with him.

Reactions: SmokinBob
I think the best thing to realize is that they are working on something for a coach announcement, sooner rather than later.

I believe CBJ had his UT media/introductory profile started before he signed. In fact, now that I think about it, I believe they did a couple different coaches, in anticipation of the hire.
Well seeing how 2017 went, I just imagine every hour they were doing a different promo and finally the boss was like "eff it. You call us when he's on the plane and we'll just do a freaking powerpoint!!"

No pre madonna worth her assault would risk losing a chuck of the fan base if she could help it.
If you'll allow me to play doubles advocate for a minute, pre-madonnas are not a diamond dozen. So we don't need to be taking them for granite when they speak up. A lot of folks think we can just rest on our laurens but that's not the case.

If it is Elliot, and he's being paid more that $5 million/year max, then White isn't worth what we are paying him.

I’m with you on this; however from everything I’ve heard, White is “best” at raising money.

“If” he can continue and progress at “making money”........that could certainly help things....... and negate a bit of “overpayment”

Again though......I’m with you. “If” your going to reach.......and overpay (which Tennessee is probably going to have to overpay regardless).......you can’t overpay “stupid” money.

If you'll allow me to play doubles advocate for a minute, pre-madonnas are not a diamond dozen. So we don't need to be taking them for granite when they speak up. A lot of folks think we can just rest on our laurens but that's not the case.
Sadly, I knew a guy who could butcher the English language like this. On the anniversary of Elvis' death, he talked about all the people down at Graceland holding a candlelight virgil.

VN Store

Back