Coachery

Based on these two tidbits, I firmly believe the two leading candidates are...
1.) Fickell
2.) Franklin

I think Fickell loves the idea, but I also think his ultimate goal is Ohio State. So he'd be wary to come here and suffer the brand hit if it reduces his chances at tOSU. I also think the Boosters would know he's the number 1 guy because of the connection to Cincinnati. Now, where I'm iffy on this is the price tag we saw last night. Is 5-6 million a Fickell number? I mean he's impressive, but is he that impressive?? To me, that number is a Campbell number. But I have a hard time thinking Campbell wants to be here. I'd love it if it is him, but it just feels too good to be true for Campbell.

Luke Fickell is a defensive coach, of course White could have been lying when he said he was going to hire an offensive minded coach

Reactions: Vols1-TN n KY
I say the top 2 are
Campbell
Napier
Absolutely no way Franklin is being considered since he wanted to brush rape under the rug and numbers don’t fit Fickell, Campbell has a good thing going, coach that is high on coaching boards and still rising, shoot even Fleck can be said as one, he’s on the rise as well, most of his star players opted out, why they were down
Napier is a risk I don't think DW will take to make him number 2 on his list. Fickell feels more like a DW, Plowman, and Boyd guy. I don't buy the rape allegations against Franklin. Penn State would drop him in a heartbeat if something were there. They don't need more blackeyes.

Reactions: Orangeblood98'
It's a top 2 of either Campbell, Fickell, and Fleck.

Tony Elliott is 3rd and will ultimately be the one hired.

💯
Fleck is already out and Elliott isn't going to above the likes of Napier, Chadwell, etc. Boyd will have a say in this hire, and he's not going to go with another coordinator.

Napier is a risk I don't think DW will take to make him number 2 on his list. Fickell feels more like a DW, Plowman, and Boyd guy. I don't buy the rape allegations against Franklin. Penn State would drop him in a heartbeat if something were there. They don't need more blackeyes.

Can see that.....but didn’t they say offensive mindset guy? Whether you believe it or not it looms over his head thus making it a no, all white has said is integrity

Can see that.....but didn’t they say offensive mindset guy? Whether you believe it or not it looms over his head thus making it a no, all white has said is integrity
That's a fair point, but I still have an odd feeling Franklin is in the mix. Fickell is who my money is on at the moment. We're not hearing enough chatter about him and he feels like he fits that explanation of weariness about the sanctions hurting his brand.

That's a fair point, but I still have an odd feeling Franklin is in the mix. Fickell is who my money is on at the moment. We're not hearing enough chatter about him and he feels like he fits that explanation of weariness about the sanctions hurting his brand.
I wouldn’t be upset about him! I do however feel a volnation breakdown if Franklin is hired, I see another shiano fiasco

I say the top 2 are
Campbell
Napier
Absolutely no way Franklin is being considered since he wanted to brush rape under the rug and numbers don’t fit Fickell, Campbell has a good thing going, coach that is high on coaching boards and still rising, shoot even Fleck can be said as one, he’s on the rise as well, most of his star players opted out, why they were down
If PSU can hire Franklin after that debacle then we can hire Franklin.

Stoerner, sorry if we got a little too excited and coaxed out more info than you should have provided. I'd like to say we will all edit our posts to minimize any damage but sadly we know there are some on here that wouldn't. Hopefully your friend knows what we've been through as a fan base and is understanding in this regard. I do want to say thanks again for giving a fan that was about on the edge of giving up some hope, been feeling better about things since the first time I opened this link.

I’m about to lose my toys if I don’t say a couple of things: I have never been told the name of a coaching target. My friend does not represent the person who is the source of his information. That’s my disclaimer.
Personally, I’ll add two more things: I really don’t want to be the guy known for pulling the wrong string that unwinds the confidentiality in this thing. As I’ve said before, I’m not an insider. I won’t be “sharing” for years to come on topics where I don’t have value. Usually I’m just the snide guy who pokes holes in logic of others, and goes back to work.Look at my history. I don’t post insider information, because I’ve never had any. I don’t live my life on this forum, and I don’t plan to cash any e-cred checks anytime soon. I have a pretty clear indication that the booster who is sharing with my friend, is sharing with one other person on this board too, based on an evidence trail. I think that booster will be asked to be quiet this morning, and that’ll result in me knowing less, and knowing later.
The boosters know target one because he has been a target for weeks. They don’t know other names below that. I stand by everything I said yesterday, and have said in the past. Two candidates have been notified that they are finalists. One is in a back and forth as of last night. I know the key problem is the perception that the NCAA issues are reputational issues that damage the perception of the job. I don’t know that they can fix that with money or length of contract. Barring two strikeouts, I still believe they will be in a deal today. Yesterday my friend said they’d have a coach by midday. I know DW wants to tell team before anyone else. I know every local media person has been told to sit in a corner until there is news. While they will do a national release through regular channels, the national sources have not been told who the targets are. While we could have already closed this, or may very soon, it could take a few hours to be released. I crossed a line last night, and said too much. I said some details about a friend that were beyond what I should’ve shared. I’m not going to delete or change anything from those posts. It’s my mistake. It’s on the record with everything else. We are indeed in a negotiation with our top target. I feel rock solid about that. No matter what they say about the order of events, I’m confident that they made a big offer to a candidate that we’d normally perceive as not in our reach. I think we’ll all be happy if that closes. If not, key constituents believe in DW (and therefore the other finalist) whether the fans will or not. I still believe we’re near the finish line. I’m not going to guess coach names. I don’t know, but I know enough to cause trouble.
Which one is sharing more info, the staffer or the booster? You had said your source was neighbors with a staff member. Just interested which one is talking.

Reactions: vollygirl
Stoerner, sorry if we got a little too excited and coaxed out more info than you should have provided. I'd like to say we will all edit our posts to minimize any damage but sadly we know there are some on here that wouldn't. Hopefully your friend knows what we've been through as a fan base and is understanding in this regard. I do want to say thanks again for giving a fan that was about on the edge of giving up some hope, been feeling better about things since the first time I opened this link.
I’m in agreement man, thanks man and I would edit myself if I could

Which one is sharing more info, the staffer or the booster? You had said your source was neighbors with a staff member. Just interested which one is talking.
The source of last night’s information that we have two finalists and an offer out came through a booster to my friend. My friend also has clients on staff, and clients who are boosters. Neither were the source from last night.

If I were Stoerner, not only would I not directly answer your question, I would follow up later calling the source his friend's "barber." Or "butcher" Or "baker."

The more Stoerner can help obfuscate who his buddy and his buddy's source are, the better, I think. :)

Asking in this thread in hopes that someone more plugged in than I might have some insight. In the spirit of a NTSB investigation after a disaster, why did Fulmer keep himself so tied to CJP?
Given the timeline put out when CJP was terminated he knew sometime back this had grown beyond the compliance office yet I never saw any attempt to put space between him and Pruitt in fact all through the fall and December he seemed to tie himself closer and closer to the fate of his coach.
I remember in the aftermath of his dismissal as coach CPF said he thought some of Mike Hamilton's statements had "cut his legs out from under him" and I guess he didn't want to do that to Pruitt. I thought he looked genuinely stunned things had gotten to this point at the dismissal press conference. Still given the length and apparent breadth of the investigation I can't but wonder why he decided to lash himself to the mast of a ship that was definitely taking on water.

Asking in this thread in hopes that someone more plugged in than I might have some insight. In the spirit of a NTSB investigation after a disaster, why did Fulmer keep himself so tied to CJP?
Given the timeline put out when CJP was terminated he knew sometime back this had grown beyond the compliance office yet I never saw any attempt to put space between him and Pruitt in fact all through the fall and December he seemed to tie himself closer and closer to the fate of his coach.
I remember in the aftermath of his dismissal as coach CPF said he thought some of Mike Hamilton's statements had "cut his legs out from under him" and I guess he didn't want to do that to Pruitt. I thought he looked genuinely stunned things had gotten to this point at the dismissal press conference. Still given the length and apparent breadth of the investigation I can't but wonder why he decided to lash himself to the mast of a ship that was definitely taking on water.
I’ll happily return to this and share what I know on these topics later.

VN Store

Back