Coachery

“I haven’t read his succession of posts in this thread, so I don’t know what’s going on, but I’m going to criticize him anyway, then ask everyone to fill me in on the stuff I didn’t read so I don’t have to.”

Fixed your post.
Read every post. Saw nothing specific that pointed to spot on. Saw some things that reasonable people would assume, and plenty of things that could be not be proven or disproven. Same way with past insiders, and that’s the only point I was trying to make. But this guy who knows a guy who’s information might not be right or something went wrong after the fact is a very important person to many of you on here. People have literally insulted me personally for my challenging the integrity of this man. Be gullible all you want people. I promise not to ask for specific information from him again since it chaps so many of you.

Pretty simple deductions here...no telling if true or not, but $40M/5 years is a huge offer. DW is not an amateur here and knows the market value of coaches. This level of offer is “getting a seat at the adult table” offer and there are but a handful of coaches who would warrant that level of money. I do not believe DW is at the “overpaying” at this point at a current coordinator is not going to get this huge an offer (all IMO).

I would think that if this is accepted, we would be happy with the hire.

There again, I am wrong more than I am right (ask my wife). 😜

Read every post. Saw nothing specific that pointed to spot on. Saw some things that reasonable people would assume, and plenty of things that could be not be proven or disproven. Same way with past insiders, and that’s the only point I was trying to make. But this guy who knows a guy who’s information might not be right or something went wrong after the fact is a very important person to many of you on here. People have literally insulted me personally for my challenging the integrity of this man. Be gullible all you want people. I promise not to ask for specific information from him again since it chaps so many of you.
Catch ya later. You may be eating crow tomorrow. If so , I hope you are man enough to admit you were wrong.

Because my friend of thirty years is of counsel to several people in the AD, some very important boosters, and two coaches. He’s been a hundred percent on what he’s shared with me so far, as others will tell you. I do not claim to be an insider, important or knowledgeable beyond what I know. What I know is that we just backed up a truck to our first choice, and are making him say no. I believe the offer is over five years and 40mm. If they move on from that, I hear we will close number two before lunch.
It moved......

Reactions: deezvols and Raebo
Pretty simple deductions here...no telling if true or not, but $40M/5 years is a huge offer. DW is not an amateur here and knows the market value of coaches. This level of offer is “getting a seat at the adult table” offer and there are but a handful of coaches who would warrant that level of money. I do not believe DW is at the “overpaying” at this point at a current coordinator is not going to get this huge an offer (all IMO).

I would think that if this is accepted, we would be happy with the hire.

There again, I am wrong more than I am right (ask my wife). 😜

This is exactly my thought.
My guess is it’s Campbell and Elliott is the backup.

Catch ya later. You may be eating crow tomorrow.
Dude, I’ll happily eat crow. You and everyone else are missing my point. He is giving us everything at the exact same time that he is giving us nothing. I WANT him to be the real deal. I’m just asking for actual information and not the same crap we’ve got every other coaching search. I come on here hoping to find out what the latest is just like everybody else.

Dude, I’ll happily eat crow. You and everyone else are missing my point. He is giving us everything at the exact same time that he is giving us nothing. I WANT him to be the real deal. I’m just asking for actual information and not the same crap we’ve got every other coaching search. I come on here hoping to find out what the latest is just like everybody else.
With the specifics about a coach being hired by noon tomorrow , I believe he just upped the ante.

Reactions: UTwild82
Have you not notice a trend with the hire of White and this coaching search? Have you not seen the thread where White purposely threw the reporter off track, he doesn’t want anybody to know anything till it happens, Stoerner knew about White before it broke, he knew about the firing, he’s been spot on, he came and let us know he wouldn’t be able to give us any insight because his friend had a NDA which means he can’t disclose information or lose his job, so he’s only getting bits, he said who he thinks it is but is not fit sure, if you don’t like it get off the board simple as that

$2M/year base offer with a $6M bonus if they win the conference and take us to the playoffs.

VN Store

Back