Coachery

It's getting awful quiet on the coaching front, here we are approaching midday. If something is going to break today it will probably happen between now and this afternoon. I guess it could get announced tonight and a presser tomorrow. But then again maybe this goes further. But I do believe that stoenerfumbles is telling like he hears it's whether it is right or wrong. I know I am ready, and hope we get us a quality coach that can win in the SEC. GBO!

Reactions: bleedorange9995
It's getting awful quiet on the coaching front, here we are approaching midday. If something is going to break today it will probably happen between now and this afternoon. I guess it could get announced tonight and a presser tomorrow. But then again maybe this goes further. But I do believe that stoenerfumbles is telling like he hears it's whether it is right or wrong. I know I am ready, and hope we get us a quality coach that can win in the SEC. GBO!
The further it goes, the more worried I become. It means the big kahuna has said no, as has number 2. Meaning we probably will end up with a Flek or an Elliott.

If you'll allow me to play doubles advocate for a minute, pre-madonnas are not a diamond dozen. So we don't need to be taking them for granite when they speak up. A lot of folks think we can just rest on our laurens but that's not the case.

I feel like I am back in school being forced to read Shakespeare again.

i'm starting to think we need to lower our expectations on all of this... this is not my first coaching search and we always have our hopes up for certain ones but it ends up being someone way down the list.

I hope if we are down our list...we can at least get someone like Chadwell

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire
So what are everyone's thoughts on letting Steele be the interim coach for the upcoming season while the search plays out? Would prevent a rush to hire that can lead to more Pruitt-ish hires. Plus it would get us through the initial murk of NCAA investigations and on more solid footing in that area. I don't really see anyone right now that would be the slam dunk that everyone here seems to want.

So what are everyone's thoughts on letting Steele be the interim coach for the upcoming season while the search plays out? Would prevent a rush to hire that can lead to more Pruitt-ish hires. Plus it would get us through the initial murk of NCAA investigations and on more solid footing in that area. I don't really see anyone right now that would be the slam dunk that everyone here seems to want.
hell no

It doesn't seem likely, but I'd much rather that than hire Will Healy or someone we already know is not going to be able to do the job.

If we can get a top notch coach now, there's not point in letting Steele have the year. However, I'd be fine with it if enough coaches told us no that Steele was on the same level as the choices we are left with.

You’d basically lose a recruiting class for a year. You’d likely have more players transfer out.

Moot question.

If you'll allow me to play doubles advocate for a minute, pre-madonnas are not a diamond dozen. So we don't need to be taking them for granite when they speak up. A lot of folks think we can just rest on our laurens but that's not the case.
I appreciate how your post is a desertion from the topic at hand.You’re incite adds a cents of brevity to the serious topping at hand . I appreciate you being an escaped goat.

VN Store

Back