Coachery

This is exactly my thought.
My guess is it’s Campbell and Elliott is the backup.
Of the names thrown out there Campbell is really the only one you would have to offer that much money to. Coordinators wouldn’t demand that much I wouldn’t think, not from this AD.

But here is a thought, for arguments sake let’s say Napier is the whiz kid he’s being portrayed as. He’s very methodical about his craft and has a vision of what he wants a program to be. Could he be the guy they open he vault for?

Have you not notice a trend with the hire of White and this coaching search? Have you not seen the thread where White purposely threw the reporter off track, he doesn’t want anybody to know anything till it happens, Stoerner knew about White before it broke, he knew about the firing, he’s been spot on, he came and let us know he wouldn’t be able to give us any insight because his friend had a NDA which means he can’t disclose information or lose his job, so he’s only getting bits, he said who he thinks it is but is not fit sure, if you don’t like it get off the board simple as that
Get off the board? Because you say so? Look man, this guy is obviously a very special and important person in your life, and I have apparently touched a nerve with you by comparing him to past insiders. He did call a coaching announcement by tomorrow though, and I am hoping that he is right. So if it will massage your wittle feewings any, I’ll be back tomorrow to apologize if he was correct. But if he wasn’t though, I’m sure it was just a translation issue in that NDA.

See, $8M/year for 5 years doesn't even sound Campbell level to me. Campbell would come to Tennessee for, say, $5M/year. At most $6M/year.

No, $8M/year is a Bob Stoops level number.

To me, at least, that's how it seems.
Don't know. Apparently Campbell is a hard fish to land and the looming penalties will add to that.

Of the names thrown out there Campbell is really the only one you would have to offer that much money to. Coordinators wouldn’t demand that much I wouldn’t think, not from this AD.

But here is a thought, for arguments sake let’s say Napier is the whiz kid he’s being portrayed as. He’s very methodical about his craft and has a vision of what he wants a program to be. Could he be the guy they open he vault for?
I'm just pisses me off it's a Saban clone.

See, $8M/year for 5 years doesn't even sound Campbell level to me. Campbell would come to Tennessee for, say, $5M/year. At most $6M/year.

Nope, Stoops won’t coach against his brother, at least that is what has been stated in several other threads when his name comes up. Besides he’s been gone for 5 years, he’s not worth that much.

Reactions: VolNExile
Don't know. Apparently Campbell is a hard fish to land and the looming penalties will add to that.
The NCAA hovering over our campus does up the ante, for sure. But Matt Campbell is only making $3.5M/year right now. A $1.5M/year raise, or at most $2.5M/year raise, that's going to be enough to get the man walking over hot coals while kissing Tyrion Lannister.

$8M/year seems bigger than Campbell. Anyway, seems to me. Could totally be wrong.

Because my friend of thirty years is of counsel to several people in the AD, some very important boosters, and two coaches. He’s been a hundred percent on what he’s shared with me so far, as others will tell you. I do not claim to be an insider, important or knowledgeable beyond what I know. What I know is that we just backed up a truck to our first choice, and are making him say no. I believe the offer is over five years and 40mm. If they move on from that, I hear we will close number two before lunch.
Who do you think it is ? A name a Guess?

Nope, Stoops won’t coach against his brother, at least that is what has been stated in several other threads when his name comes up. Besides he’s been gone for 5 years, he’s not worth that much.
Sure, maybe not Bob Stoops. I've heard all the cons: hates the SEC, been out of the game a handful of years, etc. You could be right. Though I'm not so sure he isn't itching for a new challenge even if it means his brother and he get to face off from time to time.

I'm just saying that's the level of coach you get for $8m/year.

Have you not notice a trend with the hire of White and this coaching search? Have you not seen the thread where White purposely threw the reporter off track, he doesn’t want anybody to know anything till it happens, Stoerner knew about White before it broke, he knew about the firing, he’s been spot on, he came and let us know he wouldn’t be able to give us any insight because his friend had a NDA which means he can’t disclose information or lose his job, so he’s only getting bits, he said who he thinks it is but is not fit sure, if you don’t like it get off the board simple as that
You mean his friend's neighbor has an NDA right? He said his friend's neighbor worked for Pruitt and that's where the info was coming from?

Totally agree....$8M is Stoops or Peterson level money. I don’t know if they get their top choice but it’s refreshing to hear that they at least took a shot.

Get off the board? Because you say so? Look man, this guy is obviously a very special and important person in your life, and I have apparently touched a nerve with you by comparing him to past insiders. He did call a coaching announcement by tomorrow though, and I am hoping that he is right. So if it will massage your wittle feewings any, I’ll be back tomorrow to apologize if he was correct. But if he wasn’t though, I’m sure it was just a translation issue in that NDA.
Nope don’t know him but he’s been spot on, he did up the ante didn’t he?

Who do you think it is ? A name a Guess?
I don't think @Stoerner Fumbles is into that here, inserting his opinions into the news he presents. At least, not in this thread. I think he's just willing to pass on what he learns from his buddy, for the benefit of this community. Plenty of other places and times for him to offer opinions, but right now he's more performing a public service.

The NCAA hovering over our campus does up the ante, for sure. But Matt Campbell is only making $3.5M/year right now. A $1.5M/year raise, or at most $2.5M/year raise, that's going to be enough to get the man walking over hot coals while kissing Tyrion Lannister.

$8M/year seems bigger than Campbell. Anyway, seems to me. Could totally be wrong.
I could see them having to sweeten the offer by an additional 25% on top of a normal great offer to offset potential NCAA penalties if it’s someone they really want.

Doesn’t mean that offer goes to everyone.

Totally agree....$8M is Stoops or Peterson level money. I don’t know if they get their top choice but it’s refreshing to hear that they at least took a shot.

Neither of those coaches are coming out of retirement to takeover a Tennessee that's been down for a decade plus, and soon to be under NCAA sanctions to boot.

Reactions: Benionsopinion

VN Store

Back