Coachery

Of the names thrown out there Campbell is really the only one you would have to offer that much money to. Coordinators wouldn’t demand that much I wouldn’t think, not from this AD.

But here is a thought, for arguments sake let’s say Napier is the whiz kid he’s being portrayed as. He’s very methodical about his craft and has a vision of what he wants a program to be. Could he be the guy they open he vault for?
I don’t believe Napier gets that money. Only person I believe other than Campbell would be Fickel IMO.

See, $8M/year for 5 years doesn't even sound Campbell level to me. Campbell would come to Tennessee for, say, $5M/year. At most $6M/year.

No, $8M/year is a Bob Stoops level number.

To me, at least, that's how it seems.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. Enough $$$ to get a body at rest into a body in motion. Stoops til it ain't! Or Peterson!

The NCAA hovering over our campus does up the ante, for sure. But Matt Campbell is only making $3.5M/year right now. A $1.5M/year raise, or at most $2.5M/year raise, that's going to be enough to get the man walking over hot coals while kissing Tyrion Lannister.

$8M/year seems bigger than Campbell. Anyway, seems to me. Could totally be wrong.
I agree. He just seems like the guy that requires the "not for sale" price. Which coupled with penalties will be higher than you would think.
8 is big boy $.

See, $8M/year for 5 years doesn't even sound Campbell level to me. Campbell would come to Tennessee for, say, $5M/year. At most $6M/year.

No, $8M/year is a Bob Stoops level number.

To me, at least, that's how it seems.
No he wouldn’t. He hasn’t even taken calls for tye $5-$6 range.

It’s going to take overpaying by a couple million to get Campbell to leave a top-10 team he built.

Other possibilities for that money- Petersen, Stoops (he worked professional gig for way less). A lot of guys are plausible if overpaying by $3 million

Last edited:
Stoerner ....is a mystery, a riddle wrapped around an enigma, a fortune teller for the hopeless, Santa for the needy, a spy for the uninformed and a compass for the lost !!!! He is everywhere and no place at the same time...........what he is is so far spot on with everything he has shared. He has been way farther ahead of the curve with timely info than anybody else I have read on this site or in the media. For that alone I say to him once again Thank You.

Last edited:
I don't think @Stoerner Fumbles is into that here, inserting his opinions into the news he presents. At least, not in this thread. I think he's just willing to pass on what he learns from his buddy, for the benefit of this community. Plenty of other places and times for him to offer opinions, but right now he's more performing a public service.
In another thread he said if he was forced to guess it would be Campbell #1 and Elliott #2

Nope don’t know him but he’s been spot on, he did up the ante didn’t he?
I’ve said this to other posters on here, as I have been under fire for my comments on this guy tonight; I’m really not trying to make drama, and I always regret it when I take a childish shot at somebody on a football message board. But his source’s NDA must be be pretty liberal if he is allowed to go public with some facts and not others. I am obviously skeptical, as I have every right to be given what we’ve had pulled here before. I hope he is right about a coach tomorrow, but what we really all want to know is who it is. That’s what I’m frustrated about, and I have been unsuccessfully trying to make that point. I will try to be more civil with all of you about this regardless, and I’d line up next to any of you to fight anybody any day. Go Vols!

I’ve said this to other posters on here, as I have been under fire for my comments on this guy tonight; I’m really not trying to make drama, and I always regret it when I take a childish shot at somebody on a football message board. But his source’s NDA must be be pretty liberal if he is allowed to go public with some facts and not others. I am obviously skeptical, as I have every right to be given what we’ve had pulled here before. I hope he is right about a coach tomorrow, but what we really all want to know is who it is. That’s what I’m frustrated about, and I have been unsuccessfully trying to make that point. I will try to be more civil with all of you about this regardless, and I’d line up next to any of you to fight anybody any day. Go Vols!
No big worries, we'd all like to know.

It kinda feels like Christmas Eve back when we were kids. Don't want to have to wait till tomorrow, though we all know we have to. I get that.

But Stoerner deserves mad props here. He's done the community well.

We just presented a very substantial offer. If they say no, we have a plan for a backup. We’ll have a coach by tomorrow, it seems.
Because my friend of thirty years is of counsel to several people in the AD, some very important boosters, and two coaches. He’s been a hundred percent on what he’s shared with me so far, as others will tell you. I do not claim to be an insider, important or knowledgeable beyond what I know. What I know is that we just backed up a truck to our first choice, and are making him say no. I believe the offer is over five years and 40mm. If they move on from that, I hear we will close number two before lunch.

I'm sorry but those numbers don't lead me to a Campbell or a Fleck. That kinda money is up there with Nick saban salary. If (and no reason not to believe SF) these numbers are correct then I don't believe we've even heard his name mentioned......yet!!! I'm excited and very anxious!! This is program changing money! I mean it's huge!!
giphy (1).gif

I'm sorry but those numbers don't lead me to a Campbell or a Fleck. That kinda money is up there with Nick saban salary. If (and no reason not to believe SF) these numbers are correct then I don't believe we've even heard his name mentioned......yet!!! I'm excited and very anxious!! This is program changing money! I mean it's huge!!
View attachment 343689
Yeah I’m not sure I’m buying all of this yet. I want to it this still feels like gruden dreams. We’ll see. I’m hopeful

Reactions: Volfan82

VN Store

Back